Scoring incentive to play the objective

• My biggest complaint in TO games is that, in my experience, people just play like it’s TDM. We need to have a strong incentive for people to want to do everything possible to play the objective.

My suggestion is to rework the scoring for TO games such that kills and deaths are not major contributors to score for the attackers. Time on objective, peasants killed, structures burned, and damage done to the king should be the major contributors for attackers. Maybe get creative and also add time spent fighting within x feet of the objective or kills within x feet of the objective, or some other indicator of contribution to the completion of the objectives. For the defenders, kills near the objective could count for more than kills outside this area. One way or another, make players really want to play the objective. For an attacker, kills themselves do not contribute at all to the teams goal. When over half the team can’t be bothered to play the objective BC they would rather have a high score, something is very wrong with the scoring system. TO is an entirely different mode than TDM, so please score it in a way that reflects this!! Otherwise we all may as well just play TDM maps…

• I totally agree that doing the objective should be more rewarded. Most times the teams are slashing each others and no one is doing the objective and those who actually do the objective look like noobs because they don’t get any high score for doing so.

• Agreed, and perhaps the scoreboard for TO should also just show overall scores instead of kills and deaths etc. Keep that stuff only in the kill-focused modes.

I don’t really see what the measurable value of a k/d ratio is in modes where you have unlimited lives.

• Could you guys bump my thread and add your suggestions? ?
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5272&start=10

• I fully agree. And if your overall score benefits the unlocking of your weapons then that’d be a nice bonus.

• I noticed while playing as a defender last night that standing near the enemies pushable does net you points. This seems to be the only additional points for defenders or attackers. Hopefully the scoring gets some attention in the not-so-distant future. I think the additional points need to be given for other things like kills within a certain radius of the trebuchets or King, etc, as I said. And make it know through a loading screen tip, so people are aware that playing the objective will translate into a higher score more than just running around killing the enemy like a TDM game.

I saw a suggestion elsewhere that kills and deaths shouldn’t even be shown on the scoreboard for an objective based mode. I like that idea to a point. Kills in the objective area that actually do contribute to completing the objective should be shown, I think. As long as the scoring really rewards those who play the objective!

• i think the push cart should be pushable both ways kinda like a football grudge play. Attackers are able to push if needed to blow up gate or what not… and the defenders be able to push back the cart also.

• That is so dumb Mas. Just lol. It’s already so much easier to defend than attack on cart stages specially towards the end. Being pushable both ways would just make it so the defenders would win 99%.

If anything that would be a new mode where both teams try to get the cart to the other’s gate and the cart spawns at the middle of the track.

• @Frontal:

That is so dumb Mas. Just lol. It’s already so much easier to defend than attack on cart stages specially towards the end. Being pushable both ways would just make it so the defenders would win 99%.

If anything that would be a new mode where both teams try to get the cart to the other’s gate and the cart spawns at the middle of the track.

just an idea you cry baby…. and it doesnt need to be implemented on every cart map clown.

• @Mas:

@Frontal:

That is so dumb Mas. Just lol. It’s already so much easier to defend than attack on cart stages specially towards the end. Being pushable both ways would just make it so the defenders would win 99%.

just an idea you cry baby…. and it doesnt need to be implemented on every cart map clown.

Let’s stay focused on scoring, please. ;)

• the only thing he will be scoring is the tip of my arrows if he ever plays this game.