This game is now COD: medieval Warfare

• Everyone saying the game community is great. I havent played one game yet that didnt have someone with a name of a human body part (you know which one) a reference to hitler, or a swear word.

Every other game has had a hacker.

The chat is constant COD style taunts, curses, and insults. There is no gameplay except killing other people.
    Yes the game has a high learning curve. But with the exploits, it is pointless. Use the exploits and more powerful class, and you will always dominate.

The game was released poorly, and the Hit detection is utter shit, and the classes are not balanced well at all, nor are the weapons. A vanguard with a halberd will always be on the top of kills.

The kills to unlock is annoying too. Especially when it resets (I want my damn heavy crossbow, torn banner).

So yea. The community is not good, it sucks.

• welcome to the internetz.

And it doesnt matter what game you play, its just like in real life, *ssholes are everywhere!

• Every other game has had a hacker.

This is strange, because I have about 60 hours now and i havent seen a single hacker so far

Hit detection is utter shit

Hit detection has its issues i’ll admit, but a very large proportion of the time you simply weren’t blocking sufficiently in the right detection, or you were too far away with your swing. Its hardly “utter shit”. I played in a comp tourney with the hit detection and all i can say is “Eh, very occasionally weapons seem to go through shields or swing through someone”.

A vanguard with a halberd will always be on the top of kills.

Only because vanguards with halberds are extremely effective at killing newbs. In a similar vein to slash spamming, once you get better at the game you can pretty much kill them with ease. They slash/overhead, you block, feint, then a-stabbie their a-face in

But with the exploits, it is pointless.

This isn’t true. I know a good portion of the exploits currently available in the game, and i see them rarely, if ever, used.

I suggest practising more. The melee system is complex, and the degree to which you have to block is more than what is made obvious in the tutorials

• @20k:

Every other game has had a hacker.

This is strange, because I have about 60 hours now and i havent seen a single hacker so far

Hit detection is utter shit

Hit detection has its issues i’ll admit, but a very large proportion of the time you simply weren’t blocking sufficiently in the right detection, or you were too far away with your swing. Its hardly “utter shit”. I played in a comp tourney with the hit detection and all i can say is “Eh, very occasionally weapons seem to go through shields or swing through someone”.

A vanguard with a halberd will always be on the top of kills.

Only because vanguards with halberds are extremely effective at killing newbs. In a similar vein to slash spamming, once you get better at the game you can pretty much kill them with ease. They slash/overhead, you block, feint, then a-stabbie their a-face in

But with the exploits, it is pointless.

This isn’t true. I know a good portion of the exploits currently available in the game, and i see them rarely, if ever, used.

I suggest practising more. The melee system is complex, and the degree to which you have to block is more than what is made obvious in the tutorials

Very true, +1

• Attitudes like yours are actually what make communities worse. You’re presenting your opinions (read carefully here: opinions) in an inflammatory manner. At the back of your mind, you must’ve known when typing this it would only garner vehement responses in return due to its tone.

I am sorry for the inconvenience about unlocks - if you get disconnected or leave a game before a map change your progress will sometimes mess up, so avoid doing that until the system is improved. About these supposed exploits - a better system for reporting and dealing with genuine hackers is already in the works as well, but if you know of any exploits within the game itself players are abusing, please, PM a moderator or administrator about them.

If you’d like to post some constructive feedback, you’re more than welcome to. If you have any balance grievances, take it to the balance thread and see what others are saying about it. I won’t allow continued baseless attacks on the game or its community, however. This thread has set the stage for a show of poor communication and I’m not going to let it proceed any further.