Rant About Archers!!!

• Dear Archers,

Why do you always stand in the choke point? Is that really the best place? Why must you shove your way in front of me during a charge and then stop dead right in the narrowest place? Most maps have all sorts of high ground and hidden places where I imagine an archer would be more effective. Plus, you may not have noticed, but by standing in the choke point you are blocking the rest of your team from being able to do any fighting at all.

I do appreciate your efforts at making yourself a human shield for me. But at 200m away from the action, you arent really protecting me from much. Wouldnt you rather I be out in front fending off knights, vanguards and MAAs from dashing in to kill you? What made you believe archers are the first line of defense and all others must stand behind them?

Sincerely,

A Melee Player

• Because it’s full of enemies who can barely move so I’m getting off free shots, duh.

• Dear Melee player,

As an effective archer I find it best to be up close and near the action. It would be very kind of you to not stand in front of my aim when it is so clear that I intend to shoot.
    I do my best to only loose an arrow when there is a clear shot to the enemy that is about to chop your head off.
    As you are most aware, there are both melee fighters and archers that probably should never have been handed a weapon and are better suited to serving cups of spiced wine to Nobles. I do hand you the consensus that a terrible melee player is more effective for the team then a terrible archer.
    Please in your future correspondents pass on the message that good archers play close to the action where they are far more efficient.

Thank you.

A good archer and melee player.

• Dear Melee …

Oh wait.

@Toll:

Dear Melee player,

As an effective archer I find it best to be up close and near the action. It would be very kind of you to not stand in front of my aim when it is so clear that I intend to shoot.
    I do my best to only loose an arrow when there is a clear shot to the enemy that is about to chop your head off.
    As you are most aware, there are both melee fighters and archers that probably should never have been handed a weapon and are better suited to serving cups of spiced wine to Nobles. I do hand you the consensus that a terrible melee player is more effective for the team then a terrible archer.
    Please in your future correspondents pass on the message that good archers play close to the action where they are far more efficient.

Thank you.

+99

• @Carsha:

Dear Melee …

Oh wait.

@Toll:

Dear Melee player,

Thank you.

+99

+1 = +100 :D

• @ransack:

Dear Archers,

Why do you always stand in the choke point?

Just bash/kick them out of the way.

• I have a similar dislike for archers. Don’t get me wrong, I love playing the class, but people just love to sit there and pepper arrows into a clusterphuck of an engagement. My brain has some sort of gravitational pull for friendly arrows.

Who knows, maybe TB will make heads that violently get shot off do damage to anyone they hit. Then the archers might do something good for the team.

• @William:

@Carsha:

Dear Melee …

Oh wait.

@Toll:

Dear Melee player,

Thank you.

+99

+1 = +100 :D

It’s over 9000!