Dear archers

• If and when you find yourself killing your team mates, please switch to another class. Not all phases of an objective are friendly for archers, and if you keep team attacking and don’t switch classes I will kill you at the spawn. Thanks for understanding.

• Then we will vote kick you out.

• @coo_snake:

Then we will vote kick you out.

Actually the first couple times I did it, a vote kick was started but it never passed. It’s entirely justified.

• What about when Vanguards or Knights come shredding in and hack down an ally as well as an opponent? It’s just the nature of the game, shit happens, you will respawn, get over it. If a player is intentionally TKing, then a vote kick will pass.

• yea… most teamkill happens due to slash spamming idiots… ever seen an archer scoring a triple TK? well vanguards and knights do it alot :?

• AXE knows there is special place in the burning pits for worthless mook teammates who flinch him with m1 spam while he is busy removing heads.

Axe’s shoulders are broad like a barn side… so he is less annoyed with the archers. He is a big target after all.

• @Suncross:

If and when you find yourself killing your team mates, please switch to another class. Not all phases of an objective are friendly for archers, and if you keep team attacking and don’t switch classes I will kill you at the spawn. Thanks for understanding.

And that is the exact attitude that causes me to switch servers, whether I’m playing an archer or not. Can’t you see that by your own intolerance you are promoting bad play? It will happen that you get teamkilled by a slash noob or by an unfortunate archer. Get over it. I honestly despise the people that have an attitude like: Oh, you teamkilled me. Whether that was on purpose or not, this gives me the right to teamkill you back… NO :-x

The irony is, they’re not the bad players. Well maybe they are, but atleast they’re not as bad as you.

• I don’t mind the archers accidentally shooting me in the back from time to time. I’ve done it myself by accident. Besides, other classes teamkill much more often than archers do.

What I hate about some archers is when they plant their asses in the team spawn then get 5 kills in a half an hour game. If you are an archer, you should be getting headshots left and right, which also means you have to be right behind your knights and vanguard, or at least constantly sniping those annoying ballista users.

Also, archer duels, blergh! - just threw up a little in my mouth - waste of both players’ time.

• How about all of the melee people teamkilling? I see people complain about archers all the time, yet I see far more melee people just swinging away and teamkilling like crazy with fewer complaints. It is much easier to get kills and avoid teamkilling as melee than it is as an archer. I play archer mostly, and I spend far more time trying to put myself into a position and finding the right targets to get kills without hurting friendlies than I do as melee (I play vanguard but mostly man at arms when playing melee).

As melee I can run around through the thick of battle picking my targets quickly and overhead/stab them, rarely ever hitting friendlies. As archer I spend half my time trying to pick my targets and reducing the chance of hitting freindlies, but even when I am positive I have a clear shot some melee may sprint right in front of my shot, or come around a corner and run straight into it after I’ve fired.

I think you should be more concerned about the idiots with two handed weapons swinging around friendlies than archers. I’m not saying there aren’t stupid archers who just fire away, but as far as good players go it’s far easier to avoid teamkills as melee than it is as an archer, and yet it’s far more common.

• I almost always play as an archer so I have different view on this than you Suncross.

I saw many many times that if one side is loosing then somebody is shouting in the chat that archers are uselles, noob archers etc etc BUT every class can and will be uselles when played wrong. Lot of melee players are just spamming RMB and sometimes killing more friendlies then enemies. Do you see dozen of topics about that here? No. But that is as common ingame as archer hitting friends. I for myself sometimes hit friendly an sometimes even kill friendly. That happens even to very skilled players and im not one.

Like one of games I played today. We pushed battering ram to gate and werent able to break through even when it was almost done. Two mins before the end someone from my team started raging about archers (we had 4 of 12 players) and started teamkilling us. I was killed by him three times. I had more than 200 teamwork points and 16 assists from trying to help my teammates to actually get there and no teamkills. Does he carred? No. Because archers are uselles noobs. :?

Archers can be usefull on every part of team objective. They just need to adapt and choose right strategy. Not sniping from spawn. I dont like that too. Hate it actually. But that is not reason for TK!

• @Suncross:

If and when you find yourself killing your team mates, please switch to another class. Not all phases of an objective are friendly for archers, and if you keep team attacking and don’t switch classes I will kill you at the spawn. Thanks for understanding.

Dear Melee,

When you find yourself slashing repeatedly at enemies and find yourself killing your team mates, please learn to use other attacks and / or learn to aim those attacks, If you cannot then please switch to a shorter weapon to which you won’t screw over team mates as much.

Prepare yourself for Votekicks or more arrows flying your way if you do not comply.

Thankyou :)

A Precise Archer

• I hear all of you and I am not talking about getting hit by arrows. I am talking getting pked 3-4 times a match by the same archers. I’ve died like 8 times in one match due to archery noobs. I can deal with people being new. I am a few days old to the game as well. There are pleanty of things for me to learn. But when is it time to call it quits? By the 2nd team kill, I think it is time to start being more aggressive, or trying to learn a different class.

Siegfried you bring up a good point, but it isn’t attitude at all. I just don’t have time for people being obnoxious anymore. I really don’t. A community is starting to rise out of this game, and we need to build it based off of the best mannerisms we can. At every issue or turn of events, telling everyone to just “deal with it” or “get over it” just deters people from the game. You cant seriously expect the game to stay populated when it is full of people inconsiderate of how many people they team kill a match.

Velt and alrin, I hear yall too. I can deal with getting hit, and there is even less excuses for melee players. They can look up at the sky, or click Q or even not engage in a 5v1. I mean what is to gain in a 5v1? Really? You can just move on. One could probably predict that where you see people with that zerg mentality, you see a lot of team killing, and a lot of team killing comes a lot of losing matches.

I take joy in dying sometimes. When I get caught off guard, or that one mace user comes in and goes ham on people killing everyone in 1 swing, that is awesome. Sometimes it’s funny. But when I die due to getting poked by a dagger from some crossbowman, I can’t help but think “wow, I would have won that if those archers didnt pepper the shit out of me with team damage” so on and so forth. I play video games to relieve stress. Most people who are grown do that. The days of competition and living for games are slowly dying.

• I seriously think most people are either retarded, lack common sense or just don’t give a shit about anyone.

It took me 10 minutes to realize I shouldn’t just rush into a melee blob slashing everyone, yet I see people with hours and hours put into this game still M1 spam rushing to the nearest enemy like a no brakes bulldozer. Gotta get that frag mang.

Because of all these shitters I just changed my goals to get the best KDR as possible every game, fuck winning team fights or doing objectives. Still place first on 90% of the matches, but rarely get more than 40 kills now. Good thing is that I went from 15-20 deaths to single digit numbers.

ps suncross you suck and DF UW is vaporware 20/11 isnt happening the ride never ends

• PURPOSEFUL TK=SERVER BAN

• It’s not so much the purposeful team kills.

It’s the fact that no one cares so if you are attacking someone a teammate will just run in swinging horizontally trying to get the kill and he will go through you without thinking twice. Same with archers, they don’t care if a teammate is in the way they will just shoot and hope it hits the enemy.

• @Reevezy:

It’s not so much the purposeful team kills.

It’s the fact that no one cares so if you are attacking someone a teammate will just run in swinging horizontally trying to get the kill and he will go through you without thinking twice. Same with archers, they don’t care if a teammate is in the way they will just shoot and hope it hits the enemy.

I CARE, I CARE ABOUT ALL OF YOU.

Do we really need repeated threads complaining about TK’s? Maybe we can condense our tears into a single massive thread. You’re only reaching a small portion of the community on this forum, and -assumption- most probably not the players who are constantly TK’ing you.

Can’t we all be best fwiends?

• I can somewhat see the OP’s frustration with team-mate archers. However I will add my 2cents. Think about this, IT is FAR easier to dodge left-mouse slashing teammates, in the thick of a fight… than avoid getting damaged by archers taking potshots, into the melee with impunity of hitting friendlies. (Because hey, I may of wounded you but the enemy killed you!) - Same applies for melee units, but again far easier to dodge and more predictable.

This game’s high end skill requirement demands a heap of ‘positioning’ from the player, by putting yourself in sticky situations you will only promote death, yet often you must fight an enemy in melee… there is no denying this, yet archers will still always take opportunities to shoot into a melee, creating a risk for getting hit, without being able to do anything about it.

You can simply back off if 3 of your friendly ‘Knights’ jump the targets you were fighting, but Archers will always have the ability to hail a wall of lead into whatever humanoid creatures are in sight.

• @Carsha:

@Reevezy:

It’s not so much the purposeful team kills.

I CARE, I CARE ABOUT ALL OF YOU.

Do we really need repeated threads complaining about TK’s? Maybe we can condense our tears into a single massive thread. You’re only reaching a small portion of the community on this forum, and -assumption- most probably not the players who are constantly TK’ing you.

Can’t we all be best fwiends?

I didn’t mean all players, just the majority.

I rarely hit a teammate and always an accident if I do. I feel especially bad if its an MMA when I’m using the maul.

• If they text sorry I’m cool 8-)

• cool story bro