Server Lagging out after more than 16 people join

• I have plenty of bandwidth but for whatever reason I can’t get more than 16 people on without the game lagging badly ? I have servers that handle over 50 people on at once and I’m having a hard time getting Chivalry to operate with more than 16 people without a total lag fest. Is there some settings I can adjust to make this game run better ? I can’t believe there is no place increase memory or bandwidth adjustments. If anyone has some info on this I would appreciate the help.

• Source: ServerDoc.pdf

“” PCServer-UDKEngine.ini
    Under [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
    • MaxInternetClientRate – maximum rate at which the server will send data to a player (in bytes/sec)""

Try that setting

• Yes, thank you this seems to work. Client and Internet.

• How can one determine what the appropriate setting should be here ? I would like to host a server for maximum 32 players, what would be the best value to use then ?

• @StoneCold:

How can one determine what the appropriate setting should be here ? I would like to host a server for maximum 32 players, what would be the best value to use then ?

Depends on how much you have outgoing bandwith on your internet connection I suppose. With my 64 player server I don’t really see a difference when I tweak those values. With my 64 player server the outgoing datarate is about 600kb/s regardless of on the settings. Bluefang solutions also said it is 600kb/s on their 64 player servers. I don’t know how much bandwith you will need for a 32 player server since it doesn’t scale linearly with the playercount. My guess would be around 100-250kb/s. Just use the default values and if you run in to problems then start playing with the settings. My server worked fine with the default values.

• Is there a way to set the maxclientrate to ‘just take whatever you need?’. I’m on 1 gbps so I don’t care how much traffic it generates. Do I just set the rate to zero (0) ?

• The upload for 32 player is about 300kb/s, it`s almost linear the scaling of upload bandwidth when over 10 players