Parrying a 2 Handed Hammer with a Butter Knife

• Let’s link disparate weapon sizes to stamina usage eh? You want to parry a claymore with a dagger, ok… prepare for a huge stamina hit. You want to block a halberd with a small shield? Same thing.

• It already takes a huge chunk of stamina to parry with a dagger as an archer.

• Yes, this is already in the game. Also why I never use the buckler over the heater. You’ll be out of stamina after just a couple blocks against anything bigger than a mace.

• @grandmasterlee:

Let’s link disparate weapon sizes to stamina usage eh? You want to parry a claymore with a dagger, ok… prepare for a huge stamina hit. You want to block a halberd with a small shield? Same thing.

So you rather want to be instakilled through your dagger defense? I like how you can still defend yourself, seeing this gives every class a chance of survival. If you could be smashed instantly, it’s a worthless class.

• Games can’t be 100% realistic. It’s called balance.

• Every time I see one of these threads I picture this:

• They should make it where you take massive chip damage if blocking when out of stamina. No, it isn’t in the game, unless they hotfixed it in between last night and today.

• @zippo15:

Games can’t be 100% realistic. It’s called balance.

Games CAN be perfectly realistic. It’s called oneshotting crossbow and bow.
    And I BET all hammercarriers will whine to bring butter-knife parry back.

My opinion - make big weapons able to damage through parries according to weapon size difference, but make it more costly in stamina to block with heavier weapons (taking in mind that 2 hands are less likely to become tired than one)
    And than balance it all. (just like AOC… oh… good old AOC - where is your balance?)

• @SOC:

They should make it where you take massive chip damage if blocking when out of stamina. No, it isn’t in the game, unless they hotfixed it in between last night and today.

I have experienced it as an archer unless it was the parry and still receive damage bug.

• @BoBBer:

@zippo15:

Games can’t be 100% realistic. It’s called balance.

Games CAN be perfectly realistic. It’s called oneshotting crossbow and bow.
    And I BET all hammercarriers will whine to bring butter-knife parry back.

There are no 100% realistic games.

• No one demands 100% realism, it is a no-brainer anyways.
    But that does not mean that it should be possible to block a heavy 2h Hammer of DooM with a… butterknife.

If it is not totally realistic, ok. But it does not need to be THAT arcade-like, really. There are borders and a dagger blocking a 2h hammer, is crossing this border…

Wheres Border Patrol when you need em?!

• well ok grabbin my realism hatchet here.

longbows have 100 lps that means 50 kilo wich means alot shit to draw.(speaking about longbows that are used in armys i mean not all of them were exactly made the same way out of the same wood of the same tree.)

an ordinary english longbowman can hold that for one second. Goodbye hardscope goodbye headshots for the generall of u archers goodbye to u archers at all. Since ur cloth will not take any dmg from the attack, scenario:

Vanguard charges at archer archer misses.Vanguard does overhead hits the left shoulder of archer. Bone in shoulder (im not english i think its collarbone) breaks, weapon goes through, cuts heart. archer dead.
    no second hit no surviving no 30 % hp ur just fucking dead. and i didnt need to chop ur head off. goes aswell if i would stab u in the stomach/face area. u just die without armour.no hopping around no dancing in the street no blockwhoring till ur boyfriends arrive.

archers that might hit with these changes. Instakill. slowly bleeding out. headshot = no bleeding out just drop dead on hit. no armour can save u from that (that u can actually wear) arrows can pierce the part of the towershield and kill the wearer by cutting his arms open letting him slowly bleed out (10 mins i say and 5 effectivly where u are able to do stuff).

Chainmail:
    logically seen best armour ( i know im a vanguard but its the truth)
    leaves u rather mobile doesnt let cuts through and actually no stabs in generall.
    (thats why the nordic sword is wrong made its a HACKING not a STABING weapon since it has a diffrent balance then an ordinary longsword say 1300-1400 the handle is shorter and the hilt is heavier but the blade is wider and has this hollow grind [hohlkehle german] but made for bashing through chains) blunt force of all weapons (yea even a spear when stabbed) will be like getting beaten up by a group of hools after a footballmatch. no dying of that but being put through a very hard time on the battlefield (very bad).

Leather and cloth mix armour:
    very good mobility and would put away alot of ugly wounds caused by stumbling into enemys blades.
    but a real hit? no way. it would just slice through, opening the maa like goose for thanksgiving. stabs would be as lethal as being naked (think of cows with more mobility). blunt force of all weapons could be mindered.

Plate (probably mixed with chainmail and cloth underneath):
    doesnt let any cuts of any kind trough. blunt attacks might not even dmg the armour itself.
    But all weapons have weight and all of this weight gives a naturall blunt force even if its a fucking shortsword. hitting the head of the wearer will cause him to die after several hits not of cuts cause the skin of the wearer is perfectly protected, but of a concussion.

aswell as non lethal seen hits. that go to the legs. lets say someone impales ur thigh with a sword, spear, shortspear. u would probably bleed out in several minutes having a fuckload of pain every step u take.

Well i think thats fucking realistic(and i would love to see something like that with just drastically reduced BRUTALLITY). lets not add that