Should have more than 70 fps but only have ~30-40?

• Here is my dx diag. I’ve been getting steady 30-40 fps on this game when in other games like TF2 (Of all games!!!) to be around 120 or more! I’ve set everything to the LOWEST possible settings and even used the ‘scale loweend’ command.

Also, would it be possible to suggest making it so you can still dodge from side to side and backwards if you’re sprinting? It’s really annoying to have to let go of dash to jump.

• The Unreal 3 engine is more powerfull than source engine (TF2), i think yout need better graphiccard. GTS450 is not that powerfull.

• TF2, graphically, is much worse than the unreal engine. TF2 doesn’t have SSAO, light shafts, ambient occlusion, sexy textures, etc etc. In TF2, all the shadows are baked into the map, player shadowing is pretty simply, the models are fairly simple (from a polygon complexity standpoint), and there really are no fancy effects. Chivalry has a ton of fancy effects and nice looking shadows.

Its a shame that your computer can’t run chiv, but its not a surprise. The GTS 450 is getting quite old now, i’d recommend upgrading to something quite a tad faster. Your dxdiag mentions that you have a 1280x1024 monitor, so you don’t need anything massively powerful to churn out nice graphics. On a related note, the AMD phenom is getting quite old now, i would also consider upgrading that

Also, on an unrelated note, your dxdiag shows that you have 5 gigs of memory installed but only a 32 bit operating system! The license between 32 bit and 64 bit is transferable, so download a copy of 64 bit windows 7 and enjoy your extra 2 gigs of ram!

• @20k:

TF2, graphically, is much worse than the unreal engine. TF2 doesn’t have SSAO, light shafts, ambient occlusion, sexy textures, etc etc. In TF2, all the shadows are baked into the map, player shadowing is pretty simply, the models are fairly simple (from a polygon complexity standpoint), and there really are no fancy effects. Chivalry has a ton of fancy effects and nice looking shadows.

Its a shame that your computer can’t run chiv, but its not a surprise. The GTS 450 is getting quite old now, i’d recommend upgrading to something quite a tad faster. Your dxdiag mentions that you have a 1280x1024 monitor, so you don’t need anything massively powerful to churn out nice graphics. On a related note, the AMD phenom is getting quite old now, i would also consider upgrading that

Also, on an unrelated note, your dxdiag shows that you have 5 gigs of memory installed but only a 32 bit operating system! The license between 32 bit and 64 bit is transferable, so download a copy of 64 bit windows 7 and enjoy your extra 2 gigs of ram!

Okay, to start off I honestly had no idea my 450 was bottlenecking me that bad, let alone not even letting me run this game very well which sounds pretty weird to me. I was assuming that my CPU was my bottleneck but I haven’t really been able to get the money to get a new one. I have two monitors, main one is 1920x1080 and my other one is the one you mentioned.

I still don’t get how even though I turn ALL of the settings down, I still get maybe 40 fps if I’m lucky. I can understand if I had the highest settings and had that fps; but that was on the lowest!! As I said, I even did ‘scale loweend’ and barely got any noticeable fps changes. Doesn’t that strike you as weird?

As for my RAM, I know I’m on a 32 bit but I don’t really want to risk losing all of my data on my hard drive to switch to 64 bit because I don’t have a backup.

• This game is just not optimized and full of bugs. Sometimes I get 60 fps and sometimes 18 (lol) with lowest settings and I can run Crysis and most other games of the last years in full quality on at least 30-40 fps. Personally I just hope that the next patch fixes this…

• @afiNity:

This game is just not optimized and full of bugs. Sometimes I get 60 fps and sometimes 18 (lol) with lowest settings and I can run Crysis and most other games of the last years in full quality on at least 30-40 fps. Personally I just hope that the next patch fixes this…

That’s what I’m saying. I know I SHOULD be able to run this game a lot better than it’s advertising; and honestly this just seems like what you said, not being optimized.

• Bump

• Come on! Nobody?

• @Drag:

What do you want to hear? Your graphics card is too slow.

Just look at some benchmarks:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/ge … up,24.html
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/ge … up,19.html
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/ge … up,21.html

I dunno man, I’ve gotten hella better fps than these benchmarks ever will. They seem really biased. So you’re just going to ignore all the other posts of people getting weird fps lag for no reason even though they have even better comps than mine? That doesn’t sound right.

• bunp

• http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video … S+450&id=1

Your card is higher than the minimum by a fair amount I will give you that. BUT I have a HD Radeon 7970, that averages 60 fps(on all max settings). If my card can only do 60 fps, then you are lucky to get 30-40. Because your gpu and cpu are beginning to age badly. I don’t mean to be rude or anything, but plenty of people have told you the correct answer and you just need to accept your card won’t do any better for now.

• @Chuckdatass:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GTS+450&id=1

Your card is higher than the minimum by a fair amount I will give you that. BUT I have a HD Radeon 7970, that averages 60 fps(on all max settings). If my card can only do 60 fps, then you are lucky to get 30-40. Because your gpu and cpu are beginning to age badly. I don’t mean to be rude or anything, but plenty of people have told you the correct answer and you just need to accept your card won’t do any better for now.

No. I won’t accept it; there are many people with fps issues and I was playing this on the LOWEST settings with NONE of the stuff on that was listed. And I still had 40 fps. Same fps with the lowest resolution; that doesn’t make any sense and it’s deff not my fault. Just because you have 60 fps doesn’t mean it’s not broken and needs to be fixed.

• @Zachk:

bunp

What do you expect??? That gpu is low end, hell I guess even my 5850 woulndt do a good job either( I dont have the game so cant know).

• @Royraiden:

@Zachk:

bunp

What do you expect??? That gpu is low end, hell I guess even my 5850 woulndt do a good job either( I dont have the game so cant know).

Why are you here again?

• Lol whatever, devs don’t want to fix a broken game it’s whatever. People gunna’ keep making bullshit excuses when I have everything on LOWEST and still have this kinda fps is inexcusable by me having a ‘outdated’ card when I can run any other game x4’s better than this.

• @Zachk:

Lol whatever, devs don’t want to fix a broken game it’s whatever. People gunna’ keep making bullshit excuses when I have everything on LOWEST and still have this kinda fps is inexcusable by me having a ‘outdated’ card when I can run any other game x4’s better than this.

I have SLI GTX 560s, and I had framerate drops of up to 15 fps. The game only came out recently, let the devs work on optimisation, instead of begging the community for answers. Keep in mind they’re only indie developers, and don’t have vast teams of programmers to spend hours churning out bug fixes.

• @Lann094:

@Zachk:

Lol whatever, devs don’t want to fix a broken game it’s whatever. People gunna’ keep making bullshit excuses when I have everything on LOWEST and still have this kinda fps is inexcusable by me having a ‘outdated’ card when I can run any other game x4’s better than this.

I have SLI GTX 560s, and I had framerate drops of up to 15 fps. The game only came out recently, let the devs work on optimisation, instead of begging the community for answers. Keep in mind they’re only indie developers, and don’t have vast teams of programmers to spend hours churning out bug fixes.

I’m not begging the community for answers, I’m letting them know that it’s a problem. I never asked for a magic wand to come down and sprinkle fairy dust to suddenly optimize the game; I’m just asking for an answer from the dev’s that they at least know it’s a problem. I’d rather not wait another 4 patches because the team didn’t even realize it was that bad of an issue.

• Bump

• it is known further optimization would help performance. You have gotten plenty of reasons why yours is what it is. I am locking this thread now.