Serious and important question for the developers

• With the game rapidly becoming a contest of who can perform glitches or exploit imbalance better than one another this game is looking increasingly more like Gunz: The duel instead of the medieval combat game I was hoping for.

What I want to know is: Do you plan on fixing combat glitches and balancing weapons and basing the game off intended mechanics or would you rather have the way people are playing shape the “meta”?

• Combo feinting is being addressed and I’m going to make sure Tibbs is aware of the issue with parrying after a bounced attack as well. Aside from that, I’m not aware of any glitches in the combat system. Care to enlighten me over PM?

• done and done, still L4Answer

• I think he means the obvious stuff like dragging your camera to extend/quicken the hitbox of your attacks (I don’t think it’s a feature, I think it’s a glitch), jumping right before your overhead lands to extend its hitbox/make it harder to parry, hitting enemies behind shields with weapons that have broken hitboxes like the flanged mace, war hammer, ect., stuff like that.

I’m very confident that the patch next week will address a lot of the bugs/glitches this game has, but I too worry about the exact same thing you are: whoever abuses the game more wins, rather than skill. But I think top competitive play comes down who feints the best and I still believe feinting just isn’t the answer for skill in this game. It’s more frustrating than anything else.

• @SOC:

I think he means the obvious stuff like dragging your camera to extend/quicken the hitbox of your attacks (I don’t think it’s a feature, I think it’s a glitch), jumping right before your overhead lands to extend its hitbox/make it harder to parry, hitting enemies behind shields with weapons that have broken hitboxes like the flanged mace, war hammer, ect., stuff like that.

I’m very confident that the patch next week will address a lot of the bugs/glitches this game has, but I too worry about the exact same thing you are: whoever abuses the game more wins, rather than skill. But I think top competitive play comes down who feints the best and I still believe feinting just isn’t the answer for skill in this game. It’s more frustrating than anything else.

“realtime” swinging, is a feature, which as is jumping to change the point of attack with a weapon, its even lsited as a stratagy on the loading screens.

• @SOC:

hitting enemies behind shields with weapons that have broken hitboxes like the flanged mace, war hammer, ect., stuff like that.

I find that most people complain about me hitting them “through their shield” when I am purposefully side stepping them as they bring the shield up and hit their exposed side. If they were to track me and direct their block at my weapon they would still be able to deflect my attack. The same applies for the mace.

• AXE feels that real time swing is in a good place right now, though feinting needs some work with 2-handers due to the speed of the swing letting them often mash out a second feint in time to catch your swing anyway.

Shields are certainly fine ( If you are the sort to hide behind WOOD ) and if anything will sooner see tuning down over any buffs to their defensiveness. ( AXE thinks shields should have durability system, and can only take so much non-arrow chopping and hacking before they split like firewood. )

• @SOC:

I think he means the obvious stuff like dragging your camera to extend/quicken the hitbox of your attacks (I don’t think it’s a feature, I think it’s a glitch), jumping right before your overhead lands to extend its hitbox/make it harder to parry, hitting enemies behind shields with weapons that have broken hitboxes like the flanged mace, war hammer, ect., stuff like that.

Yeah, lets get rid of everything that makes the game dynamic and interesting. Why dont you go play rock paper scissors or something?

• @Smellyhobo101:

Yeah, lets get rid of everything that makes the game dynamic and interesting. Why dont you go play rock paper scissors or something?

That isn’t what makes the game interesting. It makes the game boring and replaces skill. I think most people want this game to be about who’s the better medieval fighter; not who can hop better.

• @SOC:

That isn’t what makes the game interesting. It makes the game boring and replaces skill. I think most people want this game to be about who’s the better medieval fighter; not who can hop better.

That makes 0 sense. How do block bypassing techniques “replace skill”? I’m guessing you’re one of the people who expect to be invincible just because you press right click. If someone attacks effectively they you should have to block equally effectively. Just because you’re bad at countering something doesnt mean it “takes no skill”.

• I dont think combo fienting is a problem at all.

if i start to combo and realize it was a bad idea, i should be able to cancel it.

nuff said.

sometimes i get so into swinging a combo starts sometimes unintentionally and i gotta cancel.

no good taking that out of game.

if someones gonna fient, let em. It’s realistic, and its balanced because, tada, anyone can do it. there you go.

• There is a rather powerful combat advantage to combo feinting which I’m being intentionally vague about, fwbo777, because I don’t want more people utilizing it before it’s fixed. The ability to feint out of a combo will likely remain but the associated advantage of doing so will not.

• @Smellyhobo101:

That makes 0 sense. How do block bypassing techniques “replace skill”? I’m guessing you’re one of the people who expect to be invincible just because you press right click. If someone attacks effectively they you should have to block equally effectively. Just because you’re bad at countering something doesnt mean it “takes no skill”.

It replaces skill because blocking should be about timing and accuracy, not getting bypassed by abuse. You shouldn’t (and you’re not) invincible by just pressing right click. Attacking effectively should not come down to abusing glitches. I’m not bad at countering those playstyles, because I win consistently against any opponent in the entire server. I’m rank 44 and have 200+ hours in the game. I just think it’s more frustrating and boring and not skill based. It takes no skill to overhead and jump at the last second. It takes skill to have proper footwork against a good opponent. Just because you’re bad at fighting fairly doesn’t mean you should be able to abuse glitches to make up for your lack of true skill.

• @SOC:

It replaces skill because blocking should be about timing and accuracy, not getting bypassed by abuse. You shouldn’t (and you’re not) invincible by just pressing right click. Attacking effectively should not come down to abusing glitches. I’m not bad at countering those playstyles, because I win consistently against any opponent in the entire server. I’m rank 44 and have 200+ hours in the game. I just think it’s more frustrating and boring and not skill based. It takes no skill to overhead and jump at the last second. It takes skill to have proper footwork against a good opponent. Just because you’re bad at fighting fairly doesn’t mean you should be able to abuse glitches to make up for your lack of true skill.

All the things you listed are deliberate design choices and not glitches. Real time swigning was advertised even in the kickstarter video by the devs, so thats not a bug. Jump + overhand is clearly not a bug. Unless the devs had some massive oversight and didnt realize that you could jump and attack at any point in development. Its also very easy to counter, just look up, and block. Its simply a method for killing people who like to turtle with the shield. Also if we want to compare e-peens I’m level 46, i have 220 hours in the game and I very rarely lose an FFA match.

• SOC is obviously not good because any decent duelist would never complain about jumping overheads.

• Jumping needs to use up A LOT more stamina.

I have NEVER seen any texts, or battlefield accounts of people jumping at all.

Yes it is a “design” but I also feel it is far too exploitable. The jump should use a lot of stamina, as it is a high risk, his reward maneuver. Go ahead. Put on 40lbs of armor, and carry a chunk of wood and metal. Now jump and see how high you can go and for how long.

Yea…see what I mean?

@Smellyhobo101:

Also if we want to compare e-peens I’m level 46, i have 220 hours in the game and I very rarely lose an FFA match.

Well, some of us have a life. You know, jobs and responsibilities.

• @Smellyhobo101:

All the things you listed are deliberate design choices and not glitches. Real time swigning was advertised even in the kickstarter video by the devs, so thats not a bug. Jump + overhand is clearly not a bug. Unless the devs had some massive oversight and didnt realize that you could jump and attack at any point in development. Its also very easy to counter, just look up, and block. Its simply a method for killing people who like to turtle with the shield. Also if we want to compare e-peens I’m level 46, i have 220 hours in the game and I very rarely lose an FFA match.

Real time swinging refers to being able to aim your swing slightly after pressing the attack, to make up for the fact weapons swing much slower here than in most other games. The same tips say “attack earlier than you think” so it’s more about helping you compensate for accuracy, not delaying the hitbox. Delaying the hitbox is a glitch, it’s not a feature, and there’s no tool tip or video that says it is a feature. Jump overhead is a bug because it lets you hit places you wouldn’t be able to otherwise. It’s not hard to beat obviously, but it’s an added tool to the disposal of good players that doesn’t have any real punishment to use. It can only help, and there’s no reason not to do it. It’s lame and boring. Also, LOLOLOLOLOL FFA. Play a real game mode, like TO. FFA is a joke, it’s so random and lacks a lot of competition and skill. Anyone can do well in FFA.

@Jen<3:

SOC is obviously not good because any decent duelist would never complain about jumping overheads.

Any decent duelist also knows it’s easy to deal with and block, but it’s boring and anti-fun. I never said it was OP or hard to block. I said it was stupid. lrn2read Also, I beat you consistently in TO games soooooo yeah.

• I’m completely against Jump-Attacking too, it’s silly. This was supposed to be an evolution of Age of Chivalry, knowing the exploity type mechanics shouldn’t give you edges over someone who plays by the rules by which the game was meant to be played. You shouldn’t be able to start attacks mid-air, and you shouldn’t be able to jump during windup or recovery (you can’t during release right now). Blocking this silly jumping would also block another exploit that allows you to bypass the leap forward on attacks by jumping before the release occurs.

• @Martin:

I’m completely against Jump-Attacking too, it’s silly. This was supposed to be an evolution of Age of Chivalry, knowing the exploity type mechanics shouldn’t give you edges over someone who plays by the rules by which the game was meant to be played. You shouldn’t be able to start attacks mid-air, and you shouldn’t be able to jump during windup or recovery (you can’t during release right now). Blocking this silly jumping would also block another exploit that allows you to bypass the leap forward on attacks by jumping before the release occurs.

I don’t know whats going on with you lately blaine, but I think that the jump attacks are basically just like any other attacks, other than that you gain slightly more range to your opponent by jumping slightly in the air and attack, it also costs stamina. But these exclusive jump attacks can easily be blocked. I think they are great in the game, cause it opens tons of fighting style opportunity…Let’s not make this game entirely noob friendly now…

• How is fixing exploits making it more noob friendly?