All of a sudden my gfx card is overheating

• I use the term ‘gfx card’ loosely, very loosely. I have a gtx295, and they’re very well known for overheating if you run anything beyond paint (or probably, even paint!)

But the past few days i’ve played chiv with no issues what so ever. Today, every time i play within 5 minutes, my gfx card drivers crash, and then my computer crashes because its over heating… Today only…

Even when im not playing the game, and only in the menus it causes my computer to crash, and ive not seen that since DoW2’s horrific menus…

• Do you get the pink screen of doom? I had that happen to my GTX 280.

• only in the menus it causes my computer to crash

Try enabling vsync, or forcing vsync

• @20k:

only in the menus it causes my computer to crash

Try enabling vsync, or forcing vsync

derp. i should have not said that. even in the game it causes it to overheat and die.

• actually, you’re totally right. In DoW2, i had to change vsync and after that it worked perfectly… Though whether it was on or off, i dont know :P

• @Dragonzord:

actually, you’re totally right. In DoW2, i had to change vsync and after that it worked perfectly… Though whether it was on or off, i dont know :P

It’s a problem that Starcraft 2 had at launch too. The game menu wasn’t capped for fps (vsync) so the card was running it as fast as possible which caused a lot of NVIDIA 400 series cards to overheat.