Idea for better team communication

• Well the idea is to show to other players of your team what to do. Pressing a certain Key while pointing to an enemy will mean to kill him, Pointing to an ally will mean defence him and pointing at a certain point on the ground will mean go there .Other Players will have the choice to do the command or not.

How they will understand if you indicate them sth ?
    When you press the key an arrow of a colour will be placed Upon the player , or if it is on the ground , an arrow with a Circle on the ground. Each player will make different colours of indicators.

How you will choose the colour of the indicator ?
    You will not. The colour of the indicator will be Parallel to your position on the leaderboard of your team.
    -You are the first from your team : Gold arrow
    -You are the second : Silver arrow
    -You are the third :Copper arrow

• You are the Fourth : Blue arrow
    • You are the fifth : Red arrow
    • You are the sixth : Green arrow
      -Under sixth : Purple arrow

How to know whose Command is it?
    When someone commands something , then in the chat it will say :
    [Player] Commanded [Kill or Defense or Go to] [If Kill or defence say the name of the player]

What if everyone commands anything ?
    Well that is the only problem and that is why You will be able to know who commanded it and if he is a good player (by the colour of the indicator). The you will be able to choose carefully whose command you want to do.

What if the chat box becomes full of commands?
    Then there should be added Chat tabs in the game. The one will be for everything. The second will have only chatting. The third will be Have only the commands and will also have the anouncements the game makes ( ex. The game has one more minute left)

So how do you see my idea?
    Leave some Feedback :D

• Wow, whatever you smoke, stop it.
    Are you serious?
    It would not work
    It is chaotic
    It is useless/pointless

And, it would just transform Chivalry into Ghost Recon Modern Future Soldier War Duty Fighter with glowing colorful symbols everywhere, totally ruining the immersion of being…there…

And as if ANYONE would care if “someone” tells him what to do? I would probably take someones head off when he tries to tell me what to do, just because he is on top of the list? That doesnt make him a leader at all.

If you want teamplay and coordination, join a clan!
    No need to ruin the games appearance with this…idea.

Gota go, I think I have a stroke because of imagining the game with your idea included… :?

• @William:

It is chaotic

Maybe the arrows wil only dure for some time or they will not appear at all and the commands will be shown just in a the chat room.
    @William:

It is useless/pointless

Use: Players will be able to move as team and plan attacks at certain points.
    @William:

because he is on top of the list? That doesnt make him a leader at all.

Still it is a parameter to add .Someone may want to follow his command.If someone is in the top , more posibly he is also more experienced that other player .
    I have thought that someone on the top is not always a good leader so thats why I added the idea of showing the commands in the chat (maybe in a second tab) , then you will be able to see who makes a command and if he is to be trusted.

• well hes right im afraid to much glowing shit on a medieval battlefield, this is not world of warcraft XD.

But ur right, some options are needed to regroup that bunch of noobs to increase teamplay and minder frustration ALOT. i mean ppl are still unsure how to destroy the trebuchets and attack them or try to torch them. i mean they can probably read since they can turn on a pc and buy shit.(chivalry s cool !)

i dont think reading messages will do the trick since its no text adventure. But maybe permban them if u tried to tell them for the billionth time that they have to STAY on those platforms NO MATTER how many idiots are charging on the other platform just try to stay there. You will die anyways but with one treb less to destroy.XD XD XD

• @Josephkhland:

Well the idea is to show to other players of your team what to do. Pressing a certain Key while pointing to an enemy will mean to kill him, Pointing to an ally will mean defence him and pointing at a certain point on the ground will mean go there .Other Players will have the choice to do the command or not.

How they will understand if you indicate them sth ?
    When you press the key an arrow of a colour will be placed Upon the player , or if it is on the ground , an arrow with a Circle on the ground. Each player will make different colours of indicators.

How you will choose the colour of the indicator ?
    You will not. The colour of the indicator will be Parallel to your position on the leaderboard of your team.
    -You are the first from your team : Gold arrow
    -You are the second : Silver arrow
    -You are the third :Copper arrow

• You are the Fourth : Blue arrow
    • You are the fifth : Red arrow
    • You are the sixth : Green arrow
      -Under sixth : Purple arrow

How to know whose Command is it?
    When someone commands something , then in the chat it will say :
    [Player] Commanded [Kill or Defense or Go to] [If Kill or defence say the name of the player]

What if everyone commands anything ?
    Well that is the only problem and that is why You will be able to know who commanded it and if he is a good player (by the colour of the indicator). The you will be able to choose carefully whose command you want to do.

What if the chat box becomes full of commands?
    Then there should be added Chat tabs in the game. The one will be for everything. The second will have only chatting. The third will be Have only the commands and will also have the anouncements the game makes ( ex. The game has one more minute left)

So how do you see my idea?
    Leave some Feedback :D

Blue leader def charlie-foxtrot-bravo, red team advance on zulu-six-six-zero-sierra, attention everyone gold 2 standing by at the main gate….
    Btw. I was second but i fell to third, idk who is talking to me or if he is talking to me.

• World of tank have a good and simple communication system.

• Portal 2 had a pretty interesting approach at team communication if you ever played it. I really like what you guys have thought about and I support it!

• @Izlude:

Portal 2 had a pretty interesting approach at team communication if you ever played it. I really like what you guys have thought about and I support it!

. Actually I thought this Idea from Portal 2. But anyway.

• Imo this is totally unnecessary. The game is supposed to show off the brutality of a medieval battlefield.
    There may be objectives but it’s not overly tactified. Goals are simple: kill person X, push ram to door, burn down the fields.
    Everybody knows what to do.

You can just join, skype up with a friend and do the objectives while others battle it out the way they want it.

Frankly, for detailed tactics or squad mechanics the game is too small, and it wouldn’t fit as others stated.

And actually no one cares about orders on a public server. It’s sad but true. Even in a quite tactical shooter like Red Orchestra 2 I hardly found anyone who listened to orders by squad leaders or team leaders.

Instead Chivalry has something much better: audio commands.
    They are quite easy to understand “help me!” “follow me!” “incoming!” “they got our rears!”, plus they build up atmosphere.

What saddens me is that hardly anybody uses them. Mostly I’m the only one in me team yelling anything different than “AAAHHHH!!!”

• @William:

Wow, whatever you smoke, stop it.
    Are you serious?
    It would not work
    It is chaotic
    It is useless/pointless

And, it would just transform Chivalry into Ghost Recon Modern Future Soldier War Duty Fighter with glowing colorful symbols everywhere, totally ruining the immersion of being…there…

And as if ANYONE would care if “someone” tells him what to do? I would probably take someones head off when he tries to tell me what to do, just because he is on top of the list? That doesnt make him a leader at all.

If you want teamplay and coordination, join a clan!
    No need to ruin the games appearance with this…idea.

Gota go, I think I have a stroke because of imagining the game with your idea included… :?

There.