LTS Anti-Tk System

• This is pretty much an idea, which I am copying from JKA’s MB2 mod and it worked there extremely well. That game being LTS only and also a complex melee game with classes that fire slow projectiles.

Anti Tk-System

*Accumulating 100% team damage = 1 tk point.
    *Team Damage % accumulates between rounds, so you can’t work around the system by doing 99%.
    *1 tk points = You do reflective damage.
    *You lose 1 tk point after every round that you do not accumulate another tk point.

Further Explanation
    There, now people would be encouraged to not tk because they rather not kill themselves and they can still correct their error in short time by not team killing.
    This also disables people from trying to mass team kill and if there’s any issues then the votekick system is still in place.

Some people would try to run into teammates swings purposely but for good player’s, that would not be an issue since they have more control over their own swings.
    On the other hand you don’t have much control over that guy slashing into your back while you aren’t looking.

This would have to be tweaked for modes other than LTS and all settings should be variable server options.

• I really like this idea. The only thing that I can see happening is that people will wait until their teammate is almost dead (all bloodied and stuff) and then kill them. Since they have to do %100 team damage, they can possibly get 2-3 kills before they get a tk point.

• @xUncleOwenx:

I really like this idea. The only thing that I can see happening is that people will wait until their teammate is almost dead (all bloodied and stuff) and then kill them. Since they have to do %100 team damage, they can possibly get 2-3 kills before they get a tk point.

In this case, it prevents that person from just team killing off the bat. Their tk’ing has been stopped quite a bit at that point. Also the % will still accumulate so they get their small piece of fun for 1 round but it won’t last long at all.

This is also assuming they are even successful at stalking someone and getting the last hit. They are being forced to work to get a team kill and that would probably make them very obviously seen n get votekicked.

Overall, they will barely be able to tk and it probably won’t be much fun for them with having to wait in between rounds, time when to hit a person that has a spec of hp left, possibly be seen stalking and doing team hits so then they get votekicked.

I don’t want to suggest any auto kick system for tking because other issues can arise from that. This is simply a feature that would make players happier since they won’t be upset with getting tk’d so much and there would be a reason not to tk.

Right now, there is really no reason not to tk. There’s actually much incentive to tk.

1. You can swing through teammates in hopes for a enemy kill.
    2. You get unlocks.
    3. You don’t have to worry about them tk’ing you because you tk’ed them first.
    4. -10 score = you go lower on the scoreboard and are less likely to get auto-balanced.

• Ya, this system would greatly reduce the amount of tk’ing going on, and I don’t actually expect very many people to stalk a tk, because that would take someone actually trying to do that, when the reason why many people tk is because it is easy and the reasons you pointed out as well.

• Myself, I often see people switch teams to try to team kill me. They usually fail but its funny how gotten to some players can get. Luckily they usually get vote kicked right after but a system like this would help prevent all intentional tk’ing more.

• Ye I already suggested to copy the MBII TK-system to Chivalry and I still think it would be the best option.