I feel like crying everytime i play

• This game is SO unbalanced it makes me shed tears.There is absolutely NO reason to pick anything else other than knight.Pick knight,spam click and win,that’s it.There’s no strategy and barely any timing involved in this game.Why would i bother to time my attacks on a knight with any other class if he’s not going to get interrupted anyway?He’s going to take 4 hits wile 1 shoting with the maul everybody else.

Its so fucking painful to see the knight(and other classes as well) swingging continously after they fucking eat swords to the face.

Trolls don’t bother replying with l2p issues,i top the charts in every game i play but that doesn’t mean it is balanced.

• Learn to play. Learn to block. Learn to parry. Learn to time. Learn to feint. Learn to bait.

Knights are #3 in terms of best classes, archers and man at arms are far superior. The maul is lolterrible against anyone with half a brain. It’s a noobstomp weapon, only works on noobs. If you’re getting beat by slash spamming people, learn to block and dodge and bait. If they’re spam slashing, obviously they aren’t blocking. Punish them for it.

Just because you finish top going 22-21 doesn’t mean you’re good. I finish top going 55-5. Learn to play.

• The maul is devastating in pubs, especially when you just run into a fight and smash it around. But any decent opponent will rip you to shreds if you try to kill them by spamming.

The maul got a long windup time, if you get hit during the windup you’ll flinch so you might not even get to attempt a swing if your opponent is another knight or a MaA with a Norse sword or something similarly quick.

I don’t really see it as unbalanced. Anyone can pick up a halberd and get high on the scoreboards by doing the same as you describe.

• An arrow or two to his face fixes it. You know, just saying…

A MAA with norse sword will also make short work of said knight. People will be stupid and walk into the super slow maul…

• yet, this is one of the most effictive ways to play. You will get just too many kills that way considering it took you NO effort to do this.

• @SOC:

Knights are #3 in terms of best classes, archers and man at arms are far superior.

Tell me, how are archer’s superior to anyone? In no way do I agree with the OP here, and I can agree MaA can be very superior, I would definitely say that Vanguards are up there, so idk how you think they are on the bottom, but how are archers so superior, I mean with a bow for starters?

Unlike every other class, I’ve never seen an archer top the charts, all I’ve seen is people get overly annoyed at them for barely a handful of kills. If it’s meant to be superior because you can sit back and just try take pot shots, not everyone uses an archer like that, and even those that do won’t have it easy.

To me, archery is the hardest, and that’s fine and where it should be, just don’t understand anyone who reckons they’re superior…
    And everyone’s advice for the OP is spot on.

• AXE plays knight first and foremost for his precious double-axe. AXE cleaves heads and leaves simpering dress wearing men screaming for their mothers as he slaughters all who come near him.

It is the MAN that makes his weapon. Practice, and find your strengths. if a class defeats you, play that class and see what your class does to defeat you in the hands of other players.

This will give you insight and make you a proper warrior. Perhaps one day with enough hard work you will be worthy to stand before AXE in combat. It will be a good way for you to die.

• @SOC:

Learn to play. Learn to block. Learn to parry. Learn to time. Learn to feint. Learn to bait.

Knights are #3 in terms of best classes, archers and man at arms are far superior. The maul is lolterrible against anyone with half a brain. It’s a noobstomp weapon, only works on noobs. If you’re getting beat by slash spamming people, learn to block and dodge and bait. If they’re spam slashing, obviously they aren’t blocking. Punish them for it.

Just because you finish top going 22-21 doesn’t mean you’re good. I finish top going 55-5. Learn to play.

Learn2read

• @Mogul:

AXE plays knight first and foremost for his precious double-axe. AXE cleaves heads and leaves simpering dress wearing men screaming for their mothers as he slaughters all who come near him.

It is the MAN that makes his weapon. Practice, and find your strengths. if a class defeats you, play that class and see what your class does to defeat you in the hands of other players.

This will give you insight and make you a proper warrior. Perhaps one day with enough hard work you will be worthy to stand before AXE in combat. It will be a good way for you to die.

Been reading some of your posts, I like that RP-ish style of yours. :)

• @Recurver:

@SOC:

Knights are #3 in terms of best classes, archers and man at arms are far superior.

Tell me, how are archer’s superior to anyone? In no way do I agree with the OP here, and I can agree MaA can be very superior, I would definitely say that Vanguards are up there, so idk how you think they are on the bottom, but how are archers so superior, I mean with a bow for starters?

Unlike every other class, I’ve never seen an archer top the charts, all I’ve seen is people get overly annoyed at them for barely a handful of kills. If it’s meant to be superior because you can sit back and just try take pot shots, not everyone uses an archer like that, and even those that do won’t have it easy.

To me, archery is the hardest, and that’s fine and where it should be, just don’t understand anyone who reckons they’re superior…
    And everyone’s advice for the OP is spot on.

I’ve learned that he’s just trolling. Maa and archers are the only two that beat him occasionally so he acts like there’s a whole community demanding their overall nerfs, “as a revenge for all the imbalanced games he’s played”.

Anyhow, if you find the game frustrating just PM me your IGN. I mostly play a coop-strikeforce style with my bro in TO. Feel free to join us, we won’t slash you.

@Shara:

Been reading some of your posts, I like that RP-ish style of yours. :)

+1

• @Escadin:

I’ve learned that he’s just trolling. Maa and archers are the only two that beat him occasionally so he acts like there’s a whole community demanding their overall nerfs, “as a revenge for all the imbalanced games he’s played”.

Anyhow, if you find the game frustrating just PM me your IGN. I mostly play a coop-strikeforce style with my bro in TO. Feel free to join us, we won’t slash you.

This guy is mad because I called him out for being bad at archer. Good archers use warbow and easily wreck face with it. Anytime someone gets near you, survive with your infinite parries until your team mates clean them up, or just beat them yourself if they’re bad enough. Not like stamina does anything. I played a game or two with this guy and he went negative KD in both games. He couldn’t even defend Dark Forest objective, and believes heavy crossbow is better than the warbow. Me? I went something like 45-10 in both games using only the knight longsword. Not as good as I usually do, but I’m trying to get better with it. To be fair, he had 150 ping but honestly, unless I’m playing with 500+ ping on a crazy faraway server, I can’t tell the difference between 30 ping and 400 ping. I still get amazing KDs with 400 ping.

Anyway, archers with warbow is by far the best class in the game. You’re always at a massive advantage and shields do nothing against good archers. Stay near team mates and never die. You’ll get more than enough kills once you get good with it. Not even the Norse sword can compete with the warbow and/or a good archer.

• AXE feels that heavy crossbow won’t have a utility place until it is able to cleave a knight in the head with a single shot. ( AXE appreciates clarification in previous post that Arrows can in fact cleave… he will assume this can apply to bolts as well. )

Warbow’s hands down superior performance in nearly all aspects is something that will no doubt be addressed separately.

• There’s not a game I have played where I haven’t been frustrated at any point, nor I’m sure is there a game that I’ve played that I didn’t make someone else frustrated. That’s the game, as much as everyone likes to have a crap game and run straight to the forums complaining about some class or function that has a major advantage over classes, there isn’t one. The only difference is as before stated, the archer, has the ability to do damage from afar and stay safe if played right.

There is no overpowered class, just good and bad players. Slash spammers are the easiest to kill, because they are clearly the worst players… Identifying this and throwing up a couple of blocks and a kick followed by a combo will send him back to spawn.

• @SOC:

This guy is mad because I called him out for being bad at archer. Good archers use warbow and easily wreck face with it. Anytime someone gets near you, survive with your infinite parries until your team mates clean them up, or just beat them yourself if they’re bad enough.

And if they’re good, not bad? And if you have no team mates near / don’t want to always rely on them to defend you? Is it still the most awesome class in that situation? And all the times when the melee classes are racking up kills in the close combat slashings while an archer is trying to get that one nice long shot, which a lot of the time will just give that melee player an easier final kill.
    I’m not complaining, it’s fine, but it’s in no way easy and the best class.

@SOC:

To be fair, he had 150 ping but honestly, unless I’m playing with 500+ ping on a crazy faraway server, I can’t tell the difference between 30 ping and 400 ping. I still get amazing KDs with 400 ping.

You should know that one person having high ping will affect both players, it’s additive. Sometimes the higher ping is a disadvantage, sometimes an advantage. 400 ping will be an advantage in a lot of cases, while being stupid, and no one should play with such a ping.

@SOC:

Anyway, archers with warbow is by far the best class in the game. You’re always at a massive advantage and shields do nothing against good archers. Stay near team mates and never die. You’ll get more than enough kills once you get good with it. Not even the Norse sword can compete with the warbow and/or a good archer.

I don’t want to argue too much or anything, just don’t think archer is “by far the best class in the game.” That’s just ridiculous, it’s plainly not. It’s also clear that as you say you’re relying on team mates a hell of a lot to keep you alive and defend you, so that’s a big compromise for the archer imo.
    Try all game types as well. Try FFA as just an archer and feeling like your owning the rounds.

I don’t think it’s anywhere near the best, more closer to the worst in terms of all round ability and versatility, and that’s FINE, cause archery isn’t meant to be easy or the best class.

Sorry for going off topic, I hope the OP is continuing to play and finding the game can be deeper than his posts reflect.

• @SOC:

@Escadin:

This guy is mad because I called him out for being bad at archer. Good archers use warbow and easily wreck face with it. Anytime someone gets near you, survive with your infinite parries until your team mates clean them up, or just beat them yourself if they’re bad enough. Not like stamina does anything. I played a game or two with this guy and he went negative KD in both games. He couldn’t even defend Dark Forest objective, and believes heavy crossbow is better than the warbow. Me? I went something like 45-10 in both games using only the knight longsword. Not as good as I usually do, but I’m trying to get better with it. To be fair, he had 150 ping but honestly, unless I’m playing with 500+ ping on a crazy faraway server, I can’t tell the difference between 30 ping and 400 ping. I still get amazing KDs with 400 ping.

I won’t go for this fight or how much of this is wrong.
    Tbh, the heavy xbow has some advantages over warbow- in certain, not rare, situations. There’re just too few good archers to reveal this. I’ll explain this in my upcoming thread.

• @SOC:

Learn to play. Learn to block. Learn to parry. Learn to time. Learn to feint. Learn to bait.

I can beat you with the maul, so I guess If I do so, you’ll fit in your own description as half a brain ;)

• @Recurver:

And if they’re good, not bad? And if you have no team mates near / don’t want to always rely on them to defend you? Is it still the most awesome class in that situation? And all the times when the melee classes are racking up kills in the close combat slashings while an archer is trying to get that one nice long shot, which a lot of the time will just give that melee player an easier final kill.
    I’m not complaining, it’s fine, but it’s in no way easy and the best class.

Archers work even better in 1vs1 situations, at least in TO. I wouldn’t say go do it in a dueling server, but I think most people can agree this game is built, balanced and revolves around TO. But in TO, archers shine in large and small battles. As fast and strong as the warbow is, you should have no problem kill stealing all your team mates with it especially considering its exceptional range. If nothing else, you can kill anyone in 2 shots which is way too easy to do with that weapon. If you get 1vs1’d and still somehow manage to miss your shots because you’re that bad, you’re not at any risk because archer can melee just fine and stamina means nothing. You can drag the fight out by infinitely parrying and moving back towards your team mates, or simply beat him your self if your enemy is that bad.

@Recurver:

You should know that one person having high ping will affect both players, it’s additive. Sometimes the higher ping is a disadvantage, sometimes an advantage. 400 ping will be an advantage in a lot of cases, while being stupid, and no one should play with such a ping.

If I was able to get such a good KD in the same games I played with him, then obviously enemy ping wasn’t an issue.

@Recurver:

I don’t want to argue too much or anything, just don’t think archer is “by far the best class in the game.” That’s just ridiculous, it’s plainly not. It’s also clear that as you say you’re relying on team mates a hell of a lot to keep you alive and defend you, so that’s a big compromise for the archer imo.
    Try all game types as well. Try FFA as just an archer and feeling like your owning the rounds.

I don’t think it’s anywhere near the best, more closer to the worst in terms of all round ability and versatility, and that’s FINE, cause archery isn’t meant to be easy or the best class.

Archers don’t have to rely on team mates because they can kill anyone before they reach them. And even if they do reach them, they can melee just fine. If you’re trying to discuss balance from an FFA standpoint, then your opinions about it don’t hold any merit because this game is clearly not built for FFA. FFA is a joke. Play archers in TO, or even LTS and see how well you do. They’re clearly the best class for those game modes, and Chivalry is clearly designed around TO.

@wildwulfy:

I can beat you with the maul, so I guess If I do so, you’ll fit in your own description as half a brain ;)

The only half decent high skill leveled maul user I’ve seen is Sir_Pink and even he gets raped by me consistently. You can’t beat me with the maul, and I really don’t think you could beat me with anything else, either.

• Blah blah, all you keep going on about is “when vsing a bad player” or stealing team kills instead of getting an amount on your own, or backing up, running away and relying on others to defend and keep you alive. All of these things are compromises in the fight, don’t cover half the game situations, and many the other classes don’t have to resort to. So none of it equates to the archer being the best class ever.

I don’t just play FFA, but if you were so into the game, you would see it has it’s place for fun too, and its own way of showing how well classes do in different situations. If an archer lasts till the end of an LTS, they would be lucky to be on the top of the chart at the same time, and damn lucky to not be simply having to run around from the last of the enemies, unless yes of course they can match them in melee and it’s another of your not good enough players.

So do you think the archer is the best, because he has the ability to get a long ranged kill, even if not nearly at the same rate or ease as a melee player. You just don’t make sense if that’s all the argument is. It’s a game where melee dominates, and the melee players usually dominate the scores.
    Archers aren’t the best and aren’t meant to be either. Yes you can have good TO rounds with them, helped by if you play in the boring way you must, but just being good with one doesn’t automatically mean they are “easy, superior, or the best”, just like any other class.

Thanks to you I’m coming off as if I hate the archery class, but I actually like it, despite wishing for a few small tweaks to be made to it (not to make it easier).

• @SOC:

The only half decent high skill leveled maul user I’ve seen is Sir_Pink and even he gets raped by me consistently. You can’t beat me with the maul, and I really don’t think you could beat me with anything else, either.

Don’t be dissing the maul now SOC. Just because you haven’t seen good players use it doesn’t make it suck. It’s my main weapon and I love facing good players with it. ;)

• I don’t think many archers think about the efficiency of their class.

I see too many of them sitting back, way back sometimes at spawn taking long range pot shots that more than often miss. It is pretty much a waste of time, not only are they doing very little, if they are on attack they are not providing pressure for the objective (well very little) and on defense they are killing enemies far too slowly to counter the attacking pressure.

The better archers get right up close, only meters away. Doing this is far superior as flight time is drastically reduced making hits far more likely on almost constantly moving targets, you can also pick you targets much better. Aiming for those enemies that are about to kill a team mate, or to even the odds for you 1v2 melee buddy. Not only do you get kills far more often, you also apply stronger pressure by both keeping your team mates alive and being more effective.

Also, if you feel you need lots of kills, it is much easier to kill the bloody enemies up close, stealing lots of kills (which again applies pressure). Of course, being up closer to the battle means you have to be handy with your 2nd weapon as you will have people come at you. Most people don’t expect an archer to fight back aggressively. Usually wins.