Attacks pass through shield

• Hey guys,

Today i played for about 3 hours straight trying to get the holy water sprinker with my knight.

I used a kite shield, a tower shield, played as masons and as agatha, for 3 hours straight on the same server, and i had the same problem consistantly.

My shield was NOT stopping incoming attacks.

I first noticed it when someone with a messer was charging at me attacking, i kept blocking but literally 1 in 5 shots were blocked. I was DAMN SURE they were going through the shield and even accused the dude of cheating but he told me “i didnt have shield angled at him properly”

But later on, i concluded the shield was bugged, and literally every shot was coming through my shield.

With a tower shield, i had people attack me through my shield and kill me while blocking atleast 10-20 times. I am POSITIVE this is not my skill. Walking while backing up and keeping shield aimed at an archer with a dagger, he could attack me through the shield.

This is not someone bitching saying “oh man i got killed when i pushed block WTF” what im saying is, there really is a technical issue with the shield where attacks pass through it.

Letting you know about this issue.

thanks.

• Not to be rude, but in my experience good players will pass through your shield because newer players don’t understand how to block properly

You have to block a lot more in the direction of the attack than you would expect. Like, seriously, a lot

I play comp against some very skilled players who excel at getting through shields, and all i can say is practice the crap out of blocking. Don’t assume the game is broken, because it (largely, though i agree that sometimes it is genuinely bugged) is generally fair

To give an example, with the sword of war, if you stab to the right of the enemy then mouse drag left, you can stab around a shield if your enemy doesn’t severely change his blocking angle to their left when they are attacking. Its all about experience

• The shields are bugged in my opinion… sometimes. But I don’t know when and why.

• @20k:

Not to be rude, but in my experience good players will pass through your shield because newer players don’t understand how to block properly

You have to block a lot more in the direction of the attack than you would expect. Like, seriously, a lot

I play comp against some very skilled players who excel at getting through shields, and all i can say is practice the crap out of blocking. Don’t assume the game is broken, because it (largely, though i agree that sometimes it is genuinely bugged) is generally fair

To give an example, with the sword of war, if you stab to the right of the enemy then mouse drag left, you can stab around a shield if your enemy doesn’t severely change his blocking angle to their left when they are attacking. Its all about experience

i realize directional blocking with shield is nessasary, but what im saying is, attacks are legitimately going through the shield. someone right infront of me attacking, and i use a tower shield aimed directly at their attack, and it goes throughthe shield (the weapon model actually passing through the shield) and killing me.

• its not just shields op, parrying is a little buggy, and like you ive been told thousands of times “you have to point the block in the direction of the attack” yes i understand and thats what i do but sometimes it literally does not work. In terms of parrying this some would say is a lag problem but in some cases it would be in my cases is not because recently ive been having awesome connection,near no lag dont know why :p, yet when i raise a shield or a weapon to a incoming weapon nothing happens and i collapse onto the floor and die.

although op your saying only 1/5 times you can block, if its that bad THEN it could be partially due to bad connection.