Fix Parry? Game Breaking Issue

• I the only one who thinks parrying (blocking) with a 1h/2h weapon and no shield is terrible in this game? The game has become nothing but block and counter attack in pretty much ever server i have seen, just stop and watch the difference in fights now compared to launch when people didnt spam it.

I want to play use weapons because they are fun and they can compete with the rest but right now it feels a little different then it did 2 weeks ago now the majority resorted to this tactic. All kinds of Spears/Halbergs have become almost 100% pointless to play due to the fact parrying is retarded.

I have a 1h or a 2h sword and i can parry pretty much anything then counter attack before the other person can do anything? Either that or they just charge in swinging blind because at worst case they can parry up.

Somone please tell me im not the only one who dosnt want to parry 100%

Blaze

• @BlazeXXL:

All kinds of Spears/Halbergs have become almost 100% pointless to play due to the fact parrying is retarded.

I disagree. Halberds are extremely powerful even when people try to parry. Oh and feinting (and to a lesser degree kicking/shieldbashing) is the answer to parrying.

• @ReMixx:

@BlazeXXL:

All kinds of Spears/Halbergs have become almost 100% pointless to play due to the fact parrying is retarded.

I disagree. Halberds are extremely powerful even when people try to parry. Oh and feinting (and to a lesser degree kicking/shieldbashing) is the answer to parrying.

so your saying sword cant just parry every overhead/stab with halberg without fail? im guessing the swing works decently but is far too slow all these gotta do is try to block then rush and swing and youll be non stop interupted and you cant really parry with those weapons

as for spear poke/stab are the only two viable damage which is pretty much blocked 99.99% of the time without fail

i go in servers with 20 people who all have swords and just parry/counter attack even the archers run around with 1hs half the time doing it well

• Next time you fight someone who’s parrying your attacks, start an attack, wait a brief moment, press Q, and attack again. 90% of the time you just won the fight against a pure parry-counter player.

• @SlyGoat:

90% of the time you just won the fight against a pure parry-counter player.

Or someone like me who likes to randomly troll players by parrying all their attacks and not attacking back. Oh and I usually stand in one spot too for the giggles. :D

• @SlyGoat:

Next time you fight someone who’s parrying your attacks, start an attack, wait a brief moment, press Q, and attack again. 90% of the time you just won the fight against a pure parry-counter player.

have tried this, i can try further in depth but most “decent” players do not parry until the last moment and with a Spear its pretty easy to see the pull back and anticipate the thrust

im not going to lie and say i can never kill one, but basicly have to work 200% and cant make one mistake virtually play perfect meanwhile they just block and charge and swing like mindless zombies

i always manage to somewhat make a mark but the whole movement and dodging swings isnt reliable since they can swing parry combo, and once a player gets onto your fein (q) its useless

• Have you tried jumping+overhead strike? But instead of initiating the attack right away, wait a second, most players will assume the attack has started as soon as you jump.

• I personally really enjoy a battle that is attacking and parrying back and forth many times. It’s very intense, and is rewarding for the victor when they finally time their attack better than their opponents, or judge distance better. There are other factors too, like maneuvering and aiming. I feel bad that the current parrying system is a game-breaker for you though.

• I also like a battle like that, it is really intense and very rewarding once you finally best your opponent. It is one of the reasons why I really enjoy this game, is because it actually takes some skill (most of the time) to kill someone in a 1v1 duel.

• well the easiest away to kill one of those parry kings is just to:

Miss on purpose this game has a fine weapon tracking means that u can turn in ur attack in the last moment and stab the sides/ the dropped parry.

footwork wins go around them dont just move foward backwards and even if u do use the overhead when ur enemy misses u its the slowest attack for a reason. risk ur head once or twice dont parry on purpose
    evade. (statement of a vanguard no shields no dodge no ranged weapons)

• @samuraigen52:

I personally really enjoy a battle that is attacking and parrying back and forth many times. It’s very intense, and is rewarding for the victor when they finally time their attack better than their opponents, or judge distance better. There are other factors too, like maneuvering and aiming. I feel bad that the current parrying system is a game-breaker for you though.

Yep, couldn’t agree more. A good vangaurd on vangaud sword battle like that is probably my favorite thing to do in this game.

• Hey op intresting point and i partially agree with you but how would you propose to fix this issue? You cant just remove blocking/parrying. All i can think of is new melee moves to get around blocks e.g. my newly suggested low sweep :)

• I have no problems at all (even taking im mind that I fight thrust-parry duels with my dagger against polearms… polearms do not seems slow or weak at all in attack-parry fight).