Announcing Dungeons of Agatha- (An MMO RPG Mod in progress)

• Introduction:
    As the New successor to the throne Brings the survivors of King Argon’s crusade, back to the Northern Shores of Agatha, they realize much has changed in their once peaceful homeland.
    The Mason armies have driven out and burnt many Villages, occupying some of the Cities and
    strongholds Along the Coastline.

The only Survivors are the Last remaining Crusaders that have been scattered among the Coastline.There purpose is to reunite with the broken armies of Agatha and take back their land before the mason’s deplete them of power, spirit and resources.

Your Purpose in this life will be to try Adapt and survive long enough to bring
    peace back to the hearts of men.
    The only complication due to arise, is the long awaited question…

“With who do you find peace brother?”

News feed-

Old threads. Re-posting this up with screenshots and videos of my first working province plus concepts for the first soon to be animated creatures of our survivalist mod.

I hope you all keep updated! Hopefully some of you might PM me with questions once you see this mod is not a joke.
    I need plenty more help so again, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions regarding availability of team positions.

For anyone wondering why i labeled it as a classic “MMORPG”
    its because most people probably wouldn’t understand what i mean by first person close combat driven Survivalist MMO.

• This sounds like a lot of fun. I’m afraid I won’t be able to help contribute to this project, but I’m definitely looking forward to it and can’t wait to play it.

• This sounds pretty awesome, but how would you go about creating a mmo rpg mod? Dosn’t that mean having a pretty large map, does the game support that?

I would like to help, but i doubt i will be of much use. I can make some stuff in Photoshop and Blender 3D, i used to play around in UDK, and because of this game i might go back and learn some more UDK stuff. But sadly i am no real pro at photoshop or 3D, and i don’t have those expensive programs like Maya or 3D max :(

• i like your idea, it sounds great, and awesome and sweet and badass and what not, but how would you do this mod of epic scale with the udk? is that even possible? this engine is limited to more or less little maps?

• @Tryntyrion:

i like your idea, it sounds great, and awesome and sweet and badass and what not, but how would you do this mod of epic scale with the udk? is that even possible? this engine is limited to more or less little maps?

It can do streaming levels.

• Andske, i have yet not recived a reply to my reply xD (that sounds weird). are you still interested in my assistance in the mod making?

Regards Loonzar

• Just to add some clarity to the subject matter. Maya,3ds max and other Auto-desk Software is Completely 100% free to students with enough motivation to Google “Auto-desk” and register on their website through previous/current tafe or other educational facility enrollment.
    Seems to me this was a bad forum to Post this up so early, but in the likely hood that your that 0.005% exception that has read this in hope to create not “consume” i am going to be taking in PM’s and emails for inquiry of interest as long as this post is up.

Also just to finish, i would appreciate you average non analytical people to not comment crap on this post. It is a developers job, and ONLY a developers job to say what is possible in theory on a particular game engine and what isn’t.
    Also if any of you people remember mortal online, it was done using one of the older versions of the Unreal development kit.

• @andske:

…i would appreciate you average non analytical people to not comment crap on this post.

Edit: keep your “non analytical” for yourself.

• An RPG! 8-)

I’ll be right back, I need to fap.

• Not to sound rude or anything but as cool as this sounds, it’s overly ambitious and does not sound feasible. We still don’t know how mod support is going to work. Until then focus on getting assets done and imported into UDK, that way regardless how much mod support there will be- you will have experience with the pipeline.

• Were working on assets before the SDK comes out. If the project cant be completed with Torn Banners source mod then we will be looking at creating this game concept as a Free standalone like planet side 2.
    Either way the will of a man is like water, it can shape and form anything over time.
    Be patient and supportive people, it will happen i promise you all. we will find a way.

• Would love to get my hands on the networking techniques and utilities that Planetside 2 has to offer. If placed in co-existence with a limited portion the UDK’s leveling and with very simple UDK map mechanics, this might possibly push the player cap from 64+ and turn this mod into a in-depth medieval mod.

• @Cheesus:

Would love to get my hands on the networking techniques and utilities that Planetside 2 has to offer. If placed in co-existence with a limited portion the UDK’s leveling and with very simple UDK map mechanics, this might possibly push the player cap from 64+ and turn this mod into a in-depth medieval mod.

Considering these “utilities” cost money as they come with tools specifically engineered to aid an MMO developer. I think leaving this mod at a 64 cap is whats most likely gonna happen. But hey if you have a solution that is cheaper i would love to hear it : ) its just with the max map sizes, sword art level system and very low funding were making it more like Warz in its earlier stages, of course open to the idea of this if the community are willing to support. i fear they wont tho, so 64 is were i draw the line.
    with more then 64 players in a 10km by 10km max map> (8 by 8 when your take in mind no map is square and models/mountains reduce explorable land mass.

• is this mod still being developed? i havent heard anything about it in a while.

• This is funny. My advice: pinch yourself, you’re clearly dreaming. Sure Chivalry: The MMO sounds like a good idea in theory, that is, until you come back down to earth. I can tell you’re not too keen on the technical wizardry that accompanies most MMOs to date or even most game engines and its far outside the scope of this post so I’ll leave that out. If you knew these things you’d have titled this thread “Dungeons of Agatha - An RPG Mod”. Make an RPG and you have yourself a good project that will take some time but will be pretty rewarding. An MMO is simply out of the question unless you plan on completely redesigning the game to the point were its not even chivalry anymore.

If my wording seems a bit harsh, just know my intent is to save you the time and effort of finding out the hard way.

• @Slight:

This is funny. My advice: pinch yourself, you’re clearly dreaming. Sure Chivalry: The MMO sounds like a good idea in theory, that is, until you come back down to earth. I can tell you’re not too keen on the technical wizardry that accompanies most MMOs to date or even most game engines and its far outside the scope of this post so I’ll leave that out. If you knew these things you’d have titled this thread “Dungeons of Agatha - An RPG Mod”. Make an RPG and you have yourself a good project that will take some time but will be pretty rewarding. An MMO is simply out of the question unless you plan on completely redesigning the game to the point were its not even chivalry anymore.

If my wording seems a bit harsh, just know my intent is to save you the time and effort of finding out the hard way.

Aww… the realist arrives to smack us the fuck down. 8-)

• @Slight:

This is funny. My advice: pinch yourself, you’re clearly dreaming. Sure Chivalry: The MMO sounds like a good idea in theory, that is, until you come back down to earth. I can tell you’re not too keen on the technical wizardry that accompanies most MMOs to date or even most game engines and its far outside the scope of this post so I’ll leave that out. If you knew these things you’d have titled this thread “Dungeons of Agatha - An RPG Mod”. Make an RPG and you have yourself a good project that will take some time but will be pretty rewarding. An MMO is simply out of the question unless you plan on completely redesigning the game to the point were its not even chivalry anymore.

We can dream can’t we? :( Bringing down the hall of dreams by smashing the foundations into dust and having the ceiling cave in on our small hopes. Sobs in the corner

• @SOC:

This sounds like a lot of fun. I’m afraid I won’t be able to help contribute to this project, but I’m definitely looking forward to it and can’t wait to play it.

irrelevant but i just noticed in your signature…. the your there should be you’re.

• @clayton-bigsby:

@SOC:

This sounds like a lot of fun. I’m afraid I won’t be able to help contribute to this project, but I’m definitely looking forward to it and can’t wait to play it.

irrelevant but i just noticed in your signature…. the your there should be you’re.

If you look closer its from an ingame screenshot of he text. Sir loin is a developer for torn banner. And since its a screenshot he can’t change it.

And who says you’re in the game chat?

• New thread will be posted up for DOA.
    Hope all the current interested forum posters are still around in a few weeks to see our first assets and modeled agathian castle screen shot’s posted up.
    Our weapon modeler has been working hard, to give up high poly weapons made to scale, which we are texturing right now along with the first province, castles, camps, dungeons, and settlements.