This game blows….. Rage

• Ok I am raging right now as the freaking game crashed again…… and again… and again… about every 3 maps or so it will just randomly crash. No crash log, then our server crashes and I have to remove broken maps. How is it that moving to a better engine yet we have the same problems like super lag with 24+ players or more? This is just scratching the surface of my rage of the incompleteness of this game and yes I am spoiled by all that is available in the HL2 engine, administration and ease of use. But All the broken things, simple things that are missing that should be in the game like crouch-jump (some rocks you can jump on, others you cannot, trees you can literally walk thru and invisible walls in weird places, you cannot even go through most windows), limited server and admin controls, poorly designed and badly optimized maps(yeah they look great but that is about it), few to none interactive controls and objects like doors or GATE LEVERS, slow movement and sluggish combat mechanics, COMBS, now just another word for SPAM and it is rewarded! Oh there is just so much more I could compile a full list. But I am trying to be patient for the patch to come out hoping it fixes more than it breaks. Yeah I am raging right now. I might get over it… I shouldn’t have to drop $100+ to play a $25 game that I am within the specs. AAARRRRGGGGGG!

• tl/dr

• @acrh2:

tl/dr

Yet you still took the time to post because of your failure to read 8 sentences? LOLS Hey look something shiny!

• Of course, the gaming crashing constantly is not your or your systems fault, it must be the shitty game, right? :roll:

Strange, for the very most people the game runs fine - or do you see a lot (or any?) complaints/threads in this forum that the game is crashing? I don´t…

Same for lag, I dont experience much lag and if I experience lag, I find the source after hitting TAB and see 3+ppl with ~200m/s pings… You really want to blame the game for some idiots who join servers that give them a bad ping, thus ruining the experience for others?

Anyways, the rest, some mechanics, “pathfinding” or clipping is really not perfect - but far from terrible and probably being fixed.

There is no reason to rage about the game but maybe you should rage about you and/or your system? And spare me the answer that “all other games” run just fine.
    Comparing apples with…automobiles wont do the trick…

Just sayin´…

• Nice swinging on the devs nuts, knew it would happen sooner or later. Apparently you not have been talking to enough players in game that have mid to low end computers but still within the game specs about how this game preforms for them. Maybe you don’t have a server up and running and trying to run a clan server to remotely know what I am talking about server and admin config wise, not to mention an entire game mode maps crashing all the servers. Yeah always blame someone’s shitty computer instead of the obvious problems with the game…… ugh. really?

You automatically assume ping is the problem with lag? LOLS laughable. Join any full 24-32 player server where the majority people have great ping and it still lags or the majority of people are complaining about lag. Why? Noclip the maps and see just how optimized the maps are, lols. See how much crap is floating around the map that you will never see from the players point of view but it is still there being rendered at one level or another. I could go into map design and optimization but I am sure you would have little to no knowledge as to what I am even talking about. Lets not even get into how many places you get stuck in per map.

Game mechanics are perfect right? No crouch-jump? lols even more laughable. You ever try and run jump on to a loading dock? Guess what you are doing if you do it without using your hands? A FREAKING CROUCH JUMP! Used in almost every modern game. R7fa4jPi4eg This allows you to get onto an object higher than normal aka a rock or a rock wall, a wagon, any number of things that make hand to hand combat all the more exciting in a 3 dimensional way. Where the hell are the ladders, doors to open, gate controls to manipulate? I have already started learning to map in UDK but not even sure how far I can go till the game mechanics are fixed and content is released.

Virtually no ability to turn and fight or defend with any pole arm or almost any weapon, after you are attacked from behind as turning speed has been purposely nerfed supposedly to simulate realism. And the whole combo bs? lols it is glorified spamming with little to no cost rebranded as combo. Movement feels slow, sluggish and non responsive, random combos happen, spawing without your main weapon, some kills leave the screen spinning and spinning at a nauseating speed, just to name a few more than the original post.

Yeah there are a few things I like about it but it is a struggle trying to stay positive with this much broken or missing from the game and the difficulties hosting a server with little to no admin powers. How is anything going to be changed or fixed if people are not bitching about it while others simply go along with the program and defend it? Every time I see someone in game having problems with the game that is obviously a bad design problem I tell them to post on the forum but the very few that do are always hammered with “its your computer or you are just a whiny noob” Blah blah blah.

• Don’t mind the troll, children. He will starve himself soon enough.

• He’s right about the map optimization stuff….

but Crouch Jump is a source engine nuance and Chivalry is on Unreal.

• I can’t believe how fast and how much attention this thread gets :D

• @Retsnom:

Nice swinging on the devs nuts, knew it would happen sooner or later. Apparently you not have been talking to enough players in game that have mid to low end computers but still within the game specs about how this game preforms for them. Maybe you don’t have a server up and running and trying to run a clan server to remotely know what I am talking about server and admin config wise, not to mention an entire game mode maps crashing all the servers. Yeah always blame someone’s shitty computer instead of the obvious problems with the game…… ugh. really?

You automatically assume ping is the problem with lag? LOLS laughable. Join any full 24-32 player server where the majority people have great ping and it still lags or the majority of people are complaining about lag. Why? Noclip the maps and see just how optimized the maps are, lols. See how much crap is floating around the map that you will never see from the players point of view but it is still there being rendered at one level or another. I could go into map design and optimization but I am sure you would have little to no knowledge as to what I am even talking about. Lets not even get into how many places you get stuck in per map.

Game mechanics are perfect right? No crouch-jump? lols even more laughable. You ever try and run jump on to a loading dock? Guess what you are doing if you do it without using your hands? A FREAKING CROUCH JUMP! Used in almost every modern game. R7fa4jPi4eg This allows you to get onto an object higher than normal aka a rock or a rock wall, a wagon, any number of things that make hand to hand combat all the more exciting in a 3 dimensional way. Where the hell are the ladders, doors to open, gate controls to manipulate? I have already started learning to map in UDK but not even sure how far I can go till the game mechanics are fixed and content is released.

Virtually no ability to turn and fight or defend with any pole arm or almost any weapon, after you are attacked from behind as turning speed has been purposely nerfed supposedly to simulate realism. And the whole combo bs? lols it is glorified spamming with little to no cost rebranded as combo. Movement feels slow, sluggish and non responsive, random combos happen, spawing without your main weapon, some kills leave the screen spinning and spinning at a nauseating speed, just to name a few more than the original post.

Yeah there are a few things I like about it but it is a struggle trying to stay positive with this much broken or missing from the game and the difficulties hosting a server with little to no admin powers. How is anything going to be changed or fixed if people are not bitching about it while others simply go along with the program and defend it? Every time I see someone in game having problems with the game that is obviously a bad design problem I tell them to post on the forum but the very few that do are always hammered with “its your computer or you are just a whiny noob” Blah blah blah.

• @Retsnom:

Just. The. Perfect. Answer. :D

• I’ve had one or two actual crashes but steam going down seems to be the biggest culprit for disconnects at the moment.

I will say though that the server browser certainly seems to be a hit or miss whether it feels like showing servers or not.

• @William:

Of course, the gaming crashing constantly is not your or your systems fault, it must be the shitty game, right? :roll:

Strange, for the very most people the game runs fine - or do you see a lot (or any?) complaints/threads in this forum that the game is crashing? I don´t…

Same for lag, I dont experience much lag and if I experience lag, I find the source after hitting TAB and see 3+ppl with ~200m/s pings… You really want to blame the game for some idiots who join servers that give them a bad ping, thus ruining the experience for others?

Anyways, the rest, some mechanics, “pathfinding” or clipping is really not perfect - but far from terrible and probably being fixed.

There is no reason to rage about the game but maybe you should rage about you and/or your system? And spare me the answer that “all other games” run just fine.

Just sayin´…

Damn it’s you again? Don’t you have a desk to be under? Get back under it shoo shoo.Ok now that is handled down to business. As of the game crashing every server i was in yesterday till i stopped playing was crashing and steam was fine and everyone of my friends in chiv with me was getting booted so yes it’s the damn game.

Strange it’s only you and your imaginary friends that don’t have issues with the game and you do not see a lot of complaints/threads in this forum cause it’s in the support forum genius.A few of us have brought some of the issues up here in this fourm hoping since there has been very few answers posted in the support that maybe it will be seen here and it’s gotten flamed by the likes of you and many others cause you don’t agree or see it.

The lag issue is the maps and other things not being optimized at all this does need to be fixed.The ping issue on the other hand has amazed me as i see tons of servers with people over 150ping but oh well that can be many things and i am not touching that subject. So i guess since you and your “people” this will never exist all the support forum doesn’t exist or rather you don’t look there and half the worlds problems don’t exist cause you don’t see it.

• @Jiggle:

troll, children. He will starve himself soon enough.

How reactionary are you? I am far from a Troll If you have read any of my posts over the last few months or even in the AOC forums you will see how many times I have tried to help the game become the best it can be. The same is true with helping to keep AOC alive till this game came out. I have posted fixes, work arounds and anything I could find to help out noobs and people with low end computers. I have done even more in game and through other means. Hell I have helped sell a bunch of copies of this game, just so I could troll? Haha.

@Jen<3:

He’s right about the map optimization stuff….
    but Crouch Jump is a source engine nuance and Chivalry is on Unreal.

I am right about everything I said that is currently wrong with the game or broken and missing. Have you not played Unreal? Crouch-jump is in the game along with double jump and even jump boots by default. Crouch-Jump is not exclusive to the source engine. A alpha tester who will remain nameless told me it was deliberately left out and he argued for it. This is a bad game design decision. Period. So instead of having an instinctive ability in the game. You have to run around the map testing areas where you can and cannot have access. This seems really retarded because some rocks you can access and others you cannot, if you play at a competitive level this knowledge is valuable for ambush or escape.

@Suncross:

You read every word and you will most likely respond back with something even more apropos without actually having any facts behind you.

@Sir:

LOLs guess you cannot handle the truth about you and the game. So instead of a counter argument which you cannot support with facts, ya go with the flame. Congrats you have proved me right about your nut swinging. Same goes for you ROM Get a clue, this game is far from perfect.

@AngryDave:

I’ve had one or two actual crashes but steam going down seems to be the biggest culprit for disconnects at the moment.

I will say though that the server browser certainly seems to be a hit or miss whether it feels like showing servers or not.

LOLs I totally forgot about the fail of the server browser and unpolished menus. You ever notice how the system lags as it is getting the server list? Type in console stat fps before you go to server browser and see just how low it will drop while loading the server list or just try and move your mouse…

@shifue:

@William:

Of course, the gaming crashing constantly is not your or your systems fault, it must be the shitty game, right? :roll:

Just sayin´…

Damn it’s you again? Don’t you have a desk to be under? Get back under it shoo shoo.Ok now that is handled down to business. As of the game crashing every server i was in yesterday till i stopped playing was crashing and steam was fine and everyone of my friends in chiv with me was getting booted so yes it’s the damn game.

Strange it’s only you and your imaginary friends that don’t have issues with the game and you do not see a lot of complaints/threads in this forum cause it’s in the support forum genius.A few of us have brought some of the issues up here in this fourm hoping since there has been very few answers posted in the support that maybe it will be seen here and it’s gotten flamed by the likes of you and many others cause you don’t agree or see it.

The lag issue is the maps and other things not being optimized at all this does need to be fixed.The ping issue on the other hand has amazed me as i see tons of servers with people over 150ping but oh well that can be many things and i am not touching that subject. So i guess since you and your “people” this will never exist all the support forum doesn’t exist or rather you don’t look there and half the worlds problems don’t exist cause you don’t see it.

Finally someone that understands the difference between trolling and trying to make a difference where people actually read. If this game is so great like the few that have flamed me, then why is the support forum full of complaints and issues?

Don’t get me wrong here, I love the concept of the game. I have over 3000+ hours in AOC, I run the KILA clan, one of the oldest clans around. I have helped in keeping AOC relevant and alive for years. I have helped hundreds of players get their games running better and helped noobs get skills. Many people who have tried the game and couldn’t get it to run well enough or the games problems were enough for them to quit playing altogether will not come here and post. I would guess that only 50% who are having problems with the game will actually come here to find a solution and only 10% will actually post, specially if they have read much from the support page.

I love what the DEVs have attempted to do and create but I see many things that happened in AOC befalling Chiv. It is my passion for the game that I want it to be the best it can be. I know they are a very small and indy studio and have managed to pull off something very understaffed, under qualified, and in an overall short time period considering against all odds. I will not take that away from them. I worry that they will go the same route they did with AOC by adding more content without truly fixing the major issues first considering that it was released way too soon. This is and has been the problem with many games with great potential. Hellsgate: London is a great example but there are many more.

So permit me my rants and rage, I think I have the pedigree to know what I am talking about. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and I am squeaking up a storm.

• Learn to post in the right section noob. This is meaningless spam.

• @xUncleOwenx:

Learn to post in the right section noob. This is meaningless spam.

LOLs this is the right section you moron for general discussion as this is exactly what it is, a discussion about the problems with the game, in general. I am not looking for technical support but support from the community to get these issues fixed and quite simply it is a rant and doesn’t belong in the tech support area.

You should really reply with a counter argument and state your case that the things I am ranting about are in fact not broken or actually play the game and agree instead of calling out meaningless spam. Considering how many people have read the posts confirm to me the realities of the issues.

@xUncleOwenx:

Chivalry is the kind of game that I have always wanted to play, but never knew existed. I am so glad that TornBannerStudios has made this game :D :D :D . Best $25 I have ever spent.

Clearly you didn’t play Age of Chivalry since 2007. So before you call someone a noob who had been with the devs since beta of Age of Chivalry, maybe you should do a little research before you prove yourself to be a complete ignorant douche nozzle. Thanks for playing.

Let the flaming continue but that doesn’t change or fix the game. Conciseness and complaints will. It is Ok if you disagree with what I have said is clearly broken, support your case. It is ok, I will wait….

• Lols you thinking I was actually serious. No one cares about your problems because you did it in a rant. If you had actually been constructive, maybe you would get more constructive feedback. And from my experience on any forum, off topic is where you put rants.

• The flaming will not continue because this topic is now being locked; it was extremely poorly construed from the very start and promptly derailed into nothing but senseless posts.

If you want to make a list of everything wrong by your accounts in a new topic, then by all means do that, but in a constructively criticising manor without the overbearing ranting.