Annoying Xbox 360 controller preset buttons

• I use xpadder and like to use the xbox 360 control for wasd, etc. but theres keybinds auto set to the 360 control and you cant change them, So if I map the left trigger to jump the 360 preset for the left trigger is block so he’ll jump and block or try to map crouch to the top left button and you’ll try to stab and crouch. Its very annoying is there anyway to delete the 360 auto config keybind file or something? :h1:

• I agree. the crouch on the 360 controller is toggle (tap down on d-pad) but then they wasted a button on returning from crouch (up on D-pad). why cant it be the same button? this would leave the up button for something like, idk, zoom or arrow-cam (which isn’t on the controller)

also right on the D-pad is “remove crosshair” this should be replaced with zoom or arrow-cam. if they fixed this i would be alright with the button layout.

of course… completely free button mapping would be ideal.

• I couldnt agree more!
    The preset for xbox360controller is not good, u can learn to play with it, but mouselook when choosing teams just ain´t working. And its very bad that you cant configure the buttons ingame like keyboard

If you go into like: H:\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Engine\Config
    and open: BaseInput.ini with wordpad

I think its possible to config it here:
    –-------------
    ; — XBox Bindings
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_X”,Command=“Use”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_A”,Command=“Jump”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_B”,Command=“ChangePosture”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_Y”,Command=“NextWeapon”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_Back”,Command="")
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_Start”,Command="|onrelease showmenu")
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_LeftShoulder”,Command=“obj list”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_RightShoulder”,Command=“mem”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_DPad_Up”,Command=“MoveForward”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_DPad_Down”,Command=“MoveBackward”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_DPad_Left”,Command=“TurnLeft”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_DPad_Right”,Command=“TurnRight”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_RightTrigger”,Command=“Fire”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_LeftTrigger”,Command=“ToggleTargetingMode”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_LeftX”,Command=“Axis aStrafe Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.3”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_LeftY”,Command=“Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.3”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_RightX”,Command=“Axis aTurn Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.2”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_RightY”,Command=“Axis aLookup Speed=0.8 DeadZone=0.2”)
    // trigger deadzones roughly correspond to XINPUT_GAMEPAD_TRIGGER_THRESHOLD / 255
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_LeftTriggerAxis”,Command=“Axis aLeftAnalogTrigger Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.11”)
    Bindings=(Name=“XboxTypeS_RightTriggerAxis”,Command=“Axis aRightAnalogTrigger Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.11”)

Perhaps mouse dont work because of the last lines here where it says "None"

[Scaleform.KeyMap]
    FullKeyboard=1
    XboxTypeS_DPad_Left=Left
    XboxTypeS_DPad_Right=Right
    XboxTypeS_DPad_Up=Up
    XboxTypeS_DPad_Down=Down
    Gamepad_RightStick_Left=GAMEPAD_RS_Left
    Gamepad_RightStick_Right=GAMEPAD_RS_Right
    Gamepad_RightStick_Up=GAMEPAD_RS_Up
    Gamepad_RightStick_Down=GAMEPAD_RS_Down
    Gamepad_LeftStick_Left=Left
    Gamepad_LeftStick_Right=Right
    Gamepad_LeftStick_Up=Up
    Gamepad_LeftStick_Down=Down
    XboxTypeS_A=GAMEPAD_A
    XboxTypeS_B=GAMEPAD_B
    XboxTypeS_X=GAMEPAD_X
    XboxTypeS_Y=GAMEPAD_Y
    XboxTypeS_LeftShoulder=GAMEPAD_L1
    XboxTypeS_LeftTrigger=GAMEPAD_L2
    XboxTypeS_LeftThumbStick=GAMEPAD_L3
    XboxTypeS_RightShoulder=GAMEPAD_R1
    XboxTypeS_RightTrigger=GAMEPAD_R2
    XboxTypeS_RightThumbStick=GAMEPAD_R3
    XboxTypeS_Start=START
    XboxTypeS_Back=BACK

[Scaleform.GamepadMouse]
    X=None
    Y=None

–------------------------------

As it is now I use a program called Xpadder, that I have configured “Start” button as left mouse button ( so I can choose teams when its a new map, since this isnt working with B-button even if it says so in the teamselection screen ingame. And my right analogue button I have configured for mouse movement. In this way its working okey.

• Why hinder yourself using a controller? K+M is more precise and quicker than any controller, this is well known.

• @SirFab:

Why hinder yourself using a controller? K+M is more precise and quicker than any controller, this is well known.

You´re really off topic here, but I answer anyway. the answer is:
    IF…your laying in a sofa there´s no way its comfortable using a mouse and a keyboard ( also I would have to buy more wireless shit :) ) This game is a good arcadegame and dont that much accuracy as other fps games since its about melee and not shooting.