High DPI mouses?

• Based off the videos I’ve seen, mouse reaction time is going to have a large affect on gameplay.

My mouse is a Logitech G9X, and it has a switch to change the DPI, up to 5700, now, I’m sure you have some system in place, but based off the videos I’ve seen, if I max out my DPI, I could block and move my sword a whole lot faster than someone with a lower DPI mouse, or something like that. Could see this causing a huge inbalance with people who don’t have high DPI mouses. Most games this isn’t an issue, but with the style you’ve been showing off, it could become an issue.

Am I just over-thinking it? Idea just randomly popped into my head after re-watching some gameplay teaser videos(so addictive).

• We do recognize this issue and trying to develop systems to counter this.
    However, it’s still in development so hopefully we’ll have more to say about this at a later date.

• Oh wow, so it is an issue and not something I thought up in my half-asleep stupor.

Maybe limit mouse acceleration in-game? Hard to say how to fix this without pissing people off, but good luck.

• Disadvantage of high sensitivity is that you won’t be able to make headshots/stabs as easily, headshots usually make someone 1 less hit to kill, so it’s a tradeoff really.

• Developer

Yeah its not really a pure advantage due to the fact that the game is about precision, so if its just super fast all its going to do is make you blow past your target all the time. That being said we do have a system that counteracts this and is feeling pretty natural so far.

• @Mkilbride:

Maybe limit mouse acceleration in-game? Hard to say how to fix this without pissing people off, but good luck.

Dear Zod no!