Archers and Kicking

• Summary (felt like it, will keep to date if necessary)

=Idea: Allow archers to kick while wielding ranged weapons

=Advantages: realism (You cant forget how to kick), possible way to switch to a secondary weapon after a timely kick in melee.

=Issue: encourages shotgunning with crossbows, because crossbowmen would have sufficient time to kick, put up their weapon and shoot without the attacker having any chance of dodging or retaliating.

=Possible Solutions:
    -Prevent aiming with the crossbow for a short time after kicking (Dreamydark)
    -Lower the aim-up times (Martin)
    End of Summary__

Original Post:

I have a simple suggestion about the archers. I’ve noticed archers are unable to kick when they have ranged weapons… why not? I dont see why using a bow or a crossbow would make me forget how to kick someone. I think it would be nice if archers could kick with their ranged weapons under certain circumstances. Of course, they shouldnt be able to kick while they are aiming or in the case of the crossbow, while recharging or having the weapon up. but in some cases, being able to land a timely kick when you know someone is engaging you directly in melee wouldnt be a bad thing and would maybe sometimes give you time to switch weapons and try to defend yourself.

@Martin:

The issue with this is Crossbows and them being ready-loaded. You can kick someone who comes up close, instantly aim and then fire while they are stunned.

EDIT: You could make it so that a crossbowman cannot aim anymore for two or three seconds after performing a kick, thus preventing the abuse while still allowing crossbowman to use this technique to quickly switch to a secondary weapon?

• I concur

• The issue with this is Crossbows and them being ready-loaded. You can kick someone who comes up close, instantly aim and then fire while they are stunned.

• @Martin:

The issue with this is Crossbows and them being ready-loaded. You can kick someone who comes up close, instantly aim and then fire while they are stunned.

and thats a bad thing?

• just because of this the archer would be more lethal while reloading, then actually be aimin and shooting in generall

• @Martin:

And… its like being charged by a vanguard is not as bad when you are holding a crossbow? or Bow?

I reckon they should be able to damn kick seriously.

• It’ll just make shotgunning a prevalent tactic. Why shoot someone dodging left and right when you can just wait till he comes up to you point blank range, kick him, and shoot him while he can’t move. The issue won’t exist for bows because you’ll have to draw it, but the problem would exist with Crossbows. Until we can remedy that, it’s unlikely we’ll see kicks with ranged weapons. One solution would obviously be to lower the aim-up times so you couldn’t do this and another solution listed in the OPs first post.