DO NOT NERF ANYTHING.

• Don’t do it.

Giving into extortion only leads to more extortion.

Giving into complaining only leads to more complaining.

Nerfs lead to more nerfs.

Don’t do it. Game is fine, just add new things (like customization!)

• I’ve only played ~30 hours, but from what I’ve seen there isn’t really anything overpowered. A couple of underpowered weapons, perhaps, but that’s a different matter.

• I prefer a balanced game with people who whine because their OP weapons can’t kill as easily as they did before, than an unbalanced game with people who whine because they get killed by OP weapons.

• Wholeheartedly signed.

• 200+ hours, some stuff needs nerfing, some stuff needs buffing, and it needs to be an ongoing thing forever. Balance is crucial to competitive play. Do you want the fork to remain terrible forever? I think not. This is especially important because they will continue to add new weapons.

PS: they’ve already did balance patches in the beta, like they nerfed halberd stab.

• There is no way around balancing :/ Even though I think the balancing is quite good in this game so far.

• Well, don’t nerf anything and enjoy shielders who can hold that block forever…

• i would say only weapons truly in need of a nerf is the warhammer (way to powerful for a 1 hander with fast attack speed)

and the Norse sword (i wouldnt nerf the stab, just the speed of the slash)

other then that, i think weapons need a BUFF not a nerf.

Weapons that need a buff:

Morning star (dmg, or why not just use broadsword its better in all ways?)

Double Axe (way to weak for such low range, no reason not to use pole-axe over it)

Fork (just a horrible weapon)

Brandistock (Why would anyone choose this over the halbert?)

Heavy Crossbow (make it kill 1 shot or punch shields. Too long of a reload to compete with war bow)

• Brandistock (Why would anyone choose this over the halbert?)

The Brandistock is arguably the best polearm right now. It can 2 hit Knights. Take 2 people using teamwork with this weapon and you have a killer combination.

I do agree with you the Fork, Double Axe and Heavy Crossbow are lacking though.

• Don’t forget to nerf the Warbow and buff the other archer weapons.

• Why are people so hell-bent on preserving a status-quo, it’s absolutely absurd to me.

• Only thing i want to see changed is that the war hammer needs to go from 2 hits to 3 hits like every one handed weapon, but does do big damage.

And the wooden pole of spear,bardiche and weapons alike, should not be able to hurt you when you are close to a vanguard.

• @Necramonium:

Only thing i want to see changed is that the war hammer needs to go from 2 hits to 3 hits like every one handed weapon, but does do big damage.

Not sure that I understand this. Falchion, Dane Axe, etc can kill a Vanguard in 2 hits.

• @ReMixx:

@Necramonium:

Only thing i want to see changed is that the war hammer needs to go from 2 hits to 3 hits like every one handed weapon, but does do big damage.

Not sure that I understand this. Falchion, Dane Axe, etc can kill a Vanguard in 2 hits.

Warhammer is the only 1h weapon that kills a Knight in 2 hits, and is faster than several 3 hitting, slower 2 handers.

• @Martin:

@ReMixx:

@Necramonium:

Warhammer is the only 1h weapon that kills a Knight in 2 hits, and is faster than several 3 hitting, slower 2 handers.

It’s range is really short tho.

• @ransack:

It’s range is really short tho.

Not really.

• I don’t have a problem with them actually fixing stuff that needs to be fixed, but I do have a problem with n00b whine that eventually gets championed by the gaggle of average and poor players. You get statements like “Vanguard is OP!” which gets eaten up by anyone who plays poorly against a Vanguard. It’s dumb.

I also don’t want to play a game that’s constantly changing all the time. Where weapon stats are switched around and tweaked ad nauseam. I quit playing Tribes Ascend for this exact reason, because the mechaincs and weapons I was used to a week ago, wouldn’t be the same in a months time. Imagine playing a chess game where the rules and movement patterns were constantly changing all the time.

I agree with the OP 95%. There’s only a few weapons that are off… not broken or OP, but off. Small, finite tweaks to certain weapons is what this game needs… and then it deserves to be left alone.

• @HEXEN:

I also don’t want to play a game that’s constantly changing all the time. Where weapon stats are switched around and tweaked ad nauseam. I quit playing Tribes Ascend for this exact reason, because the mechaincs and weapons I was used to a week ago, wouldn’t be the same in a months time. Imagine playing a chess game where the rules and movement patterns were constantly changing all the time.

I agree with the OP 95%. There’s only a few weapons that are off… not broken or OP, but off. Small, finite tweaks to certain weapons is what this game needs… and then it deserves to be left alone.

The difference between chess and multiplayer games is that chess is actually balanced and doesn’t need patches. Constant rebalance is crucial to competitive gaming, or else you get stuck with crappy games like Super Smash Bros where Meta Knight reigns, or Melee with Fox. I’m sure the person who made chess had to make quite a few drastic changes to the game until it reached the point it is today. Eventually, the drastic changes for this game would become less drastic as it reaches a much better spot. But as it is now, there are some drastic changes needed. Nothing too drastic, but there are some.

• You at least get where I’m coming from though, yeah? I mean, fine tuning and adjustment on a few weapons is one thing, and that’s something I support. Drastic sweeping changes across the entire arsenal is something else.