Can i run it?

• Hey… i am about to order an convertable for buisness, but i also like to play sometimes… chivalry isnt that “demanding” on grafics, so i wonder if i can run it with a HD4000 Intel Grafics card.

Thanks…

• Based on synthetic benchmarks, no. Based on real-world gaming benchmarks of other Unreal 3 games (Dishonored, Batman, Borderlands 2), you might be able to squeak by on low settings.

Minimum:

Processor: Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4 GHz) or AMD equivalent, or better
    Memory: At least 2GB
    Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 3870 of higher, Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT or higher
    Graphics card memory: 512MB+
    Sound: Windows compatible sound card

If synthetic benchmarks can be relied on for this, 8800 GT scores about 9600 in 3DMark06 whereas the Intel HD 4000 scores about 4800.

8800GT
    http://www.techpowerup.com/41921/NVIDIA-GeForce-8800GT-Vs.-8800-Ultra-3DMark06-Comparison.html

HD 4000
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000.69168.0.html

• Thank you pretty much. Thats actually pretty sad, but good to know… damnit i really wonder why laptop grafic cads are always that… bad… everything else matches (got enough ram, i7… ). I thought the HD4000 should at least run unreal engine 3 games… well probably i am luck and it will really run on low settings… i really hope so. Its annoying when you are on buisness trip for days/weaks sometimes and cant play…And gameing laptops are way too heavy for bringing them on a trip.

Do you know if i can probably use an external grafic card?

Thanks for the fast help!

• I honestly don’t know how the HD 4000 will perform with Chiv. I would think something like Batman or Borderlands 2 would be more demanding than Chiv and those can squeeze by on low settings, but I honestly don’t know. You will need a dev or someone else who’s tried it to confirm.

I don’t see why an external graphics card would not work assuming that you have the latest drivers, but again, I do not know for certain.