Do you have any weapons IRL?

• Mostly pertaining to medieval weapons.

http://sadpanda.us/images/1247976-GQTA634.jpg

That’s my European longsword that I got back in 2004. I got a claymore on my 9th birthday but I don’t have it any more. I love training with them, very fun. I find this longsword kind’ve difficult to use with one hand. I wish it had a leather handle, too.

• My stepfather has a scottish claymore that says ‘macleod’ on it because he is a huge nerd.

• I live in Florida, and I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to not own a gun here. No swords or anything though.

• @SlyGoat:

I live in Florida, and I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to not own a gun here. No swords or anything though.

These Murrikans are crazy.

• Mh, I have a Katana which I sometimes use for Tameshigiri.
    Besides that, Im searching for a nice Type XIIIa like Greatsword.
    Found this, but I am not sure yet:
    http://www.albion-europe.com/swords/swords-by-time-period/medieval/model.aspx?model=89

• Found this, but I am not sure yet:
    http://www.albion-europe.com/swords/swo … x?model=89

That’s a nice sword.

• Isn´t it? ;)
    Check out their other stuff, very nice swords. Though, I get the feeling they are a little too expensive, Im not sure…

For me most important is the authenticity. I don´t want a fantasy sword hanging on my wall, I want the real deal… I would appreciate any advise/help in this direction, maybe someone here is into collecting medieval swords?

• William, you’re best off looking into the ‘re-enactment’ branch. There are loads of weapon smiths who recreate medieval weaponry for the sake of re-enactment, as authentically as possible (although if they create it for fighting purposes, they’ll be blunt as fuck so be careful :P). You could try looking for sites on the internet or nearby medieval events where those people come to sell their stuff. Searching for late medieval re-enactment shops on google instantly got me this for example: http://www.armorymarek.com/.

My house is riddled with axes, swords, seaxes, spears, shields and the like. All early medieval though. I’ll post some if I can get bloody Imageshack to work…

• Sorry OP, you got a claymore on your 9th birthday??! Jesus, are you in the Taliban or something?

• Taliban don’t use Claymores… The Knights in Chivalry does!

Anyways. My step father has a medieval one-hand flail in the garage.

• @Kwal:

William, you’re best off looking into the ‘re-enactment’ branch. There are loads of weapon smiths who recreate medieval weaponry for the sake of re-enactment, as authentically as possible (although if they create it for fighting purposes, they’ll be blunt as fuck so be careful :P). You could try looking for sites on the internet or nearby medieval events where those people come to sell their stuff. Searching for late medieval re-enactment shops on google instantly got me this for example: http://www.armorymarek.com/.

My house is riddled with axes, swords, seaxes, spears, shields and the like. All early medieval though. I’ll post some if I can get bloody Imageshack to work…

Thank you for this totally obvious tip, why didnt that cross my mind before? :D
    I will do some research in my country. And yes, do some pictures!

• @Jusey1:

Taliban don’t use Claymores… The Knights in Chivalry does!

Vanguard*

I have a pile of nunchucks (heavy wood and metal, not foam and plastic), 2 bows, a pile of knives, khukri machete, and all the beer bottles you could dream of.

• Um… The Knights does use Claymores. I’ve watched the videos. Claymores are two-handed swords and I’ve seen the Knights use them. I don’t know any other weapons that are two-handed swords and part of medieval times. (There is the Dai-Katana Sword but that is not medieval type of thing).

• @Jusey1:

Um… The Knights does use Claymores. I’ve watched the videos. Claymores are two-handed swords and I’ve seen the Knights use them. I don’t know any other weapons that are two-handed swords and part of medieval times. (There is the Dai-Katana Sword but that is not medieval type of thing).

:/

Knight 2h swords are Long Sword, Sword of War, and Messer Sword.
    Vanguard heavy swords are Greatsword, Claymore, and Zweihander

• @Jusey1:

Um… The Knights does use Claymores. I’ve watched the videos. Claymores are two-handed swords and I’ve seen the Knights use them. I don’t know any other weapons that are two-handed swords and part of medieval times. (There is the Dai-Katana Sword but that is not medieval type of thing).

Just because it is a 2h sword, it is not a claymore. A claymore is usually not as long as greatswords or Flammards/Flammenschwerter (“Flamberge” is actually not 100% correct as a term…)

Additionally, the guard/crossguard is always “bent” towars the blades tip. Short: The ingame claymore is a very good example of how a claymore looks ;)

Oh and please, get rid of the term “Dai-Katana”, since this is purely fictional and evolved from one of those fantasy games, there have been no “Dai-Katana”. You surely mean a No-Dachi/Odachi?

• I know “Dai-Katana” isn’t a real weapon. I just was using it as an example.

Also, I basicly grew up with “Claymores” and “Greatswords” being the same type of sword while “Long Swords” are 1-handed swords that are a little bit longer than normal swords…

And tbh… They all look the same to me so I prefer “Sword” for all 1-handed blades (Unless specified otherwise) and “Claymore” for all 2-handed blades (Unless specified otherwise).

• @suge1w:

Sorry OP, you got a claymore on your 9th birthday??! Jesus, are you in the Taliban or something?

Are you 12? your not very bright are you.

• Does my double-bladed light saber count?? xD

• @Kimiko:

Does my double-bladed light saber count?? xD

Thought you were gonna say it was a double headed… nevermind