I want to feint with an opposite horizontal swing

• Hi TornBanner,

I fence competitive sabre for a collegiate team. One of the bread and butter moves in sabre is a feint, but one of the most effective feints is one in which the ending attack is vastly different than what the defender first anticipated.

• I would like to feint from the right then attack from the left (and vice versa)
    • This would mean having MORE THAN ONE HORIZONTAL ATTACK BUTTON
    • I would LOVE a left mouse button/left attack and then right mouse button/right attack setup.
    • block could be a thumb mouse button or both left and right pressed at the same time.

Thanks!

• No.

• Why not being able to perfom underhand swings too like the polearms have as their second combo attack with the secondary attack style / overhead.

• Initiating attacks from the left may be under consideration. I’d personally like to see it.

• @SlyGoat:

Initiating attacks from the left may be under consideration. I’d personally like to see it.

Neat to get past an shield user or confuse your opponent with a slash from a opposite direction.

• @SOC:

No.

Yes.

EDIT: To be less of a tool; Yerp, wholeheartedly support. Being able to strike from multiple directions, chosen by the player, was one of the features that initially attracted me to WoTR before I found Chiv.

• @Sabresieben:

Hi TornBanner,

I fence competitive sabre for a collegiate team. One of the bread and butter moves in sabre is a feint, but one of the most effective feints is one in which the ending attack is vastly different than what the defender first anticipated.

• I would like to feint from the right then attack from the left (and vice versa)
    • This would mean having MORE THAN ONE HORIZONTAL ATTACK BUTTON
    • I would LOVE a left mouse button/left attack and then right mouse button/right attack setup.
    • block could be a thumb mouse button or both left and right pressed at the same time.

Thanks!

Playing the game I noticed aswell that pretty much all strikes come from the right except some weapon overheads the swing is from the left.

Choosing whether you can swing from the left or right(for overhead swings too) would make this game alot more realistic/rewarding when fighting.

I’m also left handed and it would be pretty cool to play lefty though I know it would make the game more challenging and people would exploit but the game would get more technical and fun

• Alternative controls method: Free form attacks. Same concept as blocking but with attack directions. Think Mount & Blade with not 4 but an entire clock face of attack directions whose paths can be altered mid swing (like they already are)

• I think it should simply be:

A+LMB to swing from right to left
    D+LMB to swing from left to right.

Then you wouldn’t need an additional button, just let strafe direction be the influence of swinging direction.