War axe confusion

• Through out many weapon variations, there are kinda like two “types” of the weapon through out the catagories. Lets talk about the longswords for example. Messer more based with cuts and swings, while sword of war is more dedicated for stabbing, and the longsword is kinda like a hybrid between these two. However, when I looked at the axe catagory, I thought there would be something like that too since the War axe has a pointy edge, so I thought it was suppose to deal more damage on stabs than the other axes, currently shares same base damage as hatchet, and 5+ more than dane axe. And the damage element is blunt instead of pierce or pierceblunt.

Kinda confusing.

• Is it viable to compare 2 handers to 1 handers like that?

• I can put things up like this too with one-handed swords. Falchion is a swing based weapon, norse is a stab while broad is a hybrid… although my meaning is that War Axe on its model has a pointy edge, but it doesn’t do anything special. I thought it would be the only suitable axe for stab attacks.

• Hatchet is meant to be fast (it is), Dane axe long range (it is), and War Axe high damage (not really).

The onehanded axes showcase an interesting problem with the game’s current state of balance in general; most weapons in their respective category take the same # of hits to kill. Ones that don’t typically suck - I.E. Fork, Holy Water, Broadsword - while at the same time this can make slower weapons also less than ideal because speed, reach and # of hits to kill are the real stats. Slow 2-hit kill is not preferably to fast 2-hit kill even if the slow 2-hit kill weapon does more damage on the first hit.

Although I have to agree the War Axe could use a stronger stab which actually does pierce damage; it just makes sense with that spike and would add some variety to the axes. I think the Morning Star and Holy Water could use some increased stab damage as well.

• Probably an oversight, like the new Dagger animations still doing cut damage on the overhead despite them clearly performing a pierce attack (I just want to add in I think the Hunting Knife should use the old 1h sharp overhead, and up its slashing power too).

• Hunting Knife should straight up have a .2 second combo windup. It’d still take longer to kill a Knight with it than with a cudgel.

• Slow 2-hit kill is not preferably to fast 2-hit kill even if the slow 2-hit kill weapon does more damage on the first hit.

Although I have to agree the War Axe could use a stronger stab which actually does pierce damage;

yea well that completly explains what im talking about very often either the armor of some classes(edit: are) not made right or the weapons just deal way to much dmg with certain attacks they shouldnt.

• war axe is underestimated if u ask me 8-)

• @krydderbror:

war axe is underestimated if u ask me 8-)

• I am not saying that the War axe is weak by any chance, I just thing its odd how it has a spike on it that doesn’t do anything.