My own Ideas for the game

• Just bought Chivalry yesterday, So far really enjoying it. But I do have a few suggestions and ideas for the game overall. And like I said I just started playing yesterday so I have no idea if these are in the game already, so please be kind to my noobiness.

My first suggestion is, kill streaks. I think after a 4 kill streak the player should get to call in an AC-130, Just kidding.

Anyways for real,

WEAPONS

• Poison tipped arrows (Doesn’t deal a lot of damage at once, but instead does continuous damage over an undetermined period of time).

• Flaming arrows (Sort of like poison tipped arrows, doesn’t deal very much damage at once, but more over time, Can be extinguished if player enters water).

• Flail, Aka Ball and chain.

• Scythe/Sickle

• Lance

ARMOUR

• More in depth armor selection, different kinds of armor for selection for each class, Say the knight has two heavy suits of armor to choose from. For instance, Iron. Slow, sluggish but good defense. Also, Chain mail, which is lighter than Iron, but doesn’t give as good defense as iron, but still more defense than other classes’ armor.

• @DoomedAKAMike:

• Flaming arrows (Sort of like poison tipped arrows, doesn’t deal very much damage at once, but more over time, Can be extinguished if player enters water).

• Flail, Aka Ball and chain.

Flaming arrows and the flail are coming soon.

• More in depth armor selection, different kinds of armor for selection for each class, Say the knight has two heavy suits of armor to choose from. For instance, Iron. Slow, sluggish but good defense. Also, Chain mail, which is lighter than Iron, but doesn’t give as good defense as iron, but still more defense than other classes’ armor.

uhm well the way u explain it is already kinda inside the game and would throw off the balance since the armor of the vanguard is heavy chainmail. Archers have light chainmail and leather stuff at least the agatha archers. and armor selection and diffrent player appearance was already discussed and the developers say a big no at the moment. If i got right what i read.

burning arrows are actually already implemented some bots use em sometimes but not in player vs player fights. and yea flail´s comin up

• I’m not sure what will happen in regards to flaming arrows, but I believe the idea of having them as a base weapon was scrapped for one reason or another (hence why they’re in the game but not usable) - I suspect they’ll be available only in certain areas on certain maps. I could be wrong though.

Flail & several other new weapons are in the works.

• Ah, Well disregard what i said about the armor detail thing, just look at the big picture I’m trying to paint. And what about boxing gloves as a primary? A new class such as Brawler, with knuckle based weapons such as spiked knuckles or something along those lines. Or adding a knuckle based weapon as a secondary or whatever.

• Fists are already in the game. Press 4.
    Boxing matches are great fun and a good laugh.

• When I played in create game I saw from time to time NPCs using flammable arrows and arrows I had never seen unlocked while I was playing online.
    But Anyway I like these ideas. The truth is I had said Something about armors in one of my posts
    but anyway

• @ReMixx:

Flaming arrows and the flail are coming soon.

Oh my. Yessssssss.

• @SlyGoat:

I’m not sure what will happen in regards to flaming arrows, but I believe the idea of having them as a base weapon was scrapped for one reason or another (hence why they’re in the game but not usable) - I suspect they’ll be available only in certain areas on certain maps. I could be wrong though.

Im not entirely sure but, I tought fire arrows were used to burn certain things, like ships, villages, on sieges… Not to burn people.

• @Metrocop:

@SlyGoat:

I’m not sure what will happen in regards to flaming arrows, but I believe the idea of having them as a base weapon was scrapped for one reason or another (hence why they’re in the game but not usable) - I suspect they’ll be available only in certain areas on certain maps. I could be wrong though.

Im not entirely sure but, I tought fire arrows were used to burn certain things, like ships, villages, on sieges… Not to burn people.

Maybe so, but the ones in the game are very good at burning people ;)

Throwing knives/axes aren’t exactly realistic weapons for a medieval knight to be carrying around, but they’re pretty cool so we overlook it.