Weapon range and flinching seeming too inconsistent

• How, if you are close enough to someone that you physically bump into them, can your weapon swing not hit ? It happens so often to me with all weapons. It’s like it still thinks I’m out of range or something.

Other times I can see on my screen that the enemy is too far out of range to reach me and I can even see there’s an obvious distance between the peak of his weapon swing and me, but he still gets a hit.

Also flinching seems to be getting more annoyingly random now. A lot of the time I hit people during their windup and they still get to finish their attack whereas I often flinch when hit during my actual swing.

• 3 questions, 1 answer: lag

• @AngryDave:

Also flinching seems to be getting more annoyingly random now. A lot of the time I hit people during their windup and they still get to finish their attack whereas I often flinch when hit during my actual swing.

I can’t speak for the other issues you’ve been having but I might be able to help on this one. Now, if someone knows better, please correct me. I’ve found that if you want to interrupt an attack, you need to be hitting them sooner. The further they are along in their windup, the more likely they’ll finish the swing.

• If you hit them and they still attack you, it means you were too late yes, you hit them during release instead of windup.

• ^ Not necessarily true, one of the most annoying strategies that is becoming more and more common is abusing the lack of idle flinch. What I mean is, knights can purposely take a hit and immediately attack right as your hit lands, and now that you are in your recovery animation you can’t parry it in time. Hopefully it’s fixed next patch so damage causes flinching on idle targets, not just people winding up an attack.

• The lack of idle flinch is a separate issue; the OP is talking about hitting people who are mid swing, but swings are separated into different animations: the windup (or combo windup), release and recovery. Flinches currently only occur during the windup state, so hitting people during their release will not stop them from hitting you.

• About weapon range, a few of them are a little off. For instance, get a regular javelin and go close to a wall. Then start stabbing and move a little closer. The jav will almost be up to the wood in the wall before it hits. Several other weapons’ hit range are too short as well.

Kind of minor, but an annoyance in a fight.