Chivalry DLC?

• How is the game going to continue being profitable if the devs are eating a lot of their returns to make new content? A game that is B2P that has continued to have patch support and new content basically must make some DLC to keep the revenue coming, unless the game goes open sourced, F2P, and the devs work on the game for free like how AoC functioned. I’m just wondering what kind of DLC could we expect?

New maps, new weapons, new game modes? I think WotR has a decent business model in that even if the game goes F2P, which is likely at this point, the game could continue to be profitable by them selling weapons in a similar way LoL sells champions.

• I’ll go ahead and probably commit a feaux pas by saying that I wouldn’t mind a purchasable weapon unlock pack. Maybe different armor skins/helm skins. You get the idea there.

Why? 'Cause most of the weapons at the start are very viable, and the unlocked ones aren’t always better.

• Nothing tied to gameplay will ever be paid content.

• @SlyGoat:

Nothing tied to gameplay will ever be paid content.

Any chance of appearance packages?

• i think that was implied as a possibility

• I figured, but I was mostly hoping to get hints on what might be coming in terms of that.

• @Butterbeard:

I figured, but I was mostly hoping to get hints on what might be coming in terms of that.

Hatselmets. ;)

• @Butterbeard:

I’ll go ahead and probably commit a feaux pas by saying that I wouldn’t mind a purchasable weapon unlock pack. Maybe different armor skins/helm skins. You get the idea there.

Why? 'Cause most of the weapons at the start are very viable, and the unlocked ones aren’t always better.

Don’t need unlocked weaponry for a few reasons:

1. Fan base isn’t big enough yet
    2. Experienced level 20+ players running around with better weapons killing newbies is just going to kill the game

I’m all for unlocked garments or maybe the ability to choose the colour of your weapons, would be sweet. However, I am stronly against any kind of unlockables that would give you an advantage over your opponent. Defeats the purpose of learning to play the game and will just end up as a spamfest.

• I can only confirm veteran helmets right now. Once they’re implemented, anyone who unlocks every weapon for a specific class will receive a veteran helmet for that class.

• That’s cool.

• What about as a DLC, a helmet designer?

You unlock different parts of a helmet as you progress up the levels. Would be really sweet seeing some mad viking-style horns mixed with some kinda badass kabuto samurai deal.

• The devs have explicitly stated that all DLC will be entirely free.

• @Sir:

The devs have explicitly stated that all DLC will be entirely free.

All gameplay DLCs. I would support the sale of cosmetics, personally.

• @suge1w:

What about as a DLC, a helmet designer?

You unlock different parts of a helmet as you progress up the levels. Would be really sweet seeing some mad viking-style horns mixed with some kinda badass kabuto samurai deal.

I like this idea. Probably a bit too complex though considering all the elements they’re already juggling, at least to see it any time soon.

• @theuprising:

How is the game going to continue being profitable if the devs are eating a lot of their returns to make new content?

Simple: more content creates more potential new customers.

Like how I got interested in Mount&Blade: I heard about the freaking amount of mods and thought I should give it a try.