Protect the king!

• One of my first games on chivalry was on the map throneroom and we had to murder the king. How do I find this type of game again? I have been trying but have found none.

Also, why cant I create a game on the map throneroom? Why is it missing from the list? i imagine all i need to do is find a game in throne room on team objective?

• killing the king is the last objective on stoneshill. You never saw it again because attackers have a very hard job on this map and the killing the king is the last objective. The objective right before the king (ramming down the castle door) can only be done if mason is vastly superior to agatha.

• That’s not a type of game on itself. It’s part of a map that has multiple objective, and killing the king is the last one.

1st objective - Kill the peasants/burn the houses (or defend them depending on the team)
    2nd objective - “drive” the Ram to the door and drop it (or prevent it)
    3rd - Kill The King (or defend).

• Thank you very much for the explaination!

• Imo, this needs to be made a gametype. It’s pretty awesome.

• @Frontal:

Imo, this needs to be made a gametype. It’s pretty awesome.

I’m pretty sure that we’ll see more maps with this as an objective in them since the Mason leader is in the game files already.

• @ReMixx:

I’m pretty sure that we’ll see more maps with this as an objective in them since the Mason leader is in the game files already.

I hope so. By the looks of things the ‘storyline’ ends when the Agathian soldiers attack the Mason held keep. You bust down the gate, and then the game ends. I’d love to see a map that makes you fight through the streets, into the keep proper, and kill the Mason General.

• As a rule of thumb, you will see more of the map the less archers attackers have :o

• Speaking of killing the king, that map needs some serious adjustment. An Agatha team that knows what they’re doing is pretty much unbeatable with the King crouching behind a couple of tower shields and a wall of archers and vanguards. The King should be forced to move around in some way.

• @Swayze’s:

Speaking of killing the king, that map needs some serious adjustment. An Agatha team that knows what they’re doing is pretty much unbeatable with the King crouching behind a couple of tower shields and a wall of archers and vanguards. The King should be forced to move around in some way.

Fire pots can help with that.

• Never seen a mason victory on this map yet. Had a game last night where the king just f*cking crouched down by the spawn point so always had about 8+ players around him. Impossible cus you kill an agatha and he spawns right by the king’s side.

• Legend tells… of a myth of a story of a tale fabled narrative… shrouded in darkness…
    Of a man, of a man who with one strike had killed his highness… And them vanguards…
    From the place where shadow lies, from the corner of your eye, you can see them fire pots out of nowhere…

• It doesn’t happen too often, but I’ve seen mason victories on this map a few times. It tends to happen when the attacking side gets organised enough to attack en masse rather than letting players trickle through a few at a time (who get easily overwhelmed).

• @ReMixx:

Okay I’ve seen this in game too and I can’t understand. Why exactly are fire pots so effective against the king?

• @suge1w:

Never seen a mason victory on this map yet.

I’ve seen just as much Mason wins as Agatha ones.

@Swayze’s:

Speaking of killing the king, that map needs some serious adjustment. An Agatha team that knows what they’re doing is pretty much unbeatable with the King crouching behind a couple of tower shields and a wall of archers and vanguards. The King should be forced to move around in some way.

He’s not unbeatable, you need coordination, just like the Agatha team. Rush him together. If your team is going in waves, instead of forcing a joint assault, of course you’ll never do it.

Fire pots are a great tactical tool, often these are used to remove the health of a single player. If you do that, you’re using them wrong. Firepots are meant for area denial and to split a cluster apart. (Perfect for final stage on Stoneshill)

Stoneshill is fine as it is. Too many players whining these days about make this easier, make that easier, just because you don’t succeed in the first couple of times. Adapting your strategy might be a good idea for starters. There’s still something called effort. Achieving a purpose is only that more fun when you actually put some (proper) effort into it.

• @RushSecond:

@ReMixx:

Okay I’ve seen this in game too and I can’t understand. Why exactly are fire pots so effective against the king?