Rules & Tweaks

• @Vox:

how would just killing each other have more strategy then a game where you have to complete a map objective?

i come from a game where u play 2o2 or 3o3 saber only in esl (jedi knight).
    im just saying backstab, map awareness, placement etc.
    and teamwork+strategy > all.

still i think archers shouldnt be allowed, since a team can just run 50% archers on a good spot and the opponent team will ragequit. i would.
    and now pls dont tell me u can dodge every arrow ;)
    imo it woudl be more fun and more skill dependant if we would play without archers.

• still i think archers shouldnt be allowed, since a team can just run 50% archers on a good spot and the opponent team will ragequit. i would.

50% archers will lose every single time, honestly. Feel free to find 7 friends and we’re happy test it with you in an 8v8, even on US servers.

• @Martin:

It’s a team based game when it comes to competitive play, not 8 separate 1v1s in an 8v8. Knights won’t get nerfed to have the same armour as Vanguards because they are designed to be that way. It’s up to us to create our own rules for competitive play, and the 50% rule works nicely, in fact, we’ve just done an 8v8 in RK with the 50% rule and the match was a lot of fun, featuring all 4 classes too.

I agree. Vanquish has used it in a couple of matches and the 50% rule works just like it did in aoc. It makes for a very balanced and strategic match.

• @cptdno:

still i think archers shouldnt be allowed, since a team can just run 50% archers on a good spot and the opponent team will ragequit. i would.
    and now pls dont tell me u can dodge every arrow ;)
    imo it woudl be more fun and more skill dependant if we would play without archers.

Two shield knights just made your point moot for you, enjoy.

• Do people really believe these things about archers?

• bad players do, it’s kind of funny to read. if they can’t beat it they don’t want it in the game.

• @Vox:

bad players do, it’s kind of funny to read. if they can’t beat it they don’t want it in the game.

And again you missed the point

• totally :D

first rule of internet: everything is said to insult you
    second rule of internet: everyone is less skilled than you

this is why i get challanged to play on a NA server as a european
    and get called a bad player, just by pointing out that in my opinion archers are annoying.
    but maybe some of u love to get an arrow to their knees while successfully fighting 1on3 :D

• No, no one particularly enjoys getting picked off by an archer but that isn’t a justifiable reason to have them removed from competitive play.

EDIT: Really this is pointless, the way I see it the following is mandatory, the rest is up for discussion.

• @afiNity:

And again you missed the point

your point being archers are annoying? that’s not much of a point. even if you go up against a team made of 50% archers you have a very high chance of winning.

• should have quoted me, vox ;)

Carsha is right, by the way. archer stuff is MY opinion, but the things he listted are mandatory!

• There’s no way to disable Arrow Cam or fade dead players.

• @cptdno:

should have quoted me, vox ;)

Carsha is right, by the way. archer stuff is MY opinion, but the things he listted are mandatory!

sorry, you both have the same picture. still not much of a point though.

• @Martin:

There’s no way to disable Arrow Cam or fade dead players.

Which are just some of the reasons why this game isn’t truly ready competitive-wise.

• @Martin:

That’s something the developers can add to the game.

• @wildwulfy:

@Martin:

Indeed… and they should do it fast.

• considering it took them a month to get out this patch, i wouldn’t be expecting anything like that anytime soon.

• @afiNity:

@wildwulfy:

@Martin:

Indeed… and they should do it fast.

Well disabling arrowcam and fading dead players are a must for truly fair competitive play. I suppose for now teams can either use an honor code, or accept that both teams have essentially unlimited intelligence once players have died. I currently use death cam on LTS to help friends over VOIP watch for ambushes and hunt down players. I can only imagine how OP it would be with coordinated teams.

I disagree with class limits. Wait and see what’s OP before we impose arbitrary “strategic” limits. If am 8 player team has 5 good archer players and wants to roll 5 archers, they should be allowed to. At least for now. Once glaring imbalances are discovered then devs can fix class balance or rules can be implemented. For now the most important rules are related to fairness, not balance.

• The devs seriously need to make the demo-feature work…

• Agreed with all of them.
    What should be conisdered is a self kill option and wheter it is allowed or not. In some shooters it is common to self kill before the spawn time to get full health and ammo and also maybe avoid a kill by the enemy.