Blacklist for trolls

• Was playing Chivalry earlier today when some player (|ESF| Jones Bones) started spamming chat with racist comments while team-killing. No-one really paid any attention to him so he wasn’t very successful in trolling (btw there’s some sweet justice in that 8-) ). Nevertheless he continued to type racist stuff so I requested a votekick and he was gone soon after.

Whilst shooting arrows into my enemies I thought of an idea that could finally bring justice to trolls. Now, we all know that trolls feed on people’s responses and are only effective if given attention. Unfortunately newbies to online games may not get this right away, which is natural. Therefore I propose an idea to help deter the troll plague.

A simple list constantly updated containing known trolls. Yes, I realize the liklihood of players checking this list is slim to none, but maybe in the future we could incorporate this list with the *kickplayer feature.

I just don’t want this great community to go to shit like DayZ did.

-roy

• This community will never end up like DayZ because Chivalry is not focused around the immature adrenaline rush that comes from taking things from other people

• @Swayze’s:

This community will never end up like DayZ because Chivalry is not focused around the immature adrenaline rush that comes from taking things from other people

Nope, it’ll likely end up having a bunch’ve hairtrigger folk who scream at you for minor offenses, or beating them.

…Wait I think that’s already happened. Crap.