Shield bug annoying

• When you use shield and run out of stamina, then get hit/stunned, you cannot use the shield combo attack (Holding RMB then attacking)

You are forced to release the RMB, go into recovery of shield, then go into windup of your attack.

Does anyone know how to get out of this bug?

• oh god, this’ll make me sound like a bad, and it makes me feel like it, but i didnt know you could attack with the shield up :P

• @boomandvibe:

When you use shield and run out of stamina, then get hit/stunned, you cannot use the shield combo attack (Holding RMB then attacking)

You are forced to release the RMB, go into recovery of shield, then go into windup of your attack.

Does anyone know how to get out of this bug?

Yea, it’s a pretty huge bug. Haven’t found a way to fix it except for respawning.

• The same problem with shield bashing, sometimes cant while blocking.

Off topic: Is it just me, or does the pitchfork take away alot of stamina, per block. holy cow

• they HAVE to fix the shield bug… Often i have my shield up, and a maa just runs at me and hits me with the axe or mace, right through my shield. So fucking stupid. Whats the point of having a shield, pointed at an enemy weapon, and it does nothing?

• @Dragonzord:

they HAVE to fix the shield bug… Often i have my shield up, and a maa just runs at me and hits me with the axe or mace, right through my shield. So fucking stupid. Whats the point of having a shield, pointed at an enemy weapon, and it does nothing?

That’s not a shield bug. That happens because of your fault. I’m assuming maa ran up to you and did a sideswing, which means you didn’t look to your left far enough with the shield. Weapon tracer goes in a half circle you know. So if someone is up in your face, it can go around the block.

• @boomandvibe:

@Dragonzord:

they HAVE to fix the shield bug… Often i have my shield up, and a maa just runs at me and hits me with the axe or mace, right through my shield. So fucking stupid. Whats the point of having a shield, pointed at an enemy weapon, and it does nothing?

That’s not a shield bug. That happens because of your fault. I’m assuming maa ran up to you and did a sideswing, which means you didn’t look to your left far enough with the shield. Weapon tracer goes in a half circle you know. So if someone is up in your face, it can go around the block.

Stop…just…stop…Put your e-penis away, son.

ANd no, there is a hit bug of some sort. occassionally, attacks do get through blocks or parries (yes, i am aiming at the tip)

• @Mashuu:

ANd no, there is a hit bug of some sort. occassionally, attacks do get through blocks or parries (yes, i am aiming at the tip)

I like shaking my e-penis at people on internet. There is no rule against it.

And no, there isn’t a bug with blocks. I never in 200 hours of playing had an attack go THROUGH my block. They go AROUND my block.

• @boomandvibe:

@Mashuu:

And no, there isn’t a bug with blocks. I never in 200 hours of playing had an attack go THROUGH my block. They go AROUND my block.

200 hours?

Not much of a social life? Some of us need to work, cause mom and dad dont pay the bills.

• @boomandvibe:

@Mashuu:

I’m not one for arguing but just because you have played the game for 200 hours doesn’t mean you have encountered every bug. If that was the case, Torn Banner would hire you as their only play tester. Any way, i have had both the bugs mentioned here. The first is crucial that it gets fixed, the second is a minor bug and someone rare. Even a direct stab with shield centered can on VERY rare occasions go through the shield altogether.

Although in response to the above about the tracer, i think it would make more sense for the tracer to count a block if it comes into contact with the shield at the closest position to the opponent and then make the tracer extend right to the body of the opponent; that way even when both bodies almost clip through each other, the arm/weapon tracer will still hit the shield if it positioned in between the player and opponents in any significant way. Then the tracer damage could be modified at different locations to indicate sharpe objects and non-sharp objects (including the arm). Well, that’s how I’d imagine it working (only limited programming skills so i wont say anything about how that could be implemented).

• boomandvibe, are you trying to incite flamewars in every thread you visit today?

And Mashuu, it’s amusing you keep saying how bad the community is and go on to make comments like @Mashuu:

200 hours?

Not much of a social life? Some of us need to work, cause mom and dad dont pay the bills.

What happened to being a part of the solution instead of the problem?

Stop acting like children or you’ll have to sit in the corner.

• @SlyGoat:

boomandvibe, are you trying to incite flamewars in every thread you visit today?

And Mashuu, it’s amusing you keep saying how bad the community is and go on to make comments like @Mashuu:

200 hours?

What happened to being a part of the solution instead of the problem?

Stop acting like children or you’ll have to sit in the corner.

I’m sorry Slygoat. I am normally just not a troll but when someone throws comments like ‘‘I’m better than you’’ I can’t stand it. I don’t care if Im better than someone at a game, but I can’t stand it when some people think they are better than everyone else. I guess I could just ignore them though.

I won’t make dumb comments ever again.

• Is there any word on the RMB+attack bug? Its really doing my head in… i cannot duel well as at some point during the fight im unable to have my shield raised and attack at the same time.

I read on another post that to fix it you need to get hit on the shield then attack to ‘unbug’ it. It works but needless to say aint exactly cool mid fight =/

i tried rebinding, deleting ini files, reverted to older logitech software… now im trying a full reinstall.

it wasnt always like this.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

thanks n good day all

aLaN

• @MAD:

Is there any word on the RMB+attack bug? Its really doing my head in… i cannot duel well as at some point during the fight im unable to have my shield raised and attack at the same time.

I read on another post that to fix it you need to get hit on the shield then attack to ‘unbug’ it. It works but needless to say aint exactly cool mid fight =/

i tried rebinding, deleting ini files, reverted to older logitech software… now im trying a full reinstall.

thanks n good day all

aLaN

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it has been confirmed the fact that you can attack immediately with your shield up is the actual bug. Having to wait for your shield drop time was always the intended behavior of shields, and is why large shields have longer drop times, to make the small shields more offensive to compensate for the weaker defense.

• Attacks can definitely go around shields and it’s a good thing they do otherwise we would have so many turtle knights. When I play a knight I make sure to not let anyone get in my face as to avoid the sidewipe through shield. It’s not a bug, it’s a good mechanic to prevent turtling.

• @SlyGoat:

@MAD:

Is there any word on the RMB+attack bug? Its really doing my head in… i cannot duel well as at some point during the fight im unable to have my shield raised and attack at the same time.

thanks n good day all

aLaN

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it has been confirmed the fact that you can attack immediately with your shield up is the actual bug. Having to wait for your shield drop time was always the intended behavior of shields, and is why large shields have longer drop times, to make the small shields more offensive to compensate for the weaker defense.

This sounds fair, but the shield bugs in the op are real (I use a kite A LOT):

1. Sometimes, when hit on the shield hard, you can no longer swing from behind the shield. I don’t think it has anything to do with stamina. You have to drop the shield to be able to swing. You can raise the shield once again, and you still wont be able to swing from behind the shield. You can change weapons, put away the shield completely, bring it back up, raise it, and you still won’t be able to swing. The way to remedy this is to either get hit hard again, or kill someone (or respawn). This behavior doesn’t make a lot of sense and it’s probably a genuine bug.

2. This may not be a bug, but this happens consistently. If you run out of stamina and raise your shield, it acts as if it wasn’t there. There doesn’t seem to be an indication that the next enemy hit is going to get through, the shield appears to be up.

3. When you get hit hard, sometimes your shield is lowered automatically - this may be intentional. You have to manually raise the shield. But sometimes, and this may be a bug, the shield remains up but a hit will go through as if the shield was lowered on an earlier hit. One way to deal with this is to lower and re-raise the shield manually after every hit. This one needs more research.

Could please bring those up with the developers?
    Thanks.

• I can confirm there seems to be shield bug where you can’t attack when holding block for some reasons. I don’t know these reasons but this is quite serious for an shield-user.

• Ya know what’s amazing about the shield though. I know the bug you are talking about however there are some/lots on the servers where they can block and instantly attack right away all the time. I mean every time. I’m betting the way to fix it is like everyone else, bind the block+attack to 1 key. Other have a keys to just leave their shield up. Like that guy you spear in the back and yet some magical thing happened and he blocked it when he was blocking someone in front of him. The shield is really F’d up in this game and I hope they fix it.

I’d especially like to know how a guy blocks 5 or six guys attacking him with spears and longsword all at the same time. I’ve never had that happen to me. Probably another lame multi-action-keybind

And seriously dev guys remove the ability to bind 2 actions together. It’s cheap and it gives an unfair advantage.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.