Stop b*tching about archers!

• Seriously, getting really tiresome and boring on every server.

“WAAAHHHHHH, archers stole my lunch money!”

“WAAAAAHHHHH, f*ck archers!!”

“WAAAAHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHH WAHHHHH”

Learn to use a shield. Stop running straight. Learn to run diagonally.

If you do all these things you will notice that you will only get picked off by the very best archers on the game.

• Yeah! Screw archers!

I only use javelins

• “ARCHERS ARE SO OP”

• No, you are just bad, and you should feel bad.

• I agree, it’s really getting old. It’s just like people complaining about snipers in gun games. People don’t like it when something kills them unexpectedly. But it shouldn’t have been a surprise if they’d been paying attention to the battle field and properly avoided archer’s line of sight, used a shield, etc. I play archer about 50% of the time, and MaA most of the rest of the time, and I never have trouble with archers as MaA. People just need to learn to play.

• @Veltoss:

I agree, it’s really getting old. It’s just like people complaining about snipers in gun games. People don’t like it when something kills them unexpectedly.

I personally think this is not the case. People complain about snipers because snipers do not play the objective most of the time. They just sit on top of a far away hill taking potshots at people while the rest of us work our ass off to cap flags etc. BF3 comes to mind…

But it shouldn’t have been a surprise if they’d been paying attention to the battle field and properly avoided archer’s line of sight, used a shield, etc.

I play Vanguard most of the time. Use a shield how exactly? As a Vanguard it is very hard to approach a good archer as he only needs one headshot or two bodyshots to take me down. If there is more than one archer I won’t even bother because it is suicide.

People just need to learn to play.

Blanket statement. If avoiding arrows is so easy why do so many people complain about archers? And why do so many people play archer if avoiding their arrows is as easy as you claim it to be?

• Meh, archers ain’t op, they die in one hit.

• If someone is bitching around with archers just let him do whatever he wants,but I admit there are cases people get personal and disrespectful.I play as vanguard and I assure you that I know very well by the time I spot an archer how to kill him and avoid his arrows,but most archers are really annoying in my opinion and (no offense) cowards in many cases.They just stand back and snipe as if they play css without caring about missions that many times my team lost especially when you are an attacker,because they are useless many times and they do nothing just standing behind and they kill you just when you are in the middle of a battle which is really annoying.I mean…the whole feeling of this game and correct me if I’m wrong is experience the heat of a medieval battle and be right in the middle of it.Surely you will need tactics and stuff like that,but…archer guys…don’t pick up archers all the time just because you want to be safe because in most cases,in my opinion,they are opportunists and all they do is ruin the game hiding back and cowardly look for some kills and nothing else.By the way,most of the times they have the worst score (except some few players that have some skills) and none can prove me wrong with that…I provoke anyone to connect to the first server he finds now and have a look.So if you are an archer,just do what you have to do and don’t be a weakling standing in the backround,go to the heat of the battle when you have to…!!!

• @AgentOrange:

I play Vanguard most of the time. Use a shield how exactly? As a Vanguard it is very hard to approach a good archer as he only needs one headshot or two bodyshots to take me down. If there is more than one archer I won’t even bother because it is suicide.

Well Archers are pretty much the counter class to Vanguards - Vanguards can’t use shields so they’re vulnerable to ranged attacks, and Vanguards are weakest to Piercing damage, which the majority of Archer weapons deal.

Counters exist in games for a reason.

Archers are countered by shield-bearing Knights and MaA with no way to properly counter them (without relying on them being bad at the game, of course)

The answer to “How do I counter Archers as a Vanguard?” is the same as the answer to “How do I counter large shield users as an Archer” and “How do I counter CounterToX as X?” – You don’t. You either change classes or try to avoid being engaged by enemies whose equipment counters yours.

• @Dibbz:

The answer to “How do I counter Archers as a Vanguard?” is the same as the answer to “How do I counter large shield users as an Archer” and “How do I counter CounterToX as X?” – You don’t. You either change classes or try to avoid being engaged by enemies whose equipment counters yours.

Yes I understand this. The reason I made the comment was because one poster said that everybody that dies to archers needs to learn to play. Obviously this is not the case.

• Sorry, I just find it lame standing anywhere in the map and firing arrows at guys who have the guts to battle it out face to face ^^

I don’t like archers but they are somehow part of the genre so I guess, I have to tolerate them. But if half of the enemy team contains of archers the game just sucks. I want to have epic sword fight action and not being shot at the whole time.

• @johnk17:

If someone is bitching around with archers just let him do whatever he wants,but I admit there are cases people get personal and disrespectful.I play as vanguard and I assure you that I know very well by the time I spot an archer how to kill him and avoid his arrows,but most archers are really annoying in my opinion and (no offense) cowards in many cases.They just stand back and snipe as if they play css without caring about missions that many times my team lost especially when you are an attacker,because they are useless many times and they do nothing just standing behind and they kill you just when you are in the middle of a battle which is really annoying.I mean…the whole feeling of this game and correct me if I’m wrong is experience the heat of a medieval battle and be right in the middle of it.Surely you will need tactics and stuff like that,but…archer guys…don’t pick up archers all the time just because you want to be safe because in most cases,in my opinion,they are opportunists and all they do is ruin the game hiding back and cowardly look for some kills and nothing else.By the way,most of the times they have the worst score (except some few players that have some skills) and none can prove me wrong with that…I provoke anyone to connect to the first server he finds now and have a look.So if you are an archer,just do what you have to do and don’t be a weakling standing in the backround,go to the heat of the battle when you have to…!!!

Rubbish. Archers are generally there to counter opposition archers because unless you have a team full of knights, you aren’t going to take them down. Ranged attacks are actually quite important for game modes like king of the hill when you need to clear an area that has 4/5 enemies quickly. A skilled archer can take out 3 by himself with some tasty headshots.

The only thing you have to be wary of with archery is the bitch lone knights/vanguards that figure out that flanking you and creeping up your rear like a fairy is the way to rack up easy kills. That’s why I move as much as I can when I have the bow.

Your point about archers not having good scores and always been near the bottom is absolute horseshit. I don’t pretend to be a great archer but i’ve been in the top 5 in my team pretty much 70% of the time.

One thing that really annoys me though is when members of your own team move across into your line of sight at the last second, usually about 0.1 seconds after you’ve fired. Nothing they can do about it just really annoying.

• Really it’s not TB’s fault that archers are annoying to everyone on both teams. Really the problem is that 80% of archers play the class completely wrong, by staying waaay in the back and trying to be a sniper. Projectile speed is slow enough that you have to put yourself near the fight to have some semblance of control over who you hit. The archers that top the charts (including myself as a javelin main) do so by getting close to the fight and aim for certain kills, and then being good enough at melee to survive and get more kills when enemies switch focus to them.

@Dibbz:

This actually wasn’t intended to be true, as Vanguards theoretically can use smoke pots to screw up archers’ line of sight. In practice though, smoke pots are just plain bad because they take too long to throw and the smoke doesn’t last very long. Buffing smoke pots would be a huge step toward making vanguards viable.

• @Siegbert:

Sorry, I just find it lame standing anywhere in the map and firing arrows at guys who have the guts to battle it out face to face ^^

I don’t like archers but they are somehow part of the genre so I guess, I have to tolerate them. But if half of the enemy team contains of archers the game just sucks. I want to have epic sword fight action and not being shot at the whole time.

Ooohh yeah,Siegbert of the Holy Roman Empire I assume,that’s right.Epic sword fights and stuff like that is the s :o t in this game.You feel me so much…!!!

• I’m glad some people are finally figuring out archers are not snipers and should be much closer to the action than the majority choose to be.

• @suge1w:

@johnk17:

If someone is bitching around with archers just let him do whatever he wants,but I admit there are cases people get personal and disrespectful.I play as vanguard and I assure you that I know very well by the time I spot an archer how to kill him and avoid his arrows,but most archers are really annoying in my opinion and (no offense) cowards in many cases.They just stand back and snipe as if they play css without caring about missions that many times my team lost especially when you are an attacker,because they are useless many times and they do nothing just standing behind and they kill you just when you are in the middle of a battle which is really annoying.I mean…the whole feeling of this game and correct me if I’m wrong is experience the heat of a medieval battle and be right in the middle of it.Surely you will need tactics and stuff like that,but…archer guys…don’t pick up archers all the time just because you want to be safe because in most cases,in my opinion,they are opportunists and all they do is ruin the game hiding back and cowardly look for some kills and nothing else.By the way,most of the times they have the worst score (except some few players that have some skills) and none can prove me wrong with that…I provoke anyone to connect to the first server he finds now and have a look.So if you are an archer,just do what you have to do and don’t be a weakling standing in the backround,go to the heat of the battle when you have to…!!!

Rubbish. Archers are generally there to counter opposition archers because unless you have a team full of knights, you aren’t going to take them down. Ranged attacks are actually quite important for game modes like king of the hill when you need to clear an area that has 4/5 enemies quickly. A skilled archer can take out 3 by himself with some tasty headshots.

The only thing you have to be wary of with archery is the bitch lone knights/vanguards that figure out that flanking you and creeping up your rear like a fairy is the way to rack up easy kills. That’s why I move as much as I can when I have the bow.

Your point about archers not having good scores and always been near the bottom is absolute horseshit. I don’t pretend to be a great archer but i’ve been in the top 5 in my team pretty much 70% of the time.

One thing that really annoys me though is when members of your own team move across into your line of sight at the last second, usually about 0.1 seconds after you’ve fired. Nothing they can do about it just really annoying.

First of all show some respect if you have some left…Now,you have no serious arguments about what you say.It is a fact that archers are useless many times in the game and they are not needed,at least in big numbers.By the way,cover who dude,you do that in cases and not all the time.They tk me so many times cause I’m in the middle of a FREAKIN BATTLE AND YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO FIRE THEN!!!A real example is when I was fighting in the stage,where you destroy trebs and we had like 7 freakin archers out of 12 players trying to do what dude,cover us when we are supposed to go and destroy them trebs by sticking together…HOW ARE THEY GOING TO KILL THE KNIGHTS GUARDING THEM WITH SHIELDS!!!Argue that smart boy…Simple things you see.I don’t say they are not needed at all,but sometimes you have to go for it.I doubt that there are many good archers out there and as far as I know only skilled archers with mostly high levels make it to top 3 or 5 (it depends on what kind of players you play with).It’s also a joke that archers clear an area quickly,even you don’t believe that,cmon gimme a break man.Also don’t call knights and vanguards that know how to kill you anyway bitches,if they are flanking or you just can’t get them,BECAUSE YOU STAND BACK LIKE A COWARD TRYING TO SNIPE WHEN THEY DONT SEE YOU!!!

• @Siegbert:

I’d just settle for not being peppered with arrows by my own team who think they’re good enough to steal kills in the middle of a fight. They rarely are, and I end up a human pincushion because someone was desperate to unlock that oh-so-precious warbow or whatever. For some reason this irritates me far more than when I’m TK’d by a melee class - I suppose it’s because archers usually have the option to pick another target if players have already engaged them.

Like someone else said, though - that’s an example of the class being played poorly, not a problem with the class itself. I’m not a fan of the class, I understand why it’s there, but I don’t really ‘get’ it, but that’s just me - plenty of other people like what archers add to the game. I do get a bit annoyed in TO when I’m dropped into a team of archers as the attacking side, but you get similar problems with any class based multiplayer game. Perils of playing in public servers, I guess :D

• John, learn the game before you go waffling on about archers you moron.

First of all show some respect if you have some left…Now,you have no serious arguments about what you say.It is a fact that archers are useless many times in the game and they are not needed,at least in big numbers.

You ask me to show respect yet you are slating an entire class and everyone who has trained to be a good archer. Some knights just swing and swing in battles and dont care who they kill, even members on their team. Should I group all of these players together and rip apart that class? No because I know that it’s only a few bad players that let the majority down. You are only bitching because you havent figured out how to defend yourself against archers properly yet. I’ll go out on a limb and guess that you get killed by archers all the time?

Saying that they are useless in game is ludicrous.

They tk me so many times cause I’m in the middle of a FREAKIN BATTLE AND YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO FIRE THEN!!!

Actually, they are. Are they supposed to sit back and watch the battle unfold? What if you’re outnumbered 3 to 1, archers shouldn’t fire just in case they hit you, yeah? I agree in essence that archers should only fire if they have a clean line of sight but you can’t take into account the random movement of team mates at all.

The rest of your post I can’t be bothered with because it is just the same type of nonsense.

• @johnk17:

Ooohh yeah,Siegbert of the Holy Roman Empire I assume,that’s right.Epic sword fights and stuff like that is the s :o t in this game.You feel me so much…!!!

Actually no, but I’ve considered to join them. I used to be part of the Deutschritter Clan if you heard about them.

• @suge1w:

John, learn the game before you go waffling on about archers you moron.

First of all show some respect if you have some left…Now,you have no serious arguments about what you say.It is a fact that archers are useless many times in the game and they are not needed,at least in big numbers.

You ask me to show respect yet you are slating an entire class and everyone who has trained to be a good archer. Some knights just swing and swing in battles and dont care who they kill, even members on their team. Should I group all of these players together and rip apart that class? No because I know that it’s only a few bad players that let the majority down. You are only bitching because you havent figured out how to defend yourself against archers properly yet. I’ll go out on a limb and guess that you get killed by archers all the time?

Saying that they are useless in game is ludicrous.

@2bers1rc:

They tk me so many times cause I’m in the middle of a FREAKIN BATTLE AND YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO FIRE THEN!!!

Actually, they are. Are they supposed to sit back and watch the battle unfold? What if you’re outnumbered 3 to 1, archers shouldn’t fire just in case they hit you, yeah? I agree in essence that archers should only fire if they have a clean line of sight but you can’t take into account the random movement of team mates at all.

The rest of your post I can’t be bothered with because it is just the same type of nonsense.

Ok,i didn’t call anybody a bitch,a moron or what he says is rubbish so you are disrespectful and DON"T PUT WORDS I DIDN"T WRITE OR DON"T PUT THEM THE WAY YOU LIKE.I never said they are useless but useless many times and I said other things as well but I understand that you try to do your best to even convince yourself as a retarded to talk your way then.

Well the truth is that you can’t really answer to my arguments that is why you don’t want to write about some things and as I can see you talk rubbish and the majority of players agree that archers are annoying and a big trouble.

So,if you want it this way you piece of s!@# ,WATCH WHAT I WROTE AND THEN WRITE BULLSHIT!!!

In case there is someone alone against 3,an archer should help,I never said the opposite.If Knights as you say keep swinging all the time killing mates,they just don’t know how to fight if they do that all the time cause once or even two can happen to anyone when he is TO THE MIDDLE OF THE BATTLE…OH SORRY YOU DONT KNOW THAT CAUSE YOU ARE AFRAID TO FIGHT A BATTLE AS A STANDING BACK ARCHER!!!

Actually,I don’t complain about anything but not RUINING THE BATTLES.You are the one that complains,you posted this thread and you complained about knights and vanguards killing you,something I didn’t.AS I SAID BEFORE LET ME PUT IT THIS THIS WAY SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND AS A RETARDED YOU ARE,THAT I DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEM KILLING ARCHERS,I DO THAT ALL THE TIME,I DONT WANT THEM TO RUIN THE GAME ALL THE TIME.

NOW HAVE A NICE SEX WITH YOUR HAND…I AM SO SURE YOU ARE GOOD AT THAT…