Auto-kick users who reach certain ping

• Should be a server option if it isn’t already. Have it set at intervals like 150 ping, 200 ping, 250 ping, ect. and make sure all official servers have it set to 200 ping.

• 200? Why? Hightest I suggest would be 150… Everything above gets really annoying.
    Why would anyone want play on a server with such a bad ping anyway?
    So help him find the exit… easy.

• 150 is still playable, we’ve gone over to the east coast US servers before (~100-120 ping UK, ~130-180 rest of EU) and had some success. 200 is a decent limit I think and what I’d consider adding to our servers too.

I believe a ping limit will be added eventually (entirely customisable), but I don’t think it will be added to the Official servers though.

• Certainly agree with limiting ping. 150 really should be an absolute max.

And perhaps a pop-up “Warning: High ping makes the game crap. Proceed?” message in the server browser for people who choose servers above 150. ;)

• @Martin:

200 is a decent limit I think and what I’d consider adding to our servers too.

No, it is not.
    The servers are filled with ~200 ping monkeys already, so what would that change?

• Make it 250, I still want to be able to own people from overseas…

• That’s lame ……im yet to play online but ive had this happen to me on bfbc2…its a bit steep when australia doesnt have as many game servers and people set ping limits…for starters this game isnt on sale in australia much less getting exposure even the retail shops have no knowledge of the game existing…i understand high pings can get annoying but spare a thought for people like myself that probably wont have a local server to join…at least mention on ya server low ping players only or something

• @William:

200? Why? Hightest I suggest would be 150… Everything above gets really annoying.
    Why would anyone want play on a server with such a bad ping anyway?
    So help him find the exit… easy.

Ping fluxuates for some people, I know on AOC mine was always just around 150 so I got kicked constantly when it lagged just a little bit more. 200 is reasonable.

• How is it even possible to get a ping around 100+? I never have a higher ping than 90 and if, Im just on the wrong server and pick a new one.

I understand the trouble for Aussies, though, that really sucks.

• To restate what Martin said, when the server side option of an autokick for high pings is added it will not be included on official servers, so everyone will still have a place to play regardless of their location or connection, but those who want a more steady ping environment will have options of playing on ping-capped servers.

• @SlyGoat:

To restate what Martin said, when the server side option of an autokick for high pings is added it will not be included on official servers, so everyone will still have a place to play regardless of their location or connection, but those who want a more steady ping environment will have options of playing on ping-capped servers.

Yay, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-WHW-QNswE song for Dev team… lol

• The more ping you have the harder is to kill you. So the pìng cap should be extrict, like 150.
    Anyway why would you want to play with high ping? You won’t block properly, you won’t attack properly… There is no point, all you do is ruin your and the rest of the peoples experience/immersion.

• @SlyGoat:

To restate what Martin said, when the server side option of an autokick for high pings is added it will not be included on official servers, so everyone will still have a place to play regardless of their location or connection, but those who want a more steady ping environment will have options of playing on ping-capped servers.

There’s enough official servers around the world, if I’m not mistaken, so that they could find one below 200 ping without hurting everyone else and still have a place to go.

• For Custom servers YES!
    For Official servers NO!

I agree with Martin
    Because my net is getto!

• People with ghetto nets should be forced to play on custom servers, not the other way around. I don’t want to be punished because your net sucks.

• I have never struggled against a High Ping player, not enough to find them annoying anyway.

250 Ping is playable, the reason I would want to play with High Ping is there aren’t enough Clans if “any” in Australia!

• @SOC:

People with ghetto nets should be forced to play on custom servers, not the other way around. I don’t want to be punished because your net sucks.

When this comes out, just make ur own sever, that “Auto-kicks high ping”(AKA Custom server)
    (Official severs are ment 4the general population) It would defeat the purpose of official severs, because in GENERAL/REALISTICALLY people dont all have perfect internet/connection. like me for example. ;)

Cant wait for the new patches, peeps from Torn Banner thank u.

• @Rodelero:

@SOC:

People with ghetto nets should be forced to play on custom servers, not the other way around. I don’t want to be punished because your net sucks.

When this comes out, just make ur own sever, that “Auto-kicks high ping”(AKA Custom server)
    (Official severs are ment 4the general population) It would defeat the purpose of official severs, because in GENERAL/REALISTICALLY people dont all have perfect internet/connection. like me for example. ;)

Again, you’re telling me to be punished for your bad net by forcing me to go out and buy new servers just because you won’t go play on an official server that has a reasonable ping for you. There’s official servers all over the world, I’m sure there’s one for everyone around 100 ping. Just stay out of the 200+ ping ones and stop ruining their experience.

• @SOC:

@Rodelero:

@SOC:

Again, you’re telling me to be punished for your bad net by forcing me to go out and buy new servers just because you won’t go play on an official server that has a reasonable ping for you. There’s official servers all over the world, I’m sure there’s one for everyone around 100 ping. Just stay out of the 200+ ping ones and stop ruining their experience.

Trying to say your being punished for someone else’s Internet is not the case, it is about being fair to everyone.

Would you like it if the road authorities said, “sorry buddy you cant drive here, these roads are for fast cars only…”?

• @Salesgun4Hire:

Trying to say your being punished for someone else’s Internet is not the case, it is about being fair to everyone.

Would you like it if the road authorities said, “sorry buddy you cant drive here, these roads are for fast cars only…”?

That is common practice. In Germany you are only allowed to drive on the Autobahn if your car can drive at least 60 km/h, the same goes for Austria and in Swiss it’s about 80 km/h. So bad example.

High ping players are ruining every online game and should be forced to join appropriate servers. We just need to find out what the limit should be. I’d say between 120 and 150, but I’m not quite sure.