EU 1v1 Duel Tournament by MedievalTV

• Greetings everyone!

The voting you see there, its about voting what map will be used on the tournament:
    Arena

• Spikes
    • Pit
    • Fire
    • Atmoshpehere
    • Obstacles

Moor

• Ultimate FPS
    • Beautiful
    • Better for archer play

1 vs 1 = DUEL tournament by MedievalTV.com Will be held in 1. and 2. of December. Many things have been changed since the beta tournament so please read the whole tournament information page from our website before signing up!

There is price pool for the tournament and anyone can donate to it by chipping-in! The servers used for the tournament are located in Europe, so if you are from Aasia or North America, you will join in your own responsibility and with a bad ping.

Full details as always from our webpage:
    http://www.medievaltv.com/index.php/duel/7-2

You can read basic tournament rules from here:
    http://www.medievaltv.com/index.php/duel/4-1v1-tournament-rules

• In the past, we’ve found doing a best of 3 and only having 2 people duel at a time takes an unnecessary amount of time, so doing a best of 13 is going to be considerably worse. It may be an idea to instead do it on an FFA map, and have multiple duels going at the same time to speed things up, plus the casters (or any spectators) get to comment on (or see) multiple fights and not have to get bored between matches and when two shield users come up against each other, lol.

• @Martin:

In the past, we’ve found doing a best of 3 and only having 2 people duel at a time takes an unnecessary amount of time, so doing a best of 13 is going to be considerably worse. It may be an idea to instead do it on an FFA map, and have multiple duels going at the same time to speed things up, plus the casters (or any spectators) get to comment on (or see) multiple fights and not have to get bored between matches and when two shield users come up against each other, lol.

Well we will have multiple servers where 2 players fight at the same time and each server will have referee so things are speeded up that way.

• Sorry Martin but I cannot even imagine that anyone could make a FFA tournament… or anything FFA related included in a duel tournament. So no =)… we will do a simple normal LTS game… and one simple LTS game is default 7 wins = bo13… its not too long, usually 15 minutes.

EDIT There was 12 participants already before posting this thread…. 8-)

• ARENA… a very big peace of shit that map… ( too many people than map tun bad, with graphiclag ) what about MOOR?

• I agree with Richi, perhaps wait with the Arena map until they have reduced the crowd on it or something?

• before tournament start we get a path

• @Richi:

ARENA… a very big peace of shit that map… ( too many people than map tun bad, with graphiclag ) what about MOOR?

Different versions of Arena map works differently, and I have no lag on LTS Arena 1v1 at all. Maybe you have been in a crowded Arena KOTH map, what lags hugely as it is not yet optimized like LTS version?

And the patch should be here before the tournament which should increase the performance in Arena map aswell, so it should not be a problem.

We used MOOR in our beta 1v1 tournament and it was fine. BUT the Arena map gives much more variety on dueling, because there is obstacles where you can hit your massive weapon, or you can take cover from a obstacle… you can kick your enemy to the pit or knock back enemy to spikes with heavy weapon.

So I think the Arena map is much more pleasant to the stream viewers to watch than the MOOR map, which is bit too big and boring map for 1v1 purposes. But agreed it has super performance.

We can discuss about the map after the patch is released so we can think if the Arena map performance is good enough for the duel tournament =)

• I played that map on all modes, LTS, FFA and KOTH… and same “lag”, I hope what after patch this will be fixed.

• The patch improved the FPS on Tournament Arena map, but I still let you guys decide.
    This thread has vote ARENA or MOOR! 5 days time to vote.

Arena

• Spikes
    • Pit
    • Fire
    • Atmoshpehere
    • Obstacles

Moor

• Ultimate FPS
    • Beautiful
    • Better for archer play

Please vote and comment about this !

• I’d like to be added to group B of tournament. I won’t make it on time for group A.

• Ok, I will try to get you to group B… Like Turtwiggy too.

• Map vote ends next night… and signups will be closed tomorrow!

• Brackets are made, you can view them here. http://images.challonge.com/MedievalTV-1v1tourney2.png

Upper-half of the upperbracket … A to O is called Group A
    Lower-half of the upperbracket … P to AD is called Group B
    Lowest part is called lowerbracket aka. “losers bracket” where you go if you lose a match, but you can still get to the finals from there.

• Is it possible to switch me to group B since I can’t make it in time for group A?

• Awesome tournament, big thanks to Shot(by)Gun for organising this tournament and congratulations to Wolfy on winning the tournament!

• Excellent job guys, an all-RK final just as I had hoped ;)

• Thanks everyone! It was pleasure =)

This time tournament went much smoother than previous tournaments!
    We increased servers and many of games were played in third party servers so that helped too =) We also decreased LTS rounds for qualification and lower-bracket games to make games shorter what made things much faster as well.

We were also more aggressive on disqualifying people for “no show” situations, but we learned that we need to decrease wait time from a hour to half an hour.

On livestream no-one told me that my mic was too loud :( so sorry for that. And twitch lagged for some people as usual. But overall it went fine :p

**Europe 2012 Duel Championship winners by MedievalTV

RK | Wolfy - Gold
    RK | dnotol - Silver
    BraveOne - Bronze

Congratulations!

Watch all the VODs from here! http://www.twitch.tv/medievaltv/videos