Votekick abuse and trolls

• Please chivalry community, stop clicking yes on each votekick you see. Some of them are lame trolling attempt. Try to inform yourself before pressing ‘‘yes’’.

It’s becoming extremely annoying. It happened me twice today where I got banned simply because one crackhead didn’t like my name (who wasn’t offensive in any way).

I’m also asking Thorn Banner to limit the votekick so that only Team Killers can be votekicked by normal players.
    Of course admins should still votekick people who are spamming chat… But normal players should be limited to Obvious TKer votekick.

It’s really frustrating to being kicked from when you haven’t done anything wrong.

• A good option, is it takes 5 people to actually go into the console and enter the votekick in order to start it. So it alerts people 1 person tried, in which case others would ask why they did this. (works for tf2). If good reasons are given then other people go to console to get the 5 votekicks required to actually start a vote.

• In my experience votekick function is working well. When one pops up people ask for reasons. And if there are none, or they are bs, they vote no. Still have to play in a server where people kick someone for free. More than once someone tried to kick me because I was repeatedly killing him. Other players realized it was stupid and voted no. I started a single votekick today, for a person who was teamkilling with a balista on purpose. I provided a good reason and the vote passed. I am actually surprised how well the community is acting. The 5 people needed to start a votekick sounds like an useless thing to me. Players doesn’t press Insert randomly. If something is not clear it’s always a no.

• server admins have the ability to choose the legth of time that a player is voted on as well the legth of time the same player makes a vote, alter it and it ends this issue.

• @dirtyjob:

server admins have the ability to choose the legth of time that a player is voted on as well the legth of time the same player makes a vote, alter it and it ends this issue.

Well apparently NOT because the issue is still there. I’ve been playing all days and most vote ends up with YES, and most of the time the people targeted are completely innocent.

Players on the servers were all joking about it, because none of the vote actually ended with ‘‘NO’’

I even tried to votekick my friend, without giving any reason (he was the Guinea Pig) and ‘‘YES’’ always passed.

I don’t see what is wrong with limiting vote kick to target team killer only. Not imposing this limitation is asking for trouble :
    -Players that get kicked because they are '‘too good’ and make some kids rage

• Players that argue with other players in chat
    • Random player that gets targeted by random trolls for the sake of trolling
      […]

• I completely agree with vote kicking being abused, it happens to me way to fucking often by trolls when I’m 99.9% of the time innocent. (Ex: I’m just chatting with a friend once every minute or so since I’m busy sniping as archer and some dude says “sorry ,but you’re getting annoying” and then procedes to vote kick me, and guess what? Thanks to all of the assholes who vote yes on these I end up getting kick abused despite barely talking. Ex2: I’m owning the other team and then suddenly one kid decides OH WOOP DE FUCKING DOO time to abuse the votekick since I don’t like him killing me!) I really find this to be a problem and I wouldn’t mind having votekick needing 5 people(and it not announcing anything till the 5 have started it so you have to talk with the players and tell them what’s going on) that way it’ll be harder to vote kick innocents due to the randoms who just vote yes… I really don’t care how they fix but I want this problem to be fixed >.>

• The problem with this is not the Dev’s fault but the server hosts fault for not having enough admins in game.

For one, the server hosts should set these cvars

bEnableVoteKick=true
    bEnableVoteChangeMap=true
    bEnableVoteResetMap=true
    bOnlyAdminsCanInitiateVotes=false
    bOnlyAdminsCanVote=false
    bOnlyTeammatesCanVoteKick=true
    bOnlyTeammatesAbstainsCountAgainstMinimum=false
    fVoteMinAmountNonAbstainers=0.400000
    fVoteSuccessThreshold=0.550000
    fVoteDurationSeconds=30.000000
    fVoteTallyUpdates=2.000000
    fVoteEnactDelaySeconds=10.000000
    fVoteTimeBetweenVoteKicksAgainstSamePlayer=60.000000
    fVoteTimeBetweenVotesFromOnePlayer=60.000000
    fVoteKickBanDurationSeconds=3600.000000

What these do is only allow teammates to vote and only teammates voting counts. So don’t blame the devs, blame the servers and the host for not setting it up or having enough admins to handle it. Thus, quit playing in these servers where this happens. Empty servers means no people playing.

On the Kila server I have had a few of my pro clan members get kicked because they were too good. Now all my clan members have admin and once there is a vote kick against them, they just have to log in as admin and they will not get kicked. We also have the setting above that limit who can start an vote and who can vote. These minimize the troll kickers.

So your options are to;
    Get your own server and set it right.
    Quit playing on those servers where that happens.
    Play on good servers and add them to your favorites list.
    Join a clan and get admin. Membership has its privileges.

• @akarnir:

Please chivalry community, stop clicking yes on each votekick you see. Some of them are lame trolling attempt. Try to inform yourself before pressing ‘‘yes’’.

It’s becoming extremely annoying. It happened me twice today where I got banned simply because one crackhead didn’t like my name (who wasn’t offensive in any way).

I’m also asking Thorn Banner to limit the votekick so that only Team Killers can be votekicked by normal players.
    Of course admins should still votekick people who are spamming chat… But normal players should be limited to Obvious TKer votekick.

It’s really frustrating to being kicked from when you haven’t done anything wrong.

I concur, out of shytes and giggles. I have started a few vote kicks on the top player of the other side or for various other reasons. And when asked why I would replay TK, he keeps tking us. Out of experimental purposes, It was hilarious because people believe anything they see or hear. Such as the media ; )

• I’m also asking Thorn Banner to limit the votekick so that only Team Killers can be votekicked by normal players.

I disagree. Strongly. I want to be able to votekick AFKers or griefers who only talk useless stuff and not play the game while taking slot away, etc. I would rather suggest listing reason to a votekick and increasing voting time, so the people have more time to read why the player is being votekicked.

• The problem with limiting the votekick to only people who tk is that you won’t be able to kick trolls who don’t duel on duel servers since no one is actually “tking” and therefore not breaking any rules.
    Though I do agree it is somewhat abused, I got kicked the other day from an ffa match for killing all of them one too many times :’(

• @AlexTehArcher:

I completely agree with vote kicking being abused, it happens to me way to fucking often by trolls when I’m 99.9% of the time innocent. (Ex: I’m just chatting with a friend once every minute or so since I’m busy sniping as archer and some dude says “sorry ,but you’re getting annoying” and then procedes to vote kick me, and guess what? Thanks to all of the assholes who vote yes on these I end up getting kick abused despite barely talking. Ex2: I’m owning the other team and then suddenly one kid decides OH WOOP DE FUCKING DOO time to abuse the votekick since I don’t like him killing me!) I really find this to be a problem and I wouldn’t mind having votekick needing 5 people(and it not announcing anything till the 5 have started it so you have to talk with the players and tell them what’s going on) that way it’ll be harder to vote kick innocents due to the randoms who just vote yes… I really don’t care how they fix but I want this problem to be fixed >.>

THIS! sick of noobs and mediocre players vote kicking to troll. same goes with the tking abuse, something should be done about this already. this community literally gets worse every day, idc what your opinions are when i get abused pretty much every match. they should add a reporting function so peoples accounts can be reviewed and they can be permanently banned across all servers.

edit: necroed

• they should limit the amount of votekicks someone can start to one person to one. Right now you can spam votekicks against the same person endlessly. And it becomes hard to votekick the votekick starter because everyone automacly starts clicking no.

• I saw three votekicks in 5-6 hours today.

All three of them were because while everyone else in the server had 30-60ms ping, he had an upwards of 150.

First time I saw a votekick, I asked why, was given the reason that the guy had 200 ping, and I voted Yes.

Second and third time, I just hit Tab, saw they had 150+ ping and voted Yes.

Didn’t see any trolling or anything of the sort.

• The worst kind of votekick abuse I’ve seen was when people votekick to win the game which happened twice :/.

One was when they votekick the king so when the king got kicked they automatically won.

The other was in TDM when they decide to votekick the remaining of the survivor because of the glitch in TDM where the game should end when the other team is wiped out but the game doesn’t end until the timer runs out.

Though I’ve never had problems with trolls abusing but I think limiting the amount of times you can votekick per game seems like a good idea…to me anyway.

• It is getting worse. I am seeing way more frivolous and incorrect votes for TKing. I was just vote kicked by a guy accusing me of TKing him. He was TKed but it was by a Knight and I was playing a Vanguard. Unfortunately, I ran past the guy before the Knight attacked him. I got one sentence in before the vote passed and couldn’t defend myself. People are just becoming more itchy about TKs and will vote kick whichever name they saw last.

Perhaps, they should add an addition votekick: votekick the last guy who teamkilled me. Or once someone has Teamkilled 3 people the server starts an automatic votekick. Or if you get TKed the game asks if you would like to start a votekick against the player.

• Why not just put a server option that kicks someone automatically after 3 tks in a row or something? That should do the trick

• I’ve set the percentage to 72 percent on my server. That takes way more votes for a person to be kicked.
    I know not all votekicks are fair, but most are. This still requires the majority of the server to vote yes.

• Again you guys are missing my point, last night I got votekicked because I was 17-0 against a bunch of noobs but the issues isn’t the vote kick, it is the server set up. You can prevent people from being voted on by a time limit but again that is a server side setting. Point being, dont play on servers with the default servers settings and play on servers with live admins and better server configs. Real simple. If you quit populating the crappy servers they will be forced to change to keep their populations up. If you have a ping lower than 150 come be a regular player in the Kila Thunderdome Chicago server, get to know our members and you will have a much better time and not worry so much about the stupid vote kicks as there tends to be an admin on a lot of the time.

• Definitely agree that there should be a change to votekicking rules and that it is being abused. I like the idea of needing more than one person or having a system that recognizes TKers. Personally I always either ignore votes or hit No unless I actually have chat turned on/get a reason. Most of the time I actually have chat turned off because of how distracting and annoying players can be.