So where can you check your K/D stats?

• Any particular place where your stats are being tracked?

• I think it would be pretty cool if we could link our Steam names to our forum names and have a page on the Chiv website that shows off our stats (kills, deaths, k/d, objective score, total score, wins on each map as team X, etc), custom items, and maybe an avatar of our saved weapon loadouts (when that comes) or our most used saved loadout.

Or at least add that to Steam as part of the Steam Stats for the game like how TF2 does the Records + Stats tab.

• I agree dude ^

Although if that is your steam id, I remember playing with you yesterday on a server and I must of assisted like 20 of your kills. 8-)

Wouldn’t mind seeing an assist leaderboard, reckon I must be top 10 at least.

• @suge1w:

Although if that is your steam id, I remember playing with you yesterday on a server and I must of assisted like 20 of your kills. 8-)

Team player 8-)

@suge1w:

Wouldn’t mind seeing an assist leaderboard, reckon I must be top 10 at least.

Assists should be included fo’ sho’.

• I wish. I would love to flaunt my superior KD around to everyone. Then I could make my idea of balance be the only idea of balance because my KD would be far better than anyone else’s could ever be and there’s nothing they could say that would mean anything because obviously I’m right and better than them.

In all seriousness, I do wish we could see it. I’d also like to see how many kills/deaths we’ve had with each specific weapon (and class) so we could use it to improve our selves.

• @SOC:

I wish. I would love to flaunt my superior KD around to everyone. Then I could make my idea of balance be the only idea of balance because my KD would be far better than anyone else’s could ever be and there’s nothing they could say that would mean anything because obviously I’m right and better than them.

I agree 100% hehe
    u posted my thoughts

ur being Sarcastic …im not 8-)
    I also agree with OP and other posts above^^^^

• So you are being awarded for assisting? I thought that only kills matter.

• @Silu:

So you are being awarded for assisting? I thought that only kills matter.

Assists add 5 points each to your overall score.

• I’d have a pretty high kdr, but I don’t really see the value in it for anything other than LTS. In all other modes, going for the objective will generally lower your kdr; the last thing we need is for people to feel like they’re being punished for doing the objective.

• I much rather play for fun than play for stats…

You can see your K/D ratio and performance by pressing TAB during every match. Isn’t this enough to judge how you are doing?

In my opinion stat tracking does more harm than good. People stacking the winning team, people not playing the objective because they rather work on their K/D ratio and people leaving the server when getting owned to protect their stats are just a few examples.

It is also great fun when these people post on the forums. They boast about their K/D and claim their opinion is worth more than the opinion of “lesser” players. :?

So I actually like that Chivalry has no stat tracking. Please keep it this way.

• Stat-tracking is a server side thing not a global thing, it would be up to the host/operator of each server to actually record the stats and publish them via an independent website.

Sounds good for the future though!

• There should be an option for players to keep their stats hidden so they don’t have to see it if they don’t want to, relieving them of the pressure. I can respect that.

• @SOC:

There should be an option for players to keep their stats hidden so they don’t have to see it if they don’t want to, relieving them of the pressure. I can respect that.

This. Then I would be fine with having stats being tracked, even though it wouldn’t necessarily stop people from playing obj based games and still worrying about their k/d, because some people go into those types to get a ton of kills.

• @AgentOrange:

I much rather play for fun than play for stats…

You can see your K/D ratio and performance by pressing TAB during every match. Isn’t this enough to judge how you are doing?

In my opinion stat tracking does more harm than good. People stacking the winning team, people not playing the objective because they rather work on their K/D ratio and people leaving the server when getting owned to protect their stats are just a few examples.

It is also great fun when these people post on the forums. They boast about their K/D and claim their opinion is worth more than the opinion of “lesser” players. :?

My thoughts exactly. Otherwise ppl start playing for the wrong reasons.

• it should be up to the players descision to have his record tracked.

• Your stats being tracked or not would depend on the server you’re on, were tracking implemented. Most probably the stats script would be a third party script. This means the control you have over your stats being tracked or not would depend on the server you join, it would also be upto the host’s indiscretion to notify you of stat-tracking on their server… most probably by adding [STATS] to the title.

Furthermore all stats would be server specific, for example if you played on “Aussie TO Server [STATS]” the entire time you have played Chivalry, then your stats on any other ‘statted’ server would still be 0/0/0 no matter how well you do.

This method has been used widely and successfully in Counter-Strike and other independent server based games for many years, not particularly to show off, but more to track how you’re doing.

• @AgentOrange:

I much rather play for fun than play for stats…

Agreed!

• stats will attract haxors, keep that in mind

• Statwhoring leads to bad playerbehaviour in 11 of 10 (sometimes 12 of 10) times.

So please don’t show K/D ratio out of the game. It’s already bad enough that it’s shown in the game.
    Nobod cares if you randomly kill other people miles away from any objective and don’t contribute at all but wank over your scores.

• @AgentOrange:

Agreed. It’s a refreshing change.