Different knockback distances

• Does anyone know why sometimes you are knock really far back and sometimes you dont?

I’m not talking about low stamina.

If you have full stamina and block a stab by a fork for example, sometimes you get pushed really far back, but other times you don’t get pushed at all.

Why this inconsistency?

• I think it’s to do with the ground and elevation mostly. Also if you’re fighting a polearm (or any weapon) user, you can usually avoid ~50% of the knockback their weapons do by just hitting crouch every time you block or parry, not sure why that works though.

• @Martin:

I think it’s to do with the ground and elevation mostly. Also if you’re fighting a polearm (or any weapon) user, you can usually avoid ~50% of the knockback their weapons do by just hitting crouch every time you block or parry, not sure why that works though.

Maybe your butt creates that much friction. :P

• I think it’s entirely down to the glitchy physics; any action that causes push-back has a tendency to cause the opponent to stick into the ground & become immobile.

I’m hoping the many physics bugs get fixed in the upcoming patch.

• @Martin:

I think it’s to do with the ground and elevation mostly. Also if you’re fighting a polearm (or any weapon) user, you can usually avoid ~50% of the knockback their weapons do by just hitting crouch every time you block or parry, not sure why that works though.

If you crouch, chances are that you’re looking slightly upward to block/parry which means that the force into you would be back and downwards as opposed to straight back. So it would make sense that only the backwards force of that vector would be applied to you whereas the downwards part would be canceled from the floor pushing back up on you (plus possible friction?).

• I might be wrong but of you’re out of stamina you usually get knocked back way farther.

• @Escadin:

I might be wrong but of you’re out of stamina you usually get knocked back way farther.

That’s correct, you become dazed for 0.9s when blocking when out of stamina.