Top 3 games you've played that nobody else has ever heard of

• We all play strange games at some point in our lives (for those of use who are frequent gamers anyways). Be it a sleeper hit nobody cared about, An old game people forgot about, a personal favorite everyone thought sucked, or a strange import that most won’t even try, they all get love here.

Post your top three favorite (as in the order you like the most) games that you think nobody has heard of. As long as it is either old, strange, unpopular, or just an oddball nostalgic favorite of yours, then it can go in your list.

And if someone posts a game you have heard and know of without having to look up, be sure to let them know they aren’t alone in their strange tastes.

I’ll start with mine and try to use it as an example.

1. Kings Field: The Ancient city
      -I’m pretty sure some PS1 enthusiasts have played Kings Field or at least heard of it. Sometime around 2000 or so they got around to releasing the 4th game in their series. Not too long later, the xbox 360 and ps3 were released and many low popularity games got buried in the tide of new generation gaming. I found a copy of this in a discount bin for my old PS2, and I just loved it. I’d never head of the game series before hand, and with the release of Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls taking the spot of the series’ successor, I doubt anyone ever will.

2)Gubble
    -I’m not sure if anyone has heard of this puzzle game, although a few may have now that it’s on smartphones. I played the original PC version when I was just a kid, and in spite of it being a skill/puzzle game, it was one of the few games I could actually beat on my own when I was young. Too bad I don’t have it anymore.

3)Nightcaster. Defeat the Darkness
    -When I was a kid I hated this game. After I grew up a bit and finally figured out how to properly played it, I kind of liked it in spite of it’s repetitive mechanics and cheesy acting. Nobody else I knew had heard of the game or cared to try it when I offered because, well, it was really bad.

Although all my examples are old, they don’t necessarily have to be (Eye: Divine Cybermancy for example).

Anyways, that sort of thing. So go ahead and let us know about some odd favorites of yours!

• 3 games I’ve played that other people rarely seems to know?

“Fighting is Magic”

“PSI OPS: The Mindgate Conspiracy”

“Black And White”

• Sumo Volleyball (Flash)
    Ultima VII
    Maniac Mansion

• Toejam & Earl and Toejam & Earl 2: Panic on Funkotron(Gensis) Best music ever?

Hell of Falling Sand (PC) Lots of varieties online, simple but fun and addicting.

Fantasy Zone (Sega Master System) The best game to be released on this console. Period.

• Geez. And I thought I knew weird games.

I have played Black and White though. The one where you play as a God? I remember me and a friend used to have a ton of fun with the multiplayer. Black and White two is pretty stupid though.

• Chameleon Twist(N64)

Lady Sia(GBA)

Slave Zero(Dreamcast)

• Sorry ,

I didn’t play such games .
    I don’t think & I would .
    Maybe because I don’t develop (excludes & develop alone option) games at first place …
    & to me to develop games only you to play them is a bit awkward , is it not ?

• cave story
    timesplitters
    dark messiah?
    don’t know if anyone here plays these

• @FreakingCreepy:

cave story
    timesplitters
    dark messiah?
    don’t know if anyone here plays these

Played all of those.

Dark Messiah was fun, but lacking. Cave story was a blast but I got frustrated more often than I should have. I don’t even remember timesplitters though.

• Fallen Earth. I played this game before it was F2P and I LOVED it… Different and a lot of fun. I’d like to go back to it again at some point and see how it’s changed.

Shining Force II. Wheee old school genesis RPG’s. Probably the first one I actually finished. GOOD TIMES.

How about something REALLY old like Kings Quest and Quest For Glory. My dad had these super old pc FLOPPY disks (lol) back in the day, so I got to play those. Wheee!

• @Kimiko:

Fallen Earth. I played this game before it was F2P and I LOVED it… Different and a lot of fun. I’d like to go back to it again at some point and see how it’s changed.

Shining Force II. Wheee old school genesis RPG’s. Probably the first one I actually finished. GOOD TIMES.

How about something REALLY old like Kings Quest and Quest For Glory. My dad had these super old pc FLOPPY disks (lol) back in the day, so I got to play those. Wheee!

Well, I haven’t played shining force two, but I have played the first one. Good games.

• @Blindga:

Well, I haven’t played shining force two, but I have played the first one. Good games.

Yes indeed! :)

• Shining Force Three was the best, too bad it was on a doomed system and only the first part was released stateside, and then no other shining force game was released outside of Japan again :(

• Shining Force 3 is awesome!

As is Holy Ark and Wisdom. Some of my most treasured games. Wish I could hunt down the b******** who stole my saturn and all my awesome games with a claymore.

Sly, if you’re an uber Saturn / Shining fan, give me a shout in Steam sometime…

• I still have my Saturn and dozens of games. Still works. U jelly Bob? ;)

• @SlyGoat:

I still have my Saturn and dozens of games. Still works. U jelly Bob? ;)

Shining force 1 and 2 are also on steam now!

• They have been for a while.

Nights Into Dreams is on Steam now, though. I’m considering dropping the $10 on it. Nostalgia.

• @SlyGoat:

Nostalgia.

That’s how they getcha :(

• Glad to see Shining Force has good memories for everyone!! :D

• TimeSplinters (such good times)
    Sacrifice
    Alien Versus Predator : Gold Edition