I Love Chivalry: here's what would make me love it more

• I mostly play knight and vanguard, and my brother rocks archer a lot of the time. I don’t have a lot of MAA experience, so anything I say about them comes from fighting against them as opposed to actually playing.

I think heavier weapons should cause more fatigue damage to the blocking player than lighter weapons. Perhaps a graded system that compares the weapon weights to assign fatigue amount, since it seems to me it would be easier to block a maul with a really big sword than with a dagger.

I’d kinda like to see more specific damage zones with different armour ratings, but that’s just because I think it would be cool. Does sound like a bit of work, though.

A more pronounced duck would be cool. Some of the earlier Youtube videos I saw before buying the game featured a bit of clever ducking, but I’ve only ever been able to avoid horizontal strokes with a duck if I’m ALSO on lower ground than my opponent.

Which is another thing; isn’t higher ground supposed to be a good thing? Perhaps slower movement rates going uphill, faster going down? So far, the only advantage I see is that archers have a clearer view, AND it seems like lower ground is the actual advantageous position considering that ducking situation I mentioned.

Momentum would be awesome. The only thing approximating that so far is the vanguard’s charge. The charge is cool (especially when done with fists for lulz). I would like to have the ability to turn into my swing to increase the damage done against an enemy, and turn away from the swing to reduce damage if it’s to late to feint and I think I’m going to hit allies. Also, I want to be able to jump off a cliff right beside an enemy, and overhand, and shred them in twain with a momentum bonus.

I LOVE the death effects in Chiv. Between the -amazing- voice acting and the attention to detail (fingers twitching, etc.), I actually felt kinda disturbed the first time I looked down at a corpse I had just made and heard it mewling with a sound I would not expect from human vocal chords. That being said, heads aren’t enough for me; I want to be able to chop someone in half at the waist, then kick the still-standing corpse so its chest flies backwards while the legs drop. But then again, that’s mostly the bloodlust speaking.

I keep thinking on the ‘helmet customisation.’ I’d like everything to be customisable. I want to fight for Agatha in a set of black-and-red spiked power armour with the heads of the Emperor’s enemies on my belt, and scream when I slash with my chainsw–sorry, a bit of 40k leaked in. What I meant is, different armour options would be cool, even if they’re just cosmetic. Maybe the option to wear favours on your belt, even though it’s not a joust. Honestly, I’d pop a boner if I found out you guys were putting in different armour options that -also- had an in-game effect. Namely, heavier armour for more resistance, maybe different damage absorption rates against different weapons, slower/faster movespeed, etc. I’d also like to be able to play in nothing but a loincloth, and use fists, and be Chuck Norris or something.

Stances would be cool, an opportunity to add different attack options without adding -too- many fun buttons. Then again, I wouldn’t want anything that interferes with the Counter-Strike-style gameplay feel. I really can’t stress enough how much that feeling during the gameplay is the key to this game’s success. I can’t stop playing; I just have to have ONE - MORE - ROUND

• All you said is friggin great. Hope they read it! Specially liked the part about more gore + more fatigue when parrying a huge heavy weapon with a small weapon.

DEVSSSSS!

• @Funkmaster:

I think heavier weapons should cause more fatigue damage to the blocking player than lighter weapons. Perhaps a graded system that compares the weapon weights to assign fatigue amount, since it seems to me it would be easier to block a maul with a really big sword than with a dagger.

This is actually already in the game. Dagger vs. maul is the most extreme case; you lose 1/3 of your stamina bar for parrying a maul with a dagger. I think the reason this is brought up so much is the average player doesn’t really notice when they’re out of stamina, since it only hampers actions like dodging and feinting which they don’t tend to do very much anyway. Making stamina matter more in general is already being considered by the team so that it’s more of a factor for everyone to consider.

@Funkmaster:

I’d kinda like to see more specific damage zones with different armour ratings, but that’s just because I think it would be cool. Does sound like a bit of work, though.

I could get behind this. I’d quite like to see hitboxes matter more based on damage type, too; for example, blunts would be superior for head hits, while cuts would be much better at limb hits and stabs more powerful to the torso.

@Funkmaster:

A more pronounced duck would be cool. Some of the earlier Youtube videos I saw before buying the game featured a bit of clever ducking, but I’ve only ever been able to avoid horizontal strokes with a duck if I’m ALSO on lower ground than my opponent.

It’s a little unintuitive, but as you look very far up/down your body bends - so if you duck and look straight down, you will practically hug the floor.

@Funkmaster:

Which is another thing; isn’t higher ground supposed to be a good thing? Perhaps slower movement rates going uphill, faster going down? So far, the only advantage I see is that archers have a clearer view, AND it seems like lower ground is the actual advantageous position considering that ducking situation I mentioned.

Fighting on uneven ground has quite a few frustrations on either end. The idea of moving slower uphill is an interesting one, though.

@Funkmaster:

Momentum would be awesome. The only thing approximating that so far is the vanguard’s charge. The charge is cool (especially when done with fists for lulz). I would like to have the ability to turn into my swing to increase the damage done against an enemy, and turn away from the swing to reduce damage if it’s to late to feint and I think I’m going to hit allies. Also, I want to be able to jump off a cliff right beside an enemy, and overhand, and shred them in twain with a momentum bonus.

I’m not sure, but I believe Javelins will soon have a sprint-attack mechanic as well. Changing damage based on how late in your swing your weapon hits might sound interesting, but I think in the end it would limit your strategic options in a fight. Delaying your attacks can be a crucial tactic sometimes, and being punished with lower damage for successfully executing it to bypass a parry for example wouldn’t be ideal.

About attacks from above: originally when you landed on an enemy, any fall damage you would’ve taken was supposed to be transferred to that enemy instead; not sure why that was scrapped or not implemented. Would be an interesting way of doing bonus damage from above.

• @Funkmaster:

It’s a little unintuitive, but as you look very far up/down your body bends - so if you duck and look straight down, you will practically hug the floor.

@Funkmaster:

I’m not sure, but I believe Javelins will soon have a sprint-attack mechanic as well. Changing damage based on how late in your swing your weapon hits might sound interesting, but I think in the end it would limit your strategic options in a fight. Delaying your attacks can be a crucial tactic sometimes, and being punished with lower damage for successfully executing it to bypass a parry for example wouldn’t be ideal.

About attacks from above: originally when you landed on an enemy, any fall damage you would’ve taken was supposed to be transferred to that enemy instead; not sure why that was scrapped or not implemented. Would be an interesting way of doing bonus damage from above.

Even with ducking, I find you get more of a “just bending over a bit to pick up this quarter here” rather than a full “oh holy crap, get out of the way” even with the mouse adjustments. Perhaps I just need more practice on it.

I do like the falling damage transfer thing - it’s certainly got to be better than the Mario action we get when landing on someone’s head now. =p BUT, wouldn’t the game feel more awesome if you could turn your hips into your swing? I mean, you can now, and I feel like I’m really fighting, just musing on ways to make things more responsive and deeper.

I’ve been a DotA player for a long time, so forgive me if I like mastering finicky mechanics. =p

• How about a a mechanic, that when you are very low on fatigue and someone hits you,
    you fall down on the ground, needing some time to stand up.
    Or maybe falling on one knee, when successfully blocking a hit with low stamina (not able to move for a few seconds) until you get up.

• I dunno, I think that encourages a less intense playstyle.

• I would like a mechanic where players get smacked on their backs by a maul, and have to fight on their backs. We’ve commented on that on another topic.

• Heh, I like it. I mentioned the idea of stances to give more options, but ground-fighting is even better!

• In my herat :I Love Chivalry: here’s what would make me love it more!I Really think that what you said is perfect.I will relate the case aroud our life!

Reparación de Coche|
    Tablet Windows

• In theory overhead attack from higher ground would rather hit the enemy head, while the enemy’s attack would rather hit the feet. So that would give higher ground an advantage.

I haven’t had much fights on stairs yet so i don’t know how it plays out in game.

• I agree with eveything in the OP, especially Stamina drain.
    Except for the customization part, I really don’t like it, I hate it in pretty much every game where you’re supposed to be a regular soldier.

Back on the matter of Stamina, someone said Dagger should cost more stamina to block a maul.
    I say it shouldn’t even be able to block a maul, especially not from an overhead. It’s just silly.

• @The:

I say it shouldn’t even be able to block a maul, especially not from an overhead. It’s just silly.

100% agree.

• @franzmar:

I would like a mechanic where players get smacked on their backs by a maul, and have to fight on their backs. We’ve commented on that on another topic.

Refer to my posted thread on Advanced Gameplay Dynamics. I talk about this and many other features I’d love to see implemented :)