Get rid of Kickvote

• Ugh, I come here to see more trolls everyday. Tis’ unfortunate indeed….

• I just remembered that this is the same guy who started a similar thread a while back and got proven wrong, to put it mildly, by people giving proof that votekicks against Manlytears were in fact justified.

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4842&hilit=Kickvote&start=10

Thread got locked down (obviously), and the same should happen to this one. I don’t see anything productive coming out here either.

• There should be server admins but until then the current votekicking method is necessary.I guess all we have to do is try to avoid or ignore trolls and TKers.Also,NO ONE SHOULD VOTE TO KICK A PLAYER IF HE DOES NOT KNOW IF THIS PLAYER IS TROLLING OR BEING TROLLED…!!!

It is that simple… 8-) …!!!

• @Manlytears:

Why do the devs not have the balls to reply to this thread, how about you give me my money back on this game that is impossible to be good at without being votekicked.

Also from the responses in this thread you can tell what sort of prick gets his rocks off votekicking people.

Resorting to calling me a “kid” honestly kill yourself already you dweeb.

Learn some humility, kid.

• While this discussion is kinda pointless i guess, cuz in a game where friendly fire is allowed it is just ‘must have’, i have a one serious question tough….

Im a totally newbie and dont know how to start a vote to kick somebody :p To this very day it wasnt on my ‘top things to know’, but i meet this guy who completely ruind a game for both teams killings his teammates all the time so…

Could you be so kind and share that powerfull wisdom with me? ;)

• @Jordi:

Im a totally newbie and dont know how to start a vote to kick somebody :p

Steps:
    1. Get console running with the tilde key (~)
    2. Type "votekick playername "
    3. Press enter
    4. Type “confirm 0”
    5. Press enter
    6. ???
    7. Profit

:D

• @WerQ:

@Jordi:

Im a totally newbie and dont know how to start a vote to kick somebody :p

Steps:
    1. Get console running with the tilde key (~)
    2. Type "votekick playername "
    3. Press enter
    4. Type “confirm 0”
    5. Press enter
    6. ???
    7. Profit

:D

Or an even better way to votekick is to;

a. ~ for console
    b. type “votekick” to bring up player list
    c. type "confirm (the number next to player name, without the parentheses)
    d. page up to vote yes

Oh and back to topic. Kickvote is great! I love it. I have been kick voted a few times for “hacking” or doing well in more colloquial terms. But other then that kick vote usually gets rid of the assholes.

• @Fatgun:

Oh and back to topic. Kickvote is great! I love it. I have been kick voted a few times for “hacking” or doing well in more colloquial terms. But other then that kick vote usually gets rid of the assholes.

I returned to this topic to bring news: Couple hours ago, I had to votekick two (TWO for Pete’s sake!) guys who were team killing.

For example, he threw a firepot under a heavily damaged friend (me) after the fight was clearly done, and the enemy killed. There was no mistake about it. The first one killed me twice in a “sneaky” manner. I confronted him with this, and a teammate told me he was tk’d twice by him too.

About 10 minutes later the second one was yelled out by couple of other allies, it wasn’t just one guy who said the guy was tk’ing, so it wasn’t a troll. It also seemed I was the only one who knew how to votekick, so that’s why I was the one who initiated the second vote.

So yeah, who the hell would want to take votekick away? Lock this post away.

PS: I have now votekicked 4 guys in total. So this happens rarely.

• Votekick is needed, not deleted. What if a hacker is in a big game ore tk? what are you gonna do, if you can’t kick him and there is no admin online? indeed, you are gonna leave after a while, like everybody else and @ the end, the hacker wins, cause he ruined the game. It also happens alot in duel servers, that people just go on a rampage, instead of challange someone and duel. Votekick is needed and always will be.

• Would be nice for the vk to stick regardless of whether the player is still on the server or not when it ends, seen it many times where a player leaves seconds before so they can rejoin immediately afterwards.

• I know I’ll probably get a lot of stick for it, but when people are complaining and swearing at people for their choice of class etc. I always initiate a vote kick, after 3 or 4 games you end up playing in a mature, friendly environment where everyone can play the way they wish. I refuse to play in a free for all where all classes except the one the abuser is playing as is abused.

• @Ndio:

@Manlytears:

Why do the devs not have the balls to reply to this thread, how about you give me my money back on this game that is impossible to be good at without being votekicked.

Also from the responses in this thread you can tell what sort of prick gets his rocks off votekicking people.

Resorting to calling me a “kid” honestly kill yourself already you dweeb.

Learn some humility, kid.

hes actually right though. vote kick system atm is completely broken for one simple reason, i play well and get attempted vote kicked nearly every server i join by some 12 year old rager that cant handle playing on my level. is this a humility problem? sounds like a “baddy attempting mp when he never should have left his bot game” problem.

• @labotimy:

hes actually right though. vote kick system atm is completely broken for one simple reason, i play well and get attempted vote kicked nearly every server i join by some 12 year old rager that cant handle playing on my level. is this a humility problem? sounds like a “baddy attempting mp when he never should have left his bot game” problem.

I usually am at the top of the score charts in games with k/d sometimes going as high as 20/1. Only rarely do I ever get someone to attempt to votekick me and only once have I actually been succesfuly votekicked. If you act mature about the situation most players will hit no, however if you start calling the other guy a noob/scrub/butthurt etc. that just might sway the votekick against you.

• I haven’t bothered reading the whole topic, but instead of just removing it, which isn’t an option, we should have certain conditions to start a votekick. For example, someone been AFK for 5 minutes, or inserted a word in the chat that goes through a filter (doesn’t remove the word tough, just looks at the word), and if someone entered a word the filter think is offensive or immature, someone could start a votekick, just to give a few basic examples.

• @Fatgun:

@labotimy:

I usually am at the top of the score charts in games with k/d sometimes going as high as 20/1. Only rarely do I ever get someone to attempt to votekick me and only once have I actually been succesfuly votekicked. If you act mature about the situation most players will hit no, however if you start calling the other guy a noob/scrub/butthurt etc. that just might sway the votekick against you.

do it as an archer and it is an offense punishable by death….er vote kick.

• @labotimy:

do it as an archer and it is an offense punishable by death….er vote kick.

Hah could be true, however I’m yet to see such a skilled archer. The best I have ever gotten with archer was maybe a 10/1 kd but my team was completely dominating.