Patch 1 Beta

• @Borge:

I am saddened by the fact we can no longer kick and jump. Now i can’t kick people off of railings and watch them fall to their death.

well…

@Tibberius:

[…]
    In addition, the “jumpkick” is still possible, only that you can no longer kickjump as that was leading to exploits in the levels. So you can jump first and then kick, but can’t kick and jump in the middle of the kick anymore.

• @Borge:

I am saddened by the fact we can no longer kick and jump. Now i can’t kick people off of railings and watch them fall to their death.

You can jump first and kick in air. You just can’t kick first and then jump.

• good changes.

I would like to throw in my 2 cents of, I would have liked to see more weapon balancing.
    such as some weapon attack speed. and I think the change for bows should have been a very slight draw speed decrease rather than such a drastic increase.

considering 2 of the 3 classes which will be running towards you will have a shield to block your arrows, it would have made more sense to give you some more chances to shoot arrows as they come, while aiming for their feet and what not.

The arrow speed increase will help with long range battles against other archers.

• We (archers) need fire arrows, so we can burn those shields and really support our infantry! :p

• what archers really need, is for the draw speed to be kept the same as it is, and for the half second snare to be applied for a successful hit. it will give them a bit more time to try and kill someone running toward them, and can also assist team members in chasing down enemies.

• @Himself2:

what archers really need, is for the draw speed to be kept the same as it is, and for the half second snare to be applied for a successful hit. it will give them a bit more time to try and kill someone running toward them, and can also assist team members in chasing down enemies.

What I would rather see is archers standing in a group side by side…. while I lunge attack you all for 1 Hit multi kill 8-)

• @QuintOfTheNorth:

@QuintOfTheNorth:

I switched back from the Beta, to the old version, to play with some friends…and when I hit JOIN GAME, the game crashes. Tried it 4 times now. Same thing every time.

I even just tried to revalidate the files, it found one corrupt one, redownloaded it, and it still did the same thing.

UDK.exe has stopped working.

I even uninstalled, and reinstalled the game….still, the same thing.

YOU NEED TO DELETE CH?VALRY COMPLETLY FROM YOUR DOCUMENTS THEN DELETE FROM STEAM. AFTER ALL THAT RE?NSTALL. THEN ?T W?LL F?X

EDIT

I reinstalled the Beta, and it worked again just fine.
    I’ll stick with the Beta I guess!!!

• Damn I wanted to test the balance changes (especially the feint changes)…but I’m from Europe and I don’t even want to know what kind of pings I would get on a US east server :D

…so I’ll guess I have to wait till I can complain (or notice I was wrong all along :D )

• @Himself2:

what archers really need, is for the draw speed to be kept the same as it is, and for the half second snare to be applied for a successful hit. it will give them a bit more time to try and kill someone running toward them, and can also assist team members in chasing down enemies.

Yes thank goodness someone else who gets archers.

• @ameleke:

We (archers) need fire arrows, so we can burn those shields and really support our infantry! :p

archers are now a point and click adventure, before they used to actually take skill.

• @Dr.Nick:

@Himself2:

Yes thank goodness someone else who gets archers.

Archers really should be a support class. Not a class that can very easily duel anyone because of two free ranged hits before melee starts. With the projectile increase letting more people hit and aim reliable, I actually think ranged damage in general could use a nerd. Like make it take at least one more arrow to kill all the class. The moment you make it so archers can easily 1v1 any class of equal skil, is the moment this melee game becomes archer centric. Lines of archers shooting at each other while a few knights dance in the middle, try to be relevant.

• When there is a full non-beta patch

• @Jadarok:

Lines of archers shooting at each other while a few knights dance in the middle, try to be relevant.

I play for 100 hours and never was in such a sittuation. Sometimes archers become annoying but i was never ineffective as a melee class.

• Archers are ok like all other classes i love the new bow animation perfect job guys of TornBanner !

• BETA BUG: Turning from left to right and vice versa without walking forward or backward makes a ton of foostep sounds and is really annoying.

• For those who want to revert back from patch to release build: There’s an issue with the helmets crashing UDK.exe when spawning. If you had changed them (i.e. using a veteran helmet), switch them to the default ones or delete the UDKCustomization.ini among your configuration files.

That might bypass the need of an entire reinstallation of the game.

• @Sir:

For those who want to revert back from patch to release build: There’s an issue with the helmets crashing UDK.exe when spawning. If you had changed them (i.e. using a veteran helmet), switch them to the default ones or delete the UDKCustomization.ini among your configuration files.

That might bypass the need of an entire reinstallation of the game.

Goto C:\Users<your username="">\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKCustomization.ini Open in Notepad, change values to 0,0,0,0,0… etc</your>

• @ZombieRommel:

BETA BUG: Turning from left to right and vice versa without walking forward or backward makes a ton of foostep sounds and is really annoying.

That isn’t a bug, Look at your feet, You need to move your feet to turn around.

• i turn on the game and check the 5 servers and usually there is either 0 or sometimes 1-3 players
    for this reason, I stopped playing so much in chivalry because it’s too annoying to find server what i am looking for

most annoying game bugs should be corrected as soon as possible after the release of game… and do not throw them together with one big update for which we must wait 3 weeks

• given how many bugs were reported in just a couple of days, this patch won’t come out for another week at least, will it? That’s sad but I will stick to TB whatsoever. Hope you guys make it.