Archers taking it in the ass this patch?

• Longbow

State Length

• Draw increased from 0.7 seconds to 1.2 seconds
      Bodkin Arrow
    • Speed increase from 5500 to 6500.
    • Ammo count decreased from 30 to 25.
      Broadhead Arrow
    • Speed increase from 5500 to 6500.

Warbow

State Length

• Draw increased from 0.9 seconds to 1.4 seconds
      Warbow Bodkin ammo decreased to 20
      Warbow Broadhead ammo decreased to 20

Shortbow

State Length

• Draw increased from 0.5 seconds to 0.9 seconds

What the actual fuck is this? Are you really going to listen to the QQ’ers saying “Archery is OP”. I think that you should listen to the archer community, not the “______ is OP” community. I am unimpressed with these “fixes”… Archer was already shit as it was, now this? I swear, archer is going to be .01% of the game’s population. I don’t even know why you would decrease arrow capacity AND increase draw time on the only viable weapon the archer has of now… And what is this Shortbow draw increase? Let’s take the bow that’s supposed to be the fastest and just make it utter shit as if it’s not already… Even if you increase the arrow speed of the Longbow arrows, what’s the point if you fire as slow as a snail riding a turtle? But now back to the Warbow, why would you think it’s a good idea to make it super slow and have less arrows. I mean I consider my self a good archer, but I miss sometimes, just like any player. Do you really think, and I mean really think that it’s a good idea to give a Warbow archer 20 arrows?! Let alone the draw was already a long ass time, but you’re really just giving a giant “fuck you” to Warbow achers. May I remind you again that archer was already bad, and now it will be terrible. Why not remove it from the game as a whole if you’re going to do this?
    Well…Thanks for reading, I’m going to go enjoy archer while it’s viable.

• It’s not because of the community. Developers tested it and saw it was needed. Stop your whining. You sound exactly like the players crying about archer being OP.

If you don’t like it, quit. No one will stop you.

• @boomandvibe:

It’s not because of the community. Developers tested it and saw it was needed. Stop your whining. You sound exactly like the players crying about archer being OP.

If you don’t like it, quit. No one will stop you.

I don’t really see what they “saw” was in need of fixing. And there’s a difference between QQ’ing and speaking out against bad decisions.

• What you ‘see’ doesn’t guarantee that it’s the best option. What you ‘see’ does not matter to most people.

What the actual fuck is this? Are you really going to listen to the QQ’ers saying “Archery is OP”. I think that you should listen to the archer community, not the “______ is OP” community. I am unimpressed with these “fixes”… Archer was already shit as it was, now this? I swear, archer is going to be .01% of the game’s population.

That sounds like whining because you are not keeping it civilized. You were clearly emotional about the issue.

• @boomandvibe:

What you ‘see’ doesn’t guarantee that it’s the best option. What you ‘see’ does not matter to most people.

What the actual fuck is this? Are you really going to listen to the QQ’ers saying “Archery is OP”. I think that you should listen to the archer community, not the “______ is OP” community. I am unimpressed with these “fixes”… Archer was already shit as it was, now this? I swear, archer is going to be .01% of the game’s population.

That sounds like whining because you are not keeping it civilized. You were clearly emotional about the issue.

If you’re not emotional about the subject you’re debating, then why debate at all? Of course I care about the future of archers as a class in general, if I didn’t why would I be here?

• You can be emotional, but it’s important not to express it especially if you are writing.

You didn’t need to use ‘fuck’ to express your disagreement with the patch.

Also, there are almost a hundred positive changes in the patch, and you ignore all that and got overly angry because they increased bow draw time? Are you serious?

• Developer

The listed balance changes are seriously misleading, sorry for this I didn’t get a chance to check those before they were posted. But we’ve adjusted a fair bit of how the archers work including completely new animations for the archer and many many fixes on javelins + adjustments to the crossbow. Don’t take what is posted in that list for ranged weapons at face value.

The archers don’t really take that much longer to draw, it is because we changed the way they function entirely from a tech standpoint that the confusion comes from. Has to be tried to be felt, we did not “nerf archers”.

• @Tibberius:

The listed balance changes are seriously misleading, sorry for this I didn’t get a chance to check those before they were posted. But we’ve adjusted a fair bit of how the archers work including completely new animations for the archer and many many fixes on javelins + adjustments to the crossbow. Don’t take what is posted in that list for ranged weapons at face value.

The archers don’t really take that much longer to draw, it is because we changed the way they function entirely from a tech standpoint that the confusion comes from. Has to be tried to be felt, we did not “nerf archers”.

Well I’m anticipating trying it out in person. :)
    Hopefully it just looks worse on paper then it will in game.

• I want to see the arrow speed. It will most likely make this whole patch a buff to archers and the reduce drawing time may be considered a buff to crossbows <.<
    This whole patch sounds like a nice and warm " you may aim properly now… take your time" to me :D

• I really think the projectile speed buff is petty huge. A great quality of life change for the class. Don’t see how a slower rate of fire is that bad. Maybe you’ve never played on servers with good archers and don’t realize how it squelches the melee gameplay.

• With the speed BOOST of arrows that is an archer BUFF but to get that speed you would have to pull back further on the bow, taking a little more time. They are only OP in their melee ability in being able to parry heavy weapons indefinitely without taking damage which is not only retarded but annoying too boot. It is hard enough to cross an open battlefield with archers, failing to zigzag like you could in AOC only to get close to an archer and they can parry everything you throw at them then they close in and spam, oopps I mean combo you to death. No worries you are stronger than ever.

• @Retsnom:

With the speed BOOST of arrows that is an archer BUFF but to get that speed you would have to pull back further on the bow, taking a little more time. They are only OP in their melee ability in being able to parry heavy weapons indefinitely without taking damage which is not only retarded but annoying too boot. It is hard enough to cross an open battlefield with archers, failing to zigzag like you could in AOC only to get close to an archer and they can parry everything you throw at them then they close in and spam, oopps I mean combo you to death. No worries you are stronger than ever.

1. You can still dodge arrows, stop walking in incredibly obvious left > right > left > right patterns. It doesn’t work, it never did.
    2. Feint
    3. Stop trying to run across open wide spaces when up against archers.
    4. When you see someone LMB mashing, press the right mouse button and aim at their weapon.

@Tree0ctopus:

Well…Thanks for reading, I’m going to go enjoy archer while it’s viable.

At this stage, on paper at least, I’m not seeing the need for a huge outcry.

• If you’re an archer you should be happy with these patch notes, it’s a nice buff to good players that play against other good players who know how to engage an archer who has little range advantage.

Increase in arrow speed, increase in draw time, decrease in ammo count.

The Increase in arrow speed means that you can be more accurate from a longer range, everything else is there for balance but nothing that decreases your skill or ability to kill. The nerfs just mean you need to fire from a farther range which is a very good change as archery was too close range. If you position yourself properly and actually aim you can get more kills then you would before I think. Personally I’ve had no problem shooting from far away but the arrow speed increase will make this easier. With 30 arrows I can usually get around half that in kills with a warbow which means with 20 I can get a bit higher than 10, and that is pretty much the entire team in most servers. Please don’t use the term “archer community” to describe anything from your point of view again.

• The archers are already nerfed.
    I remember the archers as they were during the pre-beta stage. Those were the good times for archers.
    This patch does not make a big sense, imho.

• @Tree0ctopus:

Archer was already shit as it was, now this?

I’m sorry but are you on drugs? When I join a server half of the population plays archer. Obviously because they are shit… :?

I swear, archer is going to be .01% of the game’s population.

This would actually be a good thing. Acher heavy teams are already ruining TO games as it is.

• @AgentOrange:

Acher heavy teams are already ruining TO games as it is.

This game needs dynamic class limits like in Red Orchersta.

• @hacksecks:

This game needs dynamic class limits like in Red Orchersta.

Agreed.

• I like to be an archer (in big servers), so I hope this patch won’t ruin that class that much.

• Considering you have no clue over the concept of paragraphs i will assume your opinion doesn’t deserve much thought.

• @Borge:

Considering you have no clue over the concept of paragraphs i will assume your opinion doesn’t deserve much thought.