Feint changed as I requested!! YAY

• FYI: I didn’t contribute to the feint change. I’m not saying TB listened to my thread.

Great job on the first patch TB!!!
    The list is quite extensive. But I have a question:

Does using feint put you in a 0.4 cooldown before you can use any kind of swing again?

So it’s:
    Stab - combo - feint - Cooldown - stab?

If so, this will fix the stab combo exploit, right?

Sucks shield bug isn’t fixed though.

• Does using feint put you in a 0.4 cooldown before you can use any kind of swing again?

So it’s:
    Stab - combo - feint - Cooldown - stab?

Correct.

• I am very happy indeed. I used feints, and dealt with them because that was what you need to do at the high level. I didn’t really enjoy it though. Epic long combo parrying battles raging with sparks flying all over the place beats dancing around each other and trading a blow or two every 20 seconds.

But I guess I don’t play for hyper competitiveness so I am biased. I just want to have fun. :)

• Did a patch come out today? I haven’t been able to log on at all today.

• Uhm, am I missing something? What will be the point of using feint at all with this change? With this new cooldown everyone will be able to ‘parry’ the feint and then parry again when the real strike comes.

???

Seems to take away the purpose of feint altogether, and if it does that’s a real shame, because that’s how you have to battle good players, I’m not interested in an endless parry war.

• Hmm yeah I thought something seemed off with feint - but didnt try it much - it was fine before any patch IMO. Great if you thought you could get your opponent to try a parry , but risky if they decided to trade hits instead

unless this was the only way to fix the feint bug before , and i may be wrong, things might still be fine. didnt try it enough.

• @Sir:

Uhm, am I missing something? What will be the point of using feint at all with this change? With this new cooldown everyone will be able to ‘parry’ the feint and then parry again when the real strike comes.

???

Seems to take away the purpose of feint altogether, and if it does that’s a real shame, because that’s how you have to battle good players, I’m not interested in an endless parry war.

Have you actually tried it at all?

It feels a tiny bit slower than the feint before, but the feint is still pretty fast. I’ve had every single player fall for it. 0.4 second is pretty short you know.

• I would really like to know where this feint system came from. Did warriors in the medieval time (back then) also feint in battles and 1 vs 1 battles, lol? That would be hilarious to see, haha.

• @ameleke:

I would really like to know where this feint system came from. Did warriors in the medieval time (back then) also feint in battles and 1 vs 1 battles, lol? That would be hilarious to see, haha.

ye that would be funny … in real :] but this is a game

• @ameleke:

I would really like to know where this feint system came from. Did warriors in the medieval time (back then) also feint in battles and 1 vs 1 battles, lol? That would be hilarious to see, haha.

No you know, EVERYTHING was invented just yesterday, including feinting.

• @Swarlos:

@ameleke:

No you know, EVERYTHING was invented just yesterday, including feinting.

Got beaten you’re ass ingame by a feinter ore something? U seem mad bro.

• Real warriors did feint…the term feint COMES from real life.

• @Jen<3:

Real warriors did feint…the term feint COMES from real life.

I miss something….

• @Jen<3:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8nZN3GtXg4

Use google jesus

That’s all I wanted to see, thank you sir. I am just 2 lazy today, to search it up. Anyway, this is a start, but for the video all I can say, is that they use small thin weapons, but what if you got a big ass sword? You think feinting is gonna be easy as those weapons? The feinting ingame is like they are holding plastic swords, lol. No way that is possible in real life.

• Feinting in these games is only a representation of feinting in real life. The usage is the same but the actual move is visually differently.

For large weapons like the katana they would for instance fake a hit to the head and turn the sword to hit another area. This would be one motion not staggered like in chivalry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydJJ_koxdug

• Everyone just ignore ameleke. He’s a troll. It’s best not to respond to trolls.

ameleke obvioulsy have never practiced kendo. There’s plenty of feinting there and it’s ridiculously faster than that in the game.

• @Sir:

Uhm, am I missing something? What will be the point of using feint at all with this change? With this new cooldown everyone will be able to ‘parry’ the feint and then parry again when the real strike comes.

???

That’s my fear too, at least for slow weapons. 0.4 is just too much imho.

• I’ve tried the beta today, and I’m starting to think this Feint change will hurt Vanguard 2hander play the most.

I like how this will stop unblockable feint spam attacks, but since you can’t even parry after a feint anymore, this actually hurts 2handers more than it helped fix feint spamming. Trying to parry a 1hander with a 2hander feels even more like paper-rock-scissors.

2handers are slow, and have very obvious telegraphed animations. Feinting will always be less effective with a 2hander. To remain relevant against 1handers, you need the ability to cancel your super slow attack and parry.

Adding a cool down between feints at attacks makes sense, but is there a way to remove it for parrys?

• Before you get happy about a change you should understand the ramifications - like making 2hers even worse than the already strong 1hers.

Read my thread on the matter:
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5714