Weapon suggestions.

• Some interesting ideas:

India has so many exotic weapons that would be so awesome to see in a game, for example the spinning metal ring projectiles their master warriors used to carry…

As for the Katana I want it in the game bigtime… but your wrong about one thing, the Katana does a better job piercing plate armour than the knights 2 handed long swords. See this clip that demonstrates it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDkoj932YFo

• Some epic ideas here!

I’d especially like the War Scythe idea for MAA; to give him a longer, harder hit for armor pen mayhaps? Mechanically it does fit with the Vanguard; but thematically seems more appropriate for the MAA.

• @TaelZenith:

Some epic ideas here!

I’d especially like the War Scythe idea for MAA; to give him a longer, harder hit for armor pen mayhaps? Mechanically it does fit with the Vanguard; but thematically seems more appropriate for the MAA.

Hrm….I could see Kama (or similar weapon) for MAA, with warscythe for vanguard, and a reinforced “peasant” scythe for knight?
    The general design of a scythe isn’t so far removed from a crowbill (Another idea…hrm…) if one was to properly design one for war, I can’t imagine it being so utterly ineffective.

• @Salesgun4Hire:

As for the Katana I want it in the game bigtime… but your wrong about one thing, the Katana does a better job piercing plate armour than the knights 2 handed long swords. See this clip that demonstrates it

First of all, neither a katana nor a longsword would put a dent in plate armor, but european swords have stiff, sharp points for stabbing through the weak areas in armor whereas katanas do not (Samurai mainly used spears and bows - katanas were used for easily cleaving through unarmored filthy peasants; not exactly a weapon of honor).

Secondly, that video was bullshit from the moment they cut the block of ice (so bullshit it prompted me to stop watching it). Using the katana: slicing right in the middle of the blade where the katana’s center of balance will give it the most power. Using the longsword: slicing right at the base of the blade where force distribution is the worst. Either terribly biased or they straight up don’t know how to use a sword.

Also, the only 2-hander I want to see on the Man-at-Arms is a quarterstaff.

• @Salesgun4Hire:

Oh god….

For people who got brain damage out of this video…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLWzH_1eZsc
    I link you this video, to make you feel like a human again. ;)

• a nice big ass thick and long simahtar or yata?an. for a primary wepon for the vanguard. the saim sword as the sabre but longer and wider. with decent damage. as thet sabre designe in the game could go through chain armour with 1 stab but it takes 6 stabs to kill :(

• as a simahtar or a yata?an would be thrown in the bin if it didnt cut thrugh a shield and chain aurmur in 1 blow. there are 2 types of these swords 1 the size of the sabre in the game and a nother size that is twice the size and weight.

• Now now dont hate the katana fan boy, I stand corrected ;) We all know Maoris had the deadliest weapons anyway :P

• @Salesgun4Hire:

Now now dont hate the katana fan boy, I stand corrected ;) We all know Maoris had the deadliest weapons anyway :P

Ahh, I was irritated by the video, not by you. Sorry if it seemed like I was being an asshole towards you. :|

• @WerQ:

@Salesgun4Hire:

Oh god….

Ahhh, my mind is no longer full of fuck. :)

• one hit with the estern simahtar to a long sword ot katana would have snaped the long sword and katana in halph. thay were made from a special steel that ownly exist in the middle east. http://www.cebehane.com/a_dimefs.html. best and sharpest swords of all time. thay threw em in the bin if thay didnt slice the iron that thay were beaten on in one blow…!!!

• Isn’t the crow bill generally just another name for a War Hammer? Some nice weapon choices though,

• @Alfrayer:

Isn’t the crow bill generally just another name for a War Hammer? Some nice weapon choices though,

Ironically somewhat the opposite. Most hammers have a larger head, and small spike-like protrusion on the back for piercing armor and as a counterweight. The crowbill is a large spike with weight on the back of the bill on the opposite side of the shaft for balance, that can also be used as a hammer.

• agree to everything in this post just awesome weaponry. even the katana i can live with it has not the WEEBOOO SUPERSAMURAI bullshit in it and i really find it worthy to be added. i agree the fastest medium ranged lowest dmging (against armor) weapon for the maa. gj!

+1

• @Kriegson:

Surprised there isn’t a sticky for this. Here’s a few of mine:

Gutentag:
    Ahh yes, Germans and their wonderful sense of humor. A massive club in roughly the shape of a light post, albeit with spikes the width of your thumb and length of your forearm placed around the square shaped head in various locations. Literally translated it means “Good day!” which is what they were reputed to have said when smashing someone’s ribcage in with it. I could see it on the knight or vanguard.

Just couldn’t let this slip… The Goedendag is a Flemish weapon not a german one. The Gutentag is just a perfect translation.
    It was used in the Guldensporenslag when Flemish peasants defeated an almost equal number of French elite knights with the use of the Goedendag.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guldensporenslag

I just hope that it will be in the game (since it is a unique and awesome looking weapon) and that it will be recreated accurately. The ‘baseball bat with a point’ weapon of Mount & Blade was called the Goedendag, while this approach is disputed. The weapon would actually be more like a 2m polearm than the baseball bat (as shown in a belgian film, but cannot quickly find it just now).

The other suggestions are fine, although I have my doubts at the use of the katana in this game. Not only from the plate armour standpoint, but also from a lore/setting standpoint.
    Would rather see a japanese/viking/other factions DLC with these kind of weapons.

• @WerQ:

@Salesgun4Hire:

Thank you, my hope in this community is restored

• I don’t like the idea of middle age knights running around with katanas, chopping people in half. That would ruin the game for me a bit. But what could make it work, was to add in more groups, like samurai and elephant rider (HAHA, just a joke :P )
    Besides, this game is for the medieval times, so I’d prefer to only have European weapons and armor, as it’s in Europe the medieval era was. They didn’t have exotic Indian weapons then/there

• First off, great post OP, also surprised that there wasn’t an existing sticky for this.

@Kriegson:

Gutentag:
    Ahh yes, Germans and their wonderful sense of humor. A massive club in roughly the shape of a light post, albeit with spikes the width of your thumb and length of your forearm placed around the square shaped head in various locations. Literally translated it means “Good day!” which is what they were reputed to have said when smashing someone’s ribcage in with it. I could see it on the knight or vanguard.

Do want. This would be e-mazing.

@Kriegson:

Katar:
    A curious weapon from india, it consists of a blade pointed outward from the knuckle. Sort of like brass knuckles on crack cocaine, it was particularly effective with a degree of martial prowess. Fast and deadly while puncturing enemies, I could see it on the archer as an alternative to the stab dagger. More range, less speed, decent slashing.

Well, it wins for style points. Would probably make me nerdgasm if I could jab people in the back with it as an archer.

@Kriegson:

Caestus:
    For those who enjoy fisticuffs, why not strap some sharp metal bits to your fists and make it official? Aside from those gauntlets of course. Could even be sort of a “Status symbol” for those manly mustache bearing men who see weapons as those little metal things they use to remove chunks of human flesh from their teeth with. For all classes.

Lurrv this, have always wanted some sort of ‘fisticuffs unlockable’.

@SlyGoat:

Also, the only 2-hander I want to see on the Man-at-Arms is a quarterstaff.

God, yes, staff/stick fighting would be another win.

Do like, just wasting my time at the moment before I go into a meeting but I’ll edit with some idea’s when I’m back…

• I think we should add some M1911’s, maybe some sort of rocket launcher, and a few assault rifles.

Lightsabers and dinosaurs would be pretty cool too. 8-)