Respawn timer adjustment to encourage more teamplay

• Put a respawn timer in-game that continually counts down and repeats. Once the timer hits 0, any players waiting will respawn. This batches player respawns into groups, which should greatly help encourage more teamplay and cooperation.
    IE: 20 seconds counts down to 0, all dead players respawn and the timer restarts at 20 again.

RO2 did this, and it was an effective tool in getting players to group up together and play as a team.

• @Fields:

Put a respawn timer in-game that continually counts down and repeats. Once the timer hits 0, any players waiting will respawn. This batches player respawns into groups, which should greatly help encourage more teamplay and cooperation.
    IE: 20 seconds counts down to 0, all dead players respawn and the timer restarts at 20 again.

RO2 did this, and it was an effective tool in getting players to group up together and play as a team.

This is how it works already… 15 second waves.

• Fields, I doubt adding more time to the respawn wave would hold any meaning towards to teamplay, cause you do even now need a well teamplay to break through the foritifcation of the opponents defence. As for defenders, there’s no need for adding more time either, cause they have certain spawn posistions that are really far from the main objective area. Like Hillside’s first objective.

• @ReMixx:

@Fields:

Put a respawn timer in-game that continually counts down and repeats. Once the timer hits 0, any players waiting will respawn. This batches player respawns into groups, which should greatly help encourage more teamplay and cooperation.

This is how it works already… 15 second waves.

I wasn’t aware, and also kind of don’t believe you. I very very rarely see other people spawn when I do.

• @Fields:

I wasn’t aware, and also kind of don’t believe you. I very very rarely see other people spawn when I do.

Then they’re not dead yet! :x

• Wouldn’t that only encourage cowardly play? Well I wouldn’t jump at the objective just to get 1-5% done when I had half a minute to wait afterwards.

• Per-team wave times seems like something the server might want to control. I heard you guys were working on making things like this tweakable; will this make it into the next patch?

Also, as a player pubbing around, knowing what some of these gameplay variables are set to would be nice (ideally before I jump into a game).