So the Norse sword is made completely useless next patch?

• Can someone spot a single reason to use the Norse sword now over the broadsword? The Norse sword was originally intended to be a faster thrusting weapon. I don’t use the Norse sword often but i don’t like seeing weapons that have almost no use whatsoever. Everything should have its strengths and weaknesses in comparison to the other choices.

Broadsword - Longer reach
    Same stab damage and speed
    Faster combos
    More overhead damage with faster speed
    More slash damage with slower wind-up but faster release

Norsesword - ……0.05 second faster recovery???

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … TZnc#gid=1

• Borge has a valid point. Ameleke why don’t you write something more constructive if you disagree?

Indeed, Norse sword’s power was it’s stabbing. Now that they nerfed it, it lost it’s main purpose.

Fortunately the current patch is still in beta, so those things can be changed before the patch is released.

• @akarnir:

Borge has a valid point. Ameleke why don’t you write something more constructive if you disagree?

Indeed, Norse sword’s power was it’s stabbing. Now that they nerfed it, it lost it’s main purpose.

Fortunately the current patch is still in beta, so those things can be changed before the patch is released.

Listen (I’m still laughing @ the topic starter btw), we all know now, that the norse sword is getting abused with the stab attack atm (duh), but he doesn’t need to immediatly panic about it, lol. Who knows what will change after the beta patch. So kiddo, relax, smoke a joint ore something and wait till the official patch is out, oke? Why has it lost it’s main purpose? Maybe people will find another way to abuse it? Who knows, we will find out soon…

• @ameleke:

@akarnir:

Borge has a valid point. Ameleke why don’t you write something more constructive if you disagree?

Listen (I’m still laughing @ the topic starter btw), we all know now, that the norse sword is getting abused with the stab attack atm (duh), but he doesn’t need to immediatly panic about it, lol. Who knows what will change after the beta patch. So kiddo, relax, smoke a joint ore something and wait till the official patch is out, oke? Why has it lost it’s main purpose? Maybe people will find another way to abuse it? Who knows, we will find out soon…

So what i gathered is that you think community feedback on a beta patch and potential problems and oversights should not be brought up and discussed? Why are you even on a forum if you think that way.

• I rather have a balanced game with a FEW weapons that aren’t top notch (and can still be used if you want to challenge yourself) instead of something you have to use and abuse to be competitive.

Also Borge made a very intelligent point.

• @Borge:

@ameleke:

@akarnir:

So what i gathered is that you think community feedback on a beta patch and potential problems and oversights should not be brought up and discussed? Why are you even on a forum if you think that way.

There always will be problems. Mention a game in this genre (online) that is problem free? So what if they let the change that they did make in the beta stay? It still will be a weapon, that you can attack with, but just not op as before. I am on a forum to chit chat and I bet you are to, right? we are actually discussing right now, aren’t we? If you don’t like me buddy, just ignore me, it’s the simpelest thing to do if you don’t wanne talk to me (like anybody else).

• @Swarlos:

I rather have a balanced game with a FEW weapons that aren’t top notch (and can still be used if you want to challenge yourself) instead of something you have to use and abuse to be competitive.

Also Borge made a very intelligent point.

Who doesn’t? The patch is still in beta and god knows what they will do. The weapon will never be useless if you still can attack and kill with it and because you think it’s not balanced, somebody else thinks it is. It will never be perfect for everyone and alot of things can change though. If they fuck this weapon up, it isn’t the end of the world, just get over it. There are more weapons, than just the norse sword.

• norse sword was never op…lol and they nerf it instead of the 1H SoW fail!

another game with nerf weapons incoming?

• I would say it is kinda op, i saw once a guy having 60/6 stats by using only norse sword on knight. It’s a very rare sight to see someone having this score with other weapons, and by rare i mean i never saw anyone getting so high score.

• Yeah its speed to damage makes it OP at the moment since you can stab a Vanguard twice and kill him. But nerfing it down to being a worthless choice is not the best thing to do. I think its speed should still be slightly higher than the broadsword, and a thrust that is only just more damaging than the broadsword but wont kill a Vanguard in 2 stabs.

• @Borge:

Yeah its speed to damage makes it OP at the moment since you can stab a Vanguard twice and kill him. But nerfing it down to being a worthless choice is not the best thing to do. I think its speed should still be slightly higher than the broadsword, and a thrust that is only just more damaging than the broadsword but wont kill a Vanguard in 2 stabs.

Broadsword stab kills Vanguards in 2 hits as well. The more I’ve used the Broadsword the more I’m realizing it’s actually a really good weapon, but the one place it fell short was against Knights where the extra damage of the Norse and Falchion really comes in handy - and fighting Knights is a pretty huge deciding factor on how good a weapon is.

• "im a proud user of the norse sword but now its totaly useless … reduce the stabing dmgs is ok or reducing the speed but not both … : ( the ability of the sword was to stab and now its uterly useless … i never ever slash with any weapons except when im far from allies and in a group of enemies , but as a maa you cant rush group of enemies…

please put one or the other but not both …"

batman does not aprove of this nerfing !

• They only created the game from the ground up, guys. I think they know what they’re doing. If it’s hit too hard this patch next patch it can be buffed. Relax. Toning down both the speed and the damage may have been the only way to avoid overnerfing the speed or the damage by themselves and completely ridding it of any trademark it had (shitty speed or shitty stab does not a norse sword make). An overall tuning sounds like the best approach, which is the approach they’ve taken.

• @SlyGoat:

@Borge:

Yeah its speed to damage makes it OP at the moment since you can stab a Vanguard twice and kill him. But nerfing it down to being a worthless choice is not the best thing to do. I think its speed should still be slightly higher than the broadsword, and a thrust that is only just more damaging than the broadsword but wont kill a Vanguard in 2 stabs.

Broadsword stab kills Vanguards in 2 hits as well. The more I’ve used the Broadsword the more I’m realizing it’s actually a really good weapon, but the one place it fell short was against Knights where the extra damage of the Norse and Falchion really comes in handy - and fighting Knights is a pretty huge deciding factor on how good a weapon is.

Get off my broadsword slut.

edit: oh and can you knaves stop pretending like norse sword is a class? It’s a weapon. Now it’s role is shorter/faster than the broadsword with good damage. This replaces “LMAO NORSESTABSTABDEAD” as a sidegrade and a vessel of skill.

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

@SlyGoat:

@Borge:

Get off my broadsword slut.

edit: oh and can you knaves stop pretending like norse sword is a class? It’s a weapon. Now it’s role is shorter/faster than the broadsword with good damage. This replaces “LMAO NORSESTABSTABDEAD” as a sidegrade and a vessel of skill.

The problem is it’s not actually faster or stronger than the broadsword on its thrust attack, while it is described as and intended to be a thrust weapon. The purpose of weapon has been completely disregarded in these changes.

Side note: off topic comments removed and I thank you in advance for not making any more.

• @SlyGoat:

The problem is it’s not actually faster or stronger than the broadsword on its thrust attack, while it is described as and intended to be a thrust weapon. The purpose of weapon has been completely disregarded in these changes.

Side note: off topic comments removed and I thank you in advance for not making any more.

Well Goat with this patch, I will now concede the fact that sword of war is now superior to norse sword. Does more poke damage and is the same speed now! This is disappointing, but I guess my favorite 2 hand weapon is now my favorite 1 hand weapon. Just need to find a faster weapon as a secondary for those pesky MAA.

• You can still spam stabs with broadsword. All this did was indirectly buff Knights.

The real problem is that Stabs are superior on most weapons than other strikes. Next patch people will be complaining about the stab and recovery/combo speed of halberd.(which is coincidentally a good weapon vs knights)

• @SlyGoat:

So change the description, having an immensely and powerful thrusting sword didn’t work out.

Now the purpose is something else. People cling to their ideals too strongly

• You really don’t get that you just described the broadsword….

• With Right mouse parries being able to block any weapon, any decent archer or man at arms can be a serious threat to a knight 1v1 simply because they can parry and then land an attack while the knight is still winding up a swing with their fastest weapon. Right now the norse sword is the best counter for good dagger wielding archers and flanged/falcion (buggy block breaker weapons) MAAs… you can always carry a falcion as well, but that leaves vulnerable to daggers … So… nerfing the norse sword without changing the OP parry from small weapons against 2 handers… will be a bit sketchy i would guess

second issue with gameplay that i see is that when you do a regular LMB swing, your weapon starts angled behind your body, then swings forwards. but if it hits someone even at that strange backward angle, as soon as it starts moving, it does full damage. this means often the best way to swing at someone is to move your view ‘side to side’ (im sure this make sense to someone) and clip them just after the damage arc starts… i think the damage should scale, it should start at 10-20%, maybe 50% or higher, 75%, once its just approaching FPS view, 100% through most of the screen and just tail off a bit at the end of swing.