Staggered Content Patches

• We need this if you want this game to live to next year.

No more of this huge patch which takes 3-4 weeks to complete.

• @Jen<3:

We need this if you want this game to live to next year.

Agreed, but you forgot to mention content also. Balance it more (not like ingame :p), so we get some content and patches, ore just together. People lose interest like mentioned in some topics and how more go, the more will leave. If 1 sheep go’s, the rest follows ^^. So plz TB, give the damm patch! I think it’s still ridicilous, that the (beta) patch is only for NA, but oh well, I can wait, can’t speak for the rest though.

• give the patch when it’s ready, you people want a patch that makes new bugs? keep demanding. I doubt that a great part of this community has ADHD, but will keep playing this game because its unique and awesome.

• @city_hunter:

give the patch when it’s ready, you people want a patch that makes new bugs? keep demanding. I doubt that a great part of this community has ADHD, but will keep playing this game because its unique and awesome.

Look, maybe you didn’t encounter problems ingame, but alot of people did and still do. We were told that we are getting a patch in 2 weeks, but it is like 5 weeks later as somebody mentioned in some topic. There will be always bugs, offcourse (duh). Which game is bug free? I agree on the part, that alot of people that rage, but hey, atleast they play it, so you can laugh you’re ass off ( can’t wait for voip to hear them scream like in cod though). Agreed, the game is awesome, but is getting a bit boring, but no worries, patch is incoming, so won’t be long now.

P.S I really am curious in the voip system, to hear people cry :D. The voip atm is horrible :p

• @Jen<3:

We need this if you want this game to live to next year.

Yeah, well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.
    I like solid patches. What that means is release when you feel you’ve covered a number of the top issues. A lot of times in development, fixing an issue involves more than 1 specific change. So, if their biggest problem has something to do with players getting stuck, they will have to modify several parts of the system from engine to level design to netcode. I’d much rather a complete package than have it chopped up. But, that’s just my opinion ;)

• Patch 1 could of been split into 3-4 patches by now. Where did I say I didn’t want polished patches?

• @Jen<3:

Patch 1 could of been split into 3-4 patches by now.

That depends on their development cycle.

edit: felt I should back this up.

Given scenario that the key issue is the player getting stuck. Given the 3 required areas to correct in the engine, level, and changes to netcode, let’s say they fix 2/3 but they’re having trouble solving a problem with the engine or rather the engine doesn’t let them do what they wanted to do. So they break off and solve some simple problems of changing timers (balance issues with swing times and feints, etc). Now during that, a developer has come up with a solution involving the engine. They then jump back on it, since it is higher priority. The result? All of the finished code is shipped. Their development process is what should impact patch timeline, not time itself.

• In my experience it’s the developers, you know, the people actually building the game, who know best in what chunks to do the patches. ;)

However, if anyone would be interested in my opinion as a gamer, i’d say: if all else was the same, i’d prefer many regular and small patches over the big and infrequent ones.

I’d prefer speedy development over bug-free beta periods. Better to have a few nasty bugs that get corrected quickly than to have slow ‘i had to wait two months for that’-patches. :D