Crashing when spawning

• So i downloaded the beta patch…then went back to the normal one. Now w/e i try to pres join and spawn in my game freezes and i get a UDK game has stopped working error. Anyone know how to fix this?

• I have the exact same problem and am not happy about this. I ended up re-installing the game… and now it only happens when I click Vanguard. I can click on every other class, but when I click on Vanguard and ANY weapon and click join game, it crashes. I really need this fixed asap :/

Also, I verified the cache too and it still doesn’t work.

• Its happening to me for every class -.-

• @Kirbies:

Its happening to me for every class -.-

It happened to me too until I reinstalled it >.< Bleh.

Not sure what else to do… Hopefully someone can show us the light…

• Did you unlock the veteran helmet that the pre-patch game doesn’t support?

• No i did not, plus i restarted and still dosent work. Looks like thats the end of chiv for me for a while

• @ReMixx:

Did you unlock the veteran helmet that the pre-patch game doesn’t support?

Yes, I did. For Vanguard. Do I need to change that setting? That would make sense if that’s the case. I’ll check on it now. Thanks!

• In the case of the vet helmet, i have unlocked all of them. But i have none of them equiped, still getting the problem.

• @Kirbies:

In the case of the vet helmet, i have unlocked all of them. But i have none of them equiped, still getting the problem.

Hmm yeah, I equipped the vanguard vet helmet in the beta patch… so I guess it’s still reading it as being equipped… Not sure what I can do unless I reinstall the beta… and unequip it… then uninstall again…

Unless there is a better solution, as I’d rather not go through all that >.>

• Goto C:\Users<your username="">\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKCustomization.ini Open in Notepad, change values to 0,0,0,0,0… etc</your>

• @Kimiko:

@ReMixx:

Did you unlock the veteran helmet that the pre-patch game doesn’t support?

Yes, I did. For Vanguard. Do I need to change that setting? That would make sense if that’s the case. I’ll check on it now. Thanks!

shakes head This is what happens when you do well and is exactly the reason why you can’t have nice things.

Idea, save the AOC.upk (archive containing player models and textures) from the beta and overwrite the one from prebeta. Let us know if that works.

Edit:
    This is from the Official News thread -
    @Dr.Nick:

@GeneralMonkey:

@Dr.Nick:

Anyways have the devs talked about the beta crashing bug when you try to go back to regular Chivalry? It’s really annoying now and I have no idea how to fix it.

You need to opt out of the beta, then reinstall.

Also I take it that servers not appearing isn’t going to be fixed this patch? Doesn’t appear to be fixed in the beta.

I did that multiple times and it was still crashing. I ended up getting it to work but I had to manually delete all my chivalry folders from my documents and steam.

• @Salesgun4Hire:

Goto C:\Users<your username="">\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKCustomization.ini Open in Notepad, change values to 0,0,0,0,0… etc</your>

worked
    THX!

• Thank you Salesgun4Hire, that worked perfectly :)