Harassment In-Game

• I was just repeatedly harassed in-game by a user called Cyanide. I know this is the internet, and flaming and such should be expected, but he has taken things too far in-game to the point where I could actually not even ignore him because he was attacking me personally in-game through the use of his friends. Then when I just tried to vote kick them out of the game, they accused me of doing such things and the majority rules in this case. I ended up being kicked out of the game while being called numerous names. Which should not happen under any case scenario. As a person, you shouldn’t be bullied to where you aren’t able to enjoy what you want to do. This game can be frustrating, because, well, it’s competitive. Competitive things are one of the most frustrating things in my book. But that does not give anyone the right to just think they can go around and own the world because they aren’t doing so hot in one thing.

Generally I can handle anything I get called, because, you know, you shouldn’t take these things seriously on the internet, but then he had to go and ruin my game-play and this player really should not doing such actions lightly or without consequence.

I would love actions to be taken against this player (Cyanide (Mud was his friend’s name)), but it doesn’t have to happen. What really needs to happen is the ability to report people. This could be in chat logs, anything like that really. But it needs to be done. If there is somebody abusing the vote kick feature like what just happened to me, the privilege to use it should be revoked from that player. I don’t know how you guys are on staffing for anything like this, but the success of this game is doing pretty well, I’m sure you can manage hiring.

tl;dr:
    Features to add:
    Report a player
    Chat logs
    The right of voting revoked if abused. (Because trust me, it’s getting abused)

• You can report this on steam if you know the players name and find him/her. Just an idea.
    hope this helps.

• It is an issue for server admins. I haven’t seen that much bad behaviour in this game compared to other games like CSS and CSGO, quite good really, but not much server kicking either, particularly for trolling, racist slurs of which I have seen several, sexism etc. Most server admins are too passive or immature themselves, and other players do not always put down the abusive language or actions of fellow gamers.

• I, myself, just had a game where within the first 2mins I got accidently teamkilled 2 times. Right after my respawn, some guy started attacking me when there was no enemy around for some reason, probably got teamchanged or got confused by the colours ( doesn’t have to be a badass teamkiller). Still I were fed up and started a votekick and complaint about the amount of tk on this server. The guy got kicked and everything seemed fine. No. Enemy scoreleader got teamchanged in return and started his personal hunt for me for trolling or revenge on the teamchange’s sake Idk. Other ppl saw me fighting him and entered the battle on his side which snowballed into constant 5v1 and I,eventually, got kicked for teamkilling.
    I guess it’s bad luck and I hope you can laugh about it, at least. ^^

• @Escadin:

I, myself, just had a game where within the first 2mins I got accidently teamkilled 2 times. Right after my respawn, some guy started attacking me when there was no enemy around for some reason, probably got teamchanged or got confused by the colours . ^^

I did this once where I TK a guy because i got switched and was still thinking as a blue when I was now a red. The guy never returned my attacks and then after I killed him had me vote-kicked off the team - which I don’t blame him. I did feel real bad about this once I realized what I did. Oh well SORRY whoever I TK out there last week. I never TK in any game except by accident.

• What really needs to happen is the ability to report people. This could be in chat logs, anything like that really.

I extremely agree with this Idea, i cannot tell you how many times i have seen players be abused in the old game AOC by regular players and players with high status (server admins). In this game i only play on official servers because that way i do not have to deal with abusive server admins.

Yeah reporting sounds like a really good idea, it could work kind f like how it does in Runes cape.

• There should be a way to disable the chat if you dont want to see it on the screen. For votekicks, we all need to help out - if you havent seen the person doing anything wrong, dont vote yes.

Also, is there anyway to setup a one-key “sorry” macro? Like map it to f12 so i can quickly apologize for a tk?

• @loin:

You can report this on steam if you know the players name and find him/her. Just an idea.
    hope this helps.

They aren’t always steam users.

@ransack:

There should be a way to disable the chat if you dont want to see it on the screen. For votekicks, we all need to help out - if you havent seen the person doing anything wrong, dont vote yes.

Also, is there anyway to setup a one-key “sorry” macro? Like map it to f12 so i can quickly apologize for a tk?

There should be, yes.
    No, there is not. Doesn’t take long for a sorry to be typed though. If you kill a disgruntled person, they instantly have a personal vendetta against you. It’s honestly based on the person of interest. I played in match today and was killed by my own team countless times. I killed many of my team members too, we were just all experimenting with those weapons we have no idea how to use. We just laughed it off and said we were sorry and we just had fun.

@Iron-Sentinel:

What really needs to happen is the ability to report people. This could be in chat logs, anything like that really.

I extremely agree with this Idea, i cannot tell you how many times i have seen players be abused in the old game AOC by regular players and players with high status (server admins). In this game i only play on official servers because that way i do not have to deal with abusive server admins.

Yeah reporting sounds like a really good idea, it could work kind f like how it does in Runes cape.
    Yeah, it’s utterly repulsing seeing the amount of people acting they way they do.

I like the RuneScape reporting system. Don’t see it fitting into this game though with the command prompt.

• Trolls?

I’m just waiting until people are willing to pay me money to just hunt these people down and kill them. make sure that these people never cause harm ever again. 8-)