Fists mechanics

• I want to open a discussion on the usage of fists in the game.

I recently played on a server where 2 people got to the top of the lists by ‘fisting’ (please don’t be immature :P ) their way through the fields. And I began to wonder if your fists should have this big of an advantage. Vanguards seem to die after, what is it, 5 fist hits? Especially from a man at arms this seems highly unlikely if the receiver of the hits is wearing plate armor. I did not notice if this fisting actually interrupts weapon attacks but if it does it actually sounds a bit overpowered (looking at the speed at which you can smash your fists).

Any opinions on this?

• Fists are fine, if you can’t kill someone who is punching you with your weapon then switch to your fists, both of you will have fun. :lol:

• To be honest, I think fists need toned down a bit. As a knight, I can be punched to death pretty damn easily. And considering the general mentality of this game is to swarm, people who “fist” their way to a top score just generally move like a swarm of angry hornets.

And I dunno if any of you thought of this, but punching plate mail with a leather glove still hurts like hell.

I like the idea and I think it needs to stay, but it shouldn’t really be as viable in combat as it is.

• Fists can’t block weapons. All you have to do to kill someone that’s punching you, is just block once then hit them.

• Fists should not be touched at all. They are a fun asset to the game and (I believe) they are purposely made over-powered. They are like the knives of CSS or the taunt-kills of TF2. Ridiculously over-powered
    mechanics that make the game fun. The only way you can die by a fist is if you’re using a heavy weapon (2H etc.) and/or you are caught off-guard. Fun, and easily avoidable if you know how to counter them.

@RushSecond:

All you have to do to kill someone that’s punching you, is just block once then hit them.

It may not be as easy as it sounds… You are extremely agile and quick when “wielding” fists. If you come across a polearms/2 handed sword class, it is easy to duck/jump/dodge/run around your opponents attack. Every swing causes them to lose balance and if you land several successful consecutive swings, you can easily slaughter a vanguard or knight.

It’s extremely humiliating if you’re the victim.

• Fists need to be re-balanced as they are uncharacteristically stronger and more capable than they should be.

Their strength and ability to endlessly stun players breaks the immersion of the game entirely, much like Archers being able to block overheads from a maul with a pissy little dagger (another severe imbalance). It is laughably absurd, and brings to light the mistaken abstraction of balance that the devs have allowed the community to push into their game.

Fists should be nothing more than a novelty, exclusively for people fighting at the end of the round, and putting aside weapons for shits and giggles. It should hold no comparable ground to any of the weapons in the game. It is a broken game mechanic, among the many that this game has, and ought to be severely diminished in its killing capabilities. It is a novelty that has been given too much priority over the quality of gameplay.

@Matti:

They are like the knives of CSS or the taunt-kills of TF2.

Actually, you know what is like the knife of CSS? The knife Chivalry. The taunt-kills of TF2 are also made to be nearly impossible to achieve, as they are 1-hit kills. Granted fists are not 1-hit kills, the amount of stunning they induce is sometimes enough to never allow an opponent to retaliate.

Don’t even get me started on Archers’ pissy daggers being able to do anything to knights in full plate.
    It makes me doubt the devs of this game have ever held a sword in their lifetime.

• @RushSecond:

Fists can’t block weapons. All you have to do to kill someone that’s punching you, is just block once then hit them.

speed hackers love running around using just fists, they can keep up with you backpedalling so move to the side to hit them. blocking is near impossible with hackers.

• Fists are a more comedic aspect. And its a fun way to end a 1v1 LTS or TDM. Everyone starts yelling FISTS FISTS.

Its also pretty funny to get someone down to no health and change to your fists an give him one. Just to humiliate them. Its a bit risky doing that though.